Just finished this

Just finished this

Holy fuck so that's what I've been missing out on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DvvgzQ-Itog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A 2 hr music video from the 80s

memes aside, it's actually an unreal movie

Refn gets shit on a lot here but when things come together right, they come together RIGHT. God damn who else but NWR would think of an ultraviolent character-study car movie with synthwave soundtrack and a near-mute main character?

so what was up with him wearing the mask in that one scene?

The aesthetics and the soundtrack really are great together, Refn should make more, especially more subliminal anti Jew propaganda

sometimes in life, you just gotta wear a mask

that elevator scene. just so fucking brutal. why did he do it? why?

Originally it was supposed to be a Need 4 Speed adaptation with Hugh Jackman. But then came Goose and NWR

>silent black screen
>suddenly an overhead view of a brightly lit city in the night while nightcall by kavinsky plays

kino

Watched a month or so ago. Immediately realize who I should and shouldn't trust at my workplace.

He had nothing to lose. He had no name, no family, and lost the girl of his dreams

What did he mean by this?

He did it because that is who he really is, that is the first time he was truly himself in front of Irene, which is why she left horrified and all he could do was stare

The mask is physical manifestation *sniffs* of the confluence of the id and the superego *tugs at shirt* in the American hero and so on.

but who is the big Other?

Definitely not the literally big Jewish guy.

>3 nov
can't wait

This movie was SO mediocre... maybe it seemed better at time of release? I don't know.

The goose comes to take back the golden egg that the big Jew had been hording. Really makes you think

maybe it's because you watched it more than once?

Huh? I watched it once and basically forgot about it, except for real human bean.

>he only watched it because it was a meme

>>>/reddit/

>walking up to the door of a literal party of people
>ramming a dude off the busy road
>drowning him ten feet from the crash
HURR DURR WHY DID HE WANT TO DISGUISE HIMSELF!?!

this movie made me watch that refn movie about the drugs and its in dutch or something

Same, it's called Pusher.

Watch it again. Hated it the first time I saw it before I even knew about this horrible place. Upon a second viewing years later I really was into it. The brutality of that dude who ices Cranston is never discussed. Now that you know what happens which is basically nothing you can appreciate the actual movie itself if that makes sense.

Best Refn movie coming through

Seriously it's like Drive for people who know why they actually watch these kinds of movies

flaws

But its not what he is, hes a criminal dreaming of being a hero.
This is why he works a stuntman, he wants to be the action star.

He does it since he realizes he lost her, that in this moment he has to act and leave her or she will get hurt.

>subliminal
>literally a scene where Ron Perlman talks about getting called a kike

you handle subtlety like Refn

This shit was terrible.

>B-B-B-BUT THE SYMBOLISM
fuck off

>i have lived long enough to witness the pinnacle of modern culture

>no drive 2
>no hotline miami movie directed by refn

the opening scene is aesthetic as fuck

>wanting rehashes
Based Refn keeping it fresh is way better

reminder that this movie didn't get nominated for a single measly oscar

sometimes I miss LA

i just want to see an autist murder people with 80s music in the background

>Holy fuck so that's what I've been missing out on

We all are user, we all are.

>ywn watch drive for the first time again
how does it feel?
painful, isnt it?

moderate kek

it was awful

Drive very much favors style over substance, but Only God Forgives was all style, and threadbare substance

Drive worked, Only God Forgives didn't

>Drive favors style over substance

t. someone who didn't get the movie

Reminder that HACKsaw ridge won an oscar
Fucking Hacksaw Ridge ffs. Also Stanely Kubrick never won one either

Academy awards don't matter, nominations count very little. All it means is "yeah we saw it and we thought it was cool"

Msm is fake

>Drive very much favors style over substance

Sort of.

Notice how you get a weird inward feeling watching Drive, and select other movies? As in, you can understand and follow the movie logically, but for some reason you feel things that seem out of place.

That's because they're deliberately crafted to be a visceral experience that stir emotions you don't quite understand.

