Gun lovers are just going to have to give up assault rifles

Gun lovers are just going to have to give up assault rifles.
There is no justifiable reason for them to be on the street and accessible at all. Hobby, fetish and tradition are not worth the risk to our society.

And don't even start the pedantic definition debate. I don't give a goddamn what you call it. Don't even start, that has precluded reform far too long.

Any weapon capable killing an office party before any can get out, of spraying 100 LGBT folks celebrating pride in a safe place, capable of overpowering a police force and picking off 5 and hitting 11 does not belong in the arms of any citizen. No matter how well adjusted, clean or quiet.

We are a grown up society, a country capable of changing. Change isn't always comfortable. But, just as the people got on board or got left behind throughout the civil rights movement, women's movement and the marriage equally movement, among so many others, the people are ready. We've had enough.

Gun reform is a civil rights movement. It is a social movement. Those movements always move forward, even with set backs. Get on board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311
thefreethoughtproject.com/concealed-carrier-stops-mass-shooting/
bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/31/concealed-carrying-hero-battled-mass-shooter-houston-media-silent/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
youtube.com/watch?v=8hyQDQPEsrs
youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(you)

pistols cause more deaths than rifles
just imagine
concealed carry is abolished and open carry instated
instead of evil nasty pistols hidden and ticked away everyone has to talk around with a big old clunky rifle out in the open

No reason to have cars capable of going 150mph when the highest speed limit in the nation is 75mph. Seize all cars that can go faster than 70 NOW!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

We are meant to be able to own the same weapons as the military and have the capacity to defend ourselves and our freedom from threats foreign and domestic, pussy.

Thank you

Anyways, what part of Well regulated in the 2nd amendment do you gun nuts not understand, It was put in there to protect us from people like you.

Here's a video for you shitstains to get educated from.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w

No

> capable of overpowering a police force and picking off 5 and hitting 11 does not belong in the arms of any citizen

Isn't this why you have gun rights in the first place, so you can rebel against the government if your freedom is threatened or taken? That you can defend yourselves against those who are already armed?

If you give up your guns you give up your protection against tyranny, and you give full power to the government to do wrong or right meaning you lose even more power as a citizen.

>citing daily show.

Now I know this is bait.

"assault rifles"

are statistically insignificant in the number of deaths and wounded.

they are, the the most effective weapon available to resist the government.

>I cannot form a legitimate argument
>call it b8
Just leave the thread and board forever, you're too pathetic to be here.

SHALL NOT
H
A
L
L

N
O
T

America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a violent nigger problem. Ban assault niggers.

The right to bear arms is ALREADY “infringed” for many, and for very good reason. Here’s a short list of things that could easily happen if we were to give you your way, remove all “infringements,” and completely deregulate the Second Amendment:

>A career felon could walk out of prison, and purchase a full-auto AK-47 from Walmart
>Your psycho ex could buy a sniper rifle and silencer from “some guy” for $100
>A mentally handicapped child could get a pistol from a vending machine
>Known terrorists and those with terrorist affiliations could easily purchase Stinger missile launchers to shoot down airliners, and RPGs to blow up your Hummer
>Any nutjob could walk out of the asylum, buy a grenade launcher and flamethrower, and visit your kids at school.

Shall not be infringed, faggot.

Well-regulated circa 1700s meant in good working order or well maintained.

Also under United States Federal law, 10 U.S. Code § 311 all able bodied male citizens age 17 to 45 are part of the unorganized militia, separate from the National Guard.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311

(((United Canadians from America)))

>>Any nutjob could walk out of the asylum, buy a grenade launcher and flamethrower, and visit your kids at school.

Flame throwers aren't even regulated except in Commifornia.

Notice it doesn't says the people's right not the militias right.

Remember when the government vowed to take away our crack and heroin, made it illegal, and then everyone in America stopped using it?

do liberals think semi automatic rifles are a new thing or something? like they just hit the shelves in gun stores this decade or something? or were annual mass shootings in the 50s and 80s im not aware of?

