I saw Logan and Kong Skull Island today

Kong was first, absolute trash.
>it was fun
Yeah, okay. You go enjoy your "fun" while I remember never to listen to my dumb ads friends again when I think a movie looks bad from the trailers.

Logan was second. It was okay. I think a lot of people are gushing about it because they've forgotten what a character driven drama is. It isn't exceptional, it's just exceptional for a superhero movie.

I haven't posted here in a few months and seeing all of you defend Kong makes me sick. Like seriously, Sup Forums was always shit, but I thought you had some standards.

I'm going to go back into my bubble of movies from the 60s and 70s after this thread.

just turn off your brain

If you're not memeing you should kill yourself.

What did you go into Kong Skull Island expecting? A nuanced character study?

Yeah, it was pretty retarded, but I liked some parts.

I absolutely loved Kong; I thought he looked great, but the Lizards and all the other fauna were generic CGI crap that I've seen in tons of movies, from King Kong 05 to the Mist to the '14 Godzilla.

Brie Larson looked like a smug cunt the entire film, and her and Loki's subplot was generic and awful. That scene with the Gas and the Sword was terrible and embarrassingly 2000s.

I loved John C. Reilly, but mainly because I like him and not due to any great performance in this film. I also liked John Goodman, Jackson, and that guy from Boardwalk Empire for similar reasons.

I thought this Asian character was cute, even though she was obvious China pandering

In general, I thought the tone was a bit too comedic, and I never once bought this as a period piece. It looked like it took place yesterday, and everyone spoke like a modern day person.

Points to that subtle political commentary, as well. That was great, and not completely obvious and heavy handed.

Overall, it was pretty polished and concise, unlike Kong 05, and I'd give it a 6.5/10.

The end credit scene was too much like Avengers, though.

You know, there is such a thing as a well crafted piece of entertainment.

If you want to make something empty, that's fine. But it better be well constructed on every technical level or I won't be bothered to care.

The smart blockbuster died with Jurassic Park and was replaced with these big cacophonous bundles of nothing like Transformers and independence day. These filmmakers have no idea how to construct, block, and edit together a sequence. They have no feel for the rhythm of a scene let alone a script, and the amount of absolute bullshit that you have to "turn your brain off" just to get to these poorly constructed masturbatory sequences is staggering if you have even a basic understanding of film history or science.

Why is the poster say KINO?

Because I fucked your mom last night.

Savage

>I loved John C. Reilly, but mainly because I like him and not due to any great performance in this film.
I will agree with you here, he's the only character I even care about and you could tell he didn't give a fuck about this movie.

I definitely disliked it more than you though. I don't give movies a rating on the 10 scale but if I had to give it one with Persona being a 10 and Grown Ups 2 being a 1, I'd say it's like a 3 or 4 a little higher than Jurassic World maybe.

>trips
my condolences user

I haven't seen Kong and am not going even though i know a guy who gets us free tickets, looks like a fucking waste of time.

I sympathize with your feelings on Logan though, it didn't do a single thing that hasn't been done before really. My favorite thing was seeing the make up they had on Jackman making him look old and disheveled and then increasingly fucked up as the movie went on. He killed it in the role too

ty for your blog post

kong is wondering why is the helicopter crashing into his island's twin coconut trees

I think the performances in Logan were very good. I don't think it's a bad movie but people saying this is "oscar worthy" are heaping way too much praise on it.

>It was fun
>Disgusting
>I'm literally shaking

np senpai

>capeshit movie that's being overpraised
hmm when did that happen before? It's like a cycle that repeats itself

It deserves some praise. It's a competent movie with a simple theme that is well constructed.

Some things don't work for me. I don't believe that professor x would ever get so foul mouthed as a point of character and the villain/motivation is generic and boring.

I thought the memes about politics and cubs World Series were funny

Breh I literally just got back from seeing Logan 20 minutes ago. I would say if you go into it expecting another X-men movie you WILL be disappointed. Logan is NOT a superhero movie but a Drama with superhero elements in it.
With that said, would I go see Logan in the movies? No because I think only movies with lots of flashy fights and big special effects are worth seeing on the big screen. With a drama I would rather just wait for torrent.