Style over Substance is what you would call a movie like ''Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'' or ''The Hangover''

Drive is deeper than that and falls under the ''Visceral'' category.

any other good interesting crime movies like Drive and Nightcrawler ?

Both of those movies are good but it attracts very shallow people. Don't judge the movie based on these trendy faggots

Refn made a movie just for them, it's called Neon Demon

they'd be such a cute couple

When it came out Sup Forums actually didn't want to believe it was a caper. The thought of Drive being a heist movie never popped into their thinning patchy heads

I can't blame the haters for thinking it's shit with fans like this

That scene was the first time I've ever heard of the word kyke. And I thought he said kite lol

That was back in October 2011.
Fuck. Me. Time flies too fast.

But then you remember it's a fucking hellhole.

yep

best film of 2010s decade so far.

Jesus Christ how disgusting.

>intentionally linking south LA the worst part of the city.

santa monica, hollywood, the hills, northeast la are all nice and objectively the best driving roads / car culture in the country.

>vivid and complex life

Actually I feel like those passersby are fucking soulless robots waiting for the sweet release of death.

California is just a shitty version of Florida. And Florida gets gun culture as well as car culture.

LOL FLORIDIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS

>this level of delusion

Stop swimming in those swamps cletus.

>the Westin Bonaventure

>meme cocktail lounge

Literally not arguments.

>shitpost
>people laugh at delusional shitpost
>n-not an argument!!

Bronson was decent
Drive was kino
Only god forgives was shit
Neon Demon was mediocre

When will Refn make another good film? I mean come on, he can do it, the goddamn fucker.

Am I a nigger? are we in Inglewood?

No.

we're not making arguments we're laughing at your idiotic delusions, redneck.

>shitty Michael Mann: the director

Triggered trannies can't even think of one thing better about California

youtube.com/watch?v=DvvgzQ-Itog

Fat smelly autist and his friend.

>ywn be a young university professor of antiquities in the early 1900s
>and late one autumn afternoon receive a mysterious visitor
>who drops a heavily wrapped package before dying in your arms

I cant... I hold all these wants..

literally everything? the roads, the weather, the car scene, the money, the people, the region. you probably live in orlando or some shit hole too which makes it even funnier.

I hate California so much

>the roads
kek

>the weather
kek

>the car scene
kek

>the money
>Implying you have any

>the people
Pic related

>the region
kek

I was not born in, nor live in, Florida. I'm just being honest.

>lol i dont live in ca or fl
So basically you have no idea what you're talking about. Got it.

How long have you lived in each?

northern California is far superior than Southern California. the state should split in half honestly

20 and 10

California was a mistake.

prisoners is a must watch

northern california isn't california.

At 5 I was convinced the world was about exploring and discovering things, beyond the gate, beyond the road, beyond the park, beyond the edge of town, beyond the forest etc.

At 10 I was convinced the world was about moving fast, being better, always going forward, the challenge of beating other people at the game.

At 15 I was convinced the world was about enjoyment, passion, squeezing the most sunlight out of every day, finding joy in breathing, smelling, tasting the world.

At 20 I was convinced the world was about change, fluidity, uprooting order, replacing established structure with the chaos of new ideas and inventions

At 25 I was convinced the world was about temperance, humility, the death of ego. That you needed to become small, to be large. That all things were in harmonious unity, and balance must be maintained.

At 30 I was convinced the world was about illusion. It's not about anything except what each individual believes it to be. That belief itself is not real, but a mixture of culture and inherited behavior, taught unconsciously and maintained, like a separate lifeform or organism, feeding off the human race, urging it to expand, to grow, to build, to persevere.

Your opinion will change over time, just be a good person, that should be a constant.

I'm older than 30. What now?

Well that's a good thing because Californians are the worst people on the entire planet. I would rather have ISIS as a state than California.

Memes

>im 14
ok

They're also more easily triggered than Eurofaggots.

Yeah, its way too lame

>triggered
epic!

I don't know, I'm not there yet. Probably try to relive your youth, bang cute girls, make money?

This fool white asf, lmfao