>implying all of those things don't already happen even with the laws in place

>liberals pretend to be amateur scientists with m-muh global warming models
>ignore actual statistics showing that the only thing which correlates with gun violence is minority population

>using a 18th century definition for modern times
The founders don't rule us anymore and we are fit to change the law as we see fit. The reason that ancient definition still applies is because people aren't reading right or thinking hard enough.

And the Supremes can rule as they see fit. Slavery used to be legal and accepted in America, too, and their 'votes' cast by their 'masters' were worth a percentage of a white vote. That idiocy was enshrined in law, too. Didn't make it right, didn't make it sensible, didn't make it reflective of our values as a nation.

Maybe we can get over this dumbass gun culture. That's MY hope. It should be at least as hard to qualify to get a gun as it is to get a driver's license. Frankly, I'd like to see it be a bit harder.

I'm tired of children being gunned down. A kid was murdered in front of a local high school yesterday, and a couple others wounded, by someone driving by. The kid was the baby of the family, a "stay home" type, a good student, and he had the bad luck to be in front of his own school to catch some lead during a fire drill.

Sick of this crap. I've had enough.

Your picture is dumb and you are dumb, too. The Constitution in no way shape or form even mentions slavery. Let alone a right to own people. In fact, it specifically states all men are created equal

Fuck off, nigger

>2 men took on government forces they felt were corrupt
>took out three times as many they did

The 2nd Amendment did its job.

I think it just requires five justices to think a bit differently about the meanings of words.

reg·u·late
ˈreɡyəˌlāt/
verb
past tense: regulated; past participle: regulated
control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly.
"a hormone that regulates metabolism and organ function"
synonyms: control, adjust, manage
"the flow of the river has been regulated"
control or supervise (something, especially a company or business activity) by means of rules and regulations.
"the organization that regulates fishing in the region"
synonyms: supervise, police, monitor, check, check up on, be responsible for; More
set (a clock or other apparatus) according to an external standard.

You are correct, the Supreme Court can rule as they see fit but they cannot change the constitution as it was at the time of it's writing. The only way to do that (as they did for prohibition and slavery) is by the amendment process.

Infringe is defined as restricting or hindering. You want to restrict the second amendment? You need to amend the constitution to make it legal. That's all there is to it. They must also repeal 10 U.S. Code § 311 because as it stands the people are still the militia.

It has to be done legally or not at all.

>We lefties use "regulation" as word that means restricting rights.
>Clearly those guys way back when, in the document that spends all its time outlining rights that will not be restricted, were using that word in the same manner as we people who hate everything they stood for.

I live on land that has coyote and hog problems. ARs are hands down the best tool for the job.

Besides, most of the victims of gun violence are gang bangers shooting each other with pistols and old AKs

The first man can easily auto sear (or just nig rig a string) on a straw purchased AK, or get one even cheaper from his illegal dealer carlos

The psycho ex probably wouldn't know how to operate a sniper rifle so a silencer wouldn't help her.

Gun vending machines don't even exist in completely unregulated anarchist paradises.

If a terrorist could purchase a stinger missile so could I. Also the government still exists retard.

Career felons can already get guns any time they want, and much faster than any law-abiding citizen, who has to fill out multiple forms of paperwork and endure 'waiting periods.'

And as far as "KNOWN TERRORISTS" Obongo has already supplied all of them (as long as they are Saudi-sponsored ISIS and al-CIAda terrorists) with all the stinger missiles they want. Your arguments are really empty.

Cry more, faggot. Your feelings do not trump rights. Also, all of them.

If you really want to get into it fine.

According to the US government, the militia is formed of all able bodied males age 17 to 45.

Well regulated in the sense that the founding father meant didn't meant controlled but ready and able. They wanted the people to have sufficient arms and ammo to be able to not only defend themselves but if the need ever came to be, to be able to fight any enemy, from invading army to the government itself if it forgot why we declared independence to begin with.

But this thread was obviously created to be bait and not debate as you are already very set in your thought pattern and just want replies.

So congratulations, you got me to spend a couple minutes fact checking myself and typing this reply out.

>You are correct, the Supreme Court can rule as they see fit but they cannot change the constitution as it was at the time of it's writing

False false false.

Yes brother take away the guns, it's the first step in creating a racially pure nation and making sure the unpure can't resist. Sieg Heil!

Gun control is a fantasy

over 300 million guns in the US, legally, who knows how many illegal guns there are.

It's logistically impossible to disarm the US population.

Guns are here to stay, you can thank your democratic AND republican legislatures for that

Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Think of the horrific, menacing death devices!

that all sounds way more interesting than my shitty life now, bring it.

only 100 fags?

Better luck next time

;_;

>since the lexicon of english has changed and it fits my agenda, we can use modern definitions of a phrase that originally meant something different

absolute cancer

So repeal the 2nd amendment. Should be easy if your position is right.

The 2nd amendment was a mistake and the Constitution is not even worth the ancient paper it is printed on

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Then repeal it.

(((((Crooked Hillary))))) not getting that the NRA /is/ the country. We /are/ the NRA.

>implying assault rifles account for fuck all gun violence in america

Move to mexico guns are completely illegal, it's a paradise nobody ever dies from gun violence ever!

If you have proof show me otherwise where the Supreme Court can overrule an amendment.

>concealed carries haven't deterred mass shootings
Why do people lie on the internet?

thefreethoughtproject.com/concealed-carrier-stops-mass-shooting/
bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/31/concealed-carrying-hero-battled-mass-shooter-houston-media-silent/

Most of those are suicides, probably caused by politicians like her.

Excuse me, I just have to post this here.

In your opinion.

>He doesn't undertand the social liberties that are guaranteed by the bill of rights.

I have a problem with this whole freedom of speech culture. I think the first amendment should be changed because it's no longer relevant. Society should be able to throw people who speak incorrectly into prison.

Also I high think it's time that we allow the standing army to be able to turn our houses into their own property. I mean we're not fighting the British redcoats so WTF is up with that?

Do you see yet how fucked up your thinking is?

>muh salt rifles
All rifles combined account for less than 10% of gun deaths. An "assault rifle" is just another a semi-auto rifle.

>muh US has the most gun deaths!
60% of US gun deaths are suicides; and it's the same relative amount of suicide as other countries like the UK and Japan, they just kill themselves in more gruesome ways because they can't get guns.

The US is also 111th in murder-per-capita. Countries like Mexico, Venezuela, and Brazil with strict-as-fuck gun laws still have higher murder rates. The reason we have lots of murders is because of shitskins; which leftists want to import more of for some reason.

The major city in the US with the lowest murder rate is Plano, Texas - where lots of people are gun owners, and the gun laws are lax.

>we can take ur guns away if we want, you don't need big magazines, etc.
The Supreme Court case of Heller v. Disctrict of Columbia already ruled that owning a semi-automatic gun is a Constitutional right:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

From a philosophical/Constitutional perspective, gun ownership should be a right. The Preamble to the Constitution states that people have a right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". If citizens have a right to life, that means that they should have a right to defend their life by adequate means. Women, old people, and the disabled can't defeat a gang of dindus in melee combat - thus, guns are needed.

>b-b, but, you don't need guns because you have cops!
The Supreme Court Case Warren v District of Columbia ruled that the police do not have a duty to risk their life to protect you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Also, aren't you lefty types always shitting on the cops? I thought if a cop gets anywhere near you, it would trigger you.

>Stefan Molyneux shits on gun control:
youtube.com/watch?v=8hyQDQPEsrs

>Bill Whittle shits on gun control:
youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

news.yahoo.com/guns-dont-deter-crime-study-finds-180710261.html
More conclusions from actual studies:

>A well-armed populace does not deter murders
>Higher ownership of guns in a state mean more armed robberies
>Higher ownership of guns in a state means more homicides
>There is no scientific data that supports the theory that a well-armed population would reduce violent crime, but plenty that shows the opposite
>Firearm assaults are 6.8 times more frequent in states with highest rates of gun ownership than states with the lowest
>Gun ownership correlates with higher rates of all homicides, not just homicide with a gun.
>Increases in gun ownership precede increases in violent crime.
>Where more people own guns, the homicide rate of friends and family increases.
>The presence of a gun in a home increases the rate of suicide.
- At least one Congressman has admitted he doesn't care what the data has to say.

Oh, okay, so you wouldn't mind losing your rights? You wouldn't mind being deprived of free speech and association, you wouldn't mind losing the right to practice (or not practice) a faith? You'd be cool with having soldiers stationed in your house on your dime? You just don't see the problem with the justice system throwing you in prison on a whim? You're perfectly alright with the possibility of having cruel and unusual punishments inflicted on you?

Get out.

Niggers are just gonna have to give up food stamps and we will have to stop educating illigals. we lose millions of dollars to this and it keeps people out of jobs and etc . This has gone on for too long. Etc etc.

Has there ever been a legit gun control user on Sup Forums? Or is it all just trolls and shills?

How many magazines do you recommend I have?

My harness holds 6 (2 rows of 3) but I figure 3+1 is breddy gud, that way my harness isn't unwieldy.

Republicans think due process is more important than safety. If you're dead, rights don't matter.
What about our rights to not be shot? Republicans may want to
read up on life, liberty and all that stuff.

Webm of cop getting murked with that AR 15. Brap braaaaap

Nah.

Holy shit are you a retard

Felons SHOULD NOT be allowed to purchase weapons. They've ruined they're rights by proving they aren't trusted to be a functioning member of society.

You shouldn't be able to purchase automatic weapons without a FUCKING PERMIT, self explanatory.

Maybe only be able to be legally able to buy a firearm in a business. Or to exchange firearms in a private party, maybe do it in public court?

>silencers should just not be legal

WTF when would there be vending machines with guns in them? That's actual retardation and you KNOW that wouldn't happen.

Require a special permit to have explosives. Oh wait... We have that already, and it kind of FUCKIN works, just saying

Taking banning the posession of automatic weapond makes sense, 9 out of ten automatic rifles can be changed to semi-auto fairly easily. But when you ban the manufacturing, and purchase of "high powered" semi automatic rifles, you're removing an ENTIRE TYPE of weapon off the market. "High powered" semi auto rifle is literally any fucking rifle that's semi-automatic, all that leaves is bolt-action. Next, is handguns, then we have to fight out tyrannical country with plastic SPORKS cause they took away the plastic forks for the long sharp ends.

Washing, Jefferson, Adams - all of them Founding Fathers, and all of them were 100% cool with citizens owning guns.

All throughout US history, it has been a precedent that citizens are allowed to own guns. Show me any evidence before 1900 that the US government wouldn't let citizens have guns unless they were part of a "militia."

Gun control will only work if you rule with fear and execute millions. Which let's be honest with the way humanity is going, that's what it's really going to take to turn things around.

>Higher ownership of guns in a state mean more armed robberies
>Higher ownership of guns in a state means more homicides
Aren't these conflating cause and effect? If you live in a dangerous area with a lot of armed robbery and homicide, of course you'll be more inclined to get a gun to protect yourself.

Yeah but those pistol deaths don't cause the kind of instant mass casualties that a rifle does. And the point here is that guns need to be regulated so the democrat voting cat ladies who watch CNN all day don't have to see anymore of these mass shootings on tv.

They don't actually give a flying fuck about the daily handgun murders that take place in this country.

You do realize that if you take suicides, accidents, and justified homicides out of the equation that ~80% of the murders in the US are gang related. Further rifles (long guns per FBI statistics) account for less than 5% of the gun related deaths per year.

READ
UNBIASED
DATA
YOU
FUCKING
SHEEP

>Tfw someone saved a shitty picture I made and its used to promote FREEDOM.

>our rights to not be shot

What about the right to defend yourself by adequate means?

>be feminist
>tell women they will just have to deal with getting raped because shooting Tyrone hurts your fee-fees

It's impossible to argue with these gun nuts. They have the standard answer for all of this. "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun." They think other church members should have been armed. They are a fucking problem on modern society and a enable racist pieces of shit to murder innocent people. Innocent blood is on gunnut and pol's hands.

I almost feel the gun argument is unwinnable.

They are, for all intents and purposes, "climate deniers," flat earthers, science deniers. They have a huge emotional stake in not seeing the "causality" of things you espouse, to things that are happening.

I have an important quote I made about all of this "Gun love is like religion. Facts are useless."

Fuck you guys, I'm out.

Come and take them

Well said.

Hey libcucks, heres your chance. If hundreds of dead children or 50 dead gays didn't get sweeping gun reform to pass, cry over the dead bodies of the police officers who bravely defended your protesting asses. I will still be laughing at your futile efforts to pass one single piece of legislation. See you at the next mass shooting.

Switzerland.

Come and take them

Then you're going to have to take them from me.

A career felon shouldn't be allowed back on the streets.

I'd let her murder me, if you know what I mean lads

>Fuck you guys, I'm killing myself.

Another Sup Forums victory.

bye

Buddy, if you try to take away our rifles, there will be a war. That's not an edgy threat, that's a simple fact.

That picture's just unapologetically obfuscative and artificially constrained. It's called the right to bear ARMS.

Not "guns", okay, "ARMS!".

Sticking to guns is simply a concession by second amendment defenders to stick to the most practical type of arms.

So back in the day, the weapon of choice for massacres of civilians would have been swords, a fairly decent choice since you wouldn't have to worry about all those pistols and such that people might defend themselves with. Or maybe even better: bows.

So, these people who have a petty selfcentered personal NEED to attack the right to bear arms owe it to try and take on mockery of the prospect of those, that way they still get to attack the second amendment.

American's have a right to own weapons regardless of what you argue

That right isn't going away no matter how much you pout and stamp your feet.

You're just wrong and you need to learn how to deal with it.

Learn what an Assault Rifle is first.

How many people do we lose a day because of war and poverty, Hillary?

>Gun lovers are just going to have to give up assault rifles

Ha, how many in law enforcement are willing to risk their lives confiscating each and every gun? It's simply not possible. You're also forgetting 3d printing.

Let me sum up this thread lads, with an image.

Well maybe just between you and me...

>if the bouncers at the fag-bar were allowed to have guns at their job the sand-niggers with the guns would have died quicker

This. I don't care what laws are passed, how ever many crocodile tears you shed, or how badly you want guns gone. I don't care if a constitutional amendment is passed that repeals the 2nd Amendment. You will never take my AR away from me. N.E.V.E.R.

>Threatening violence over an anonymous anime image board..

That's the very definition of edgy senpai.

>well regulated

This argument just indicates that the government is derelict in its duty to regulate the militia, which is by law everyone between the ages of 17 and 45, with few exceptions.

FOR. FUCKS. SAKE!

Negative rights and universal armament (both of which cone from English common law tradition) is the actual legal and philosophical basis of our society.

Gun grabbers need to give up their right to vote.

You don't deserve to be a citizen.

>capable of overpowering a police force and picking off 5 and hitting 11 does not belong in the arms of any citizen.

He used an old ass sks you fucking fag. Literally qualifies as a relic weapon, has a wood stock and holds 10 rounds at a time.

Fucking neck yourself you nigger.