The great debate

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that number 2 is right?

Also: Ur cunt.

Number 2 is indeed the correct answer, if you are mentally handicapped that is.

>Number 1 is right

ITT brainlets

Number one in my picture is correct and i'ts the only correct answer

That's the same as option 2

There are 5 steps

>amerisharts

But the last "step" isn't part of the stair. It's the next floor that begins after the stair.

What about an arrangement such as this?

That doesn't matter, it's still a step upwards

how many steps do you need to take to get from ground to top?

>Number 2 is indeed the correct answer, if you are mentally handicapped that is.

I agree with this one, minus the part where its the first floor, its the second floor you Dutcheroo.

These are both stupid.

you need to apply the analytic continuation concept.

Right way.

no, it is #1

it is the first floor
the floor which is level with the house is the "begane grond" it is the ground floor

It's exactly the same as 2 except he labelled the top of the steps instead of the front of the steps

yours is no different than #1 since you just shifter ever step by one, but you still take 5 steps to get atop. so your pic is about numbering the floors . but the OP is fixated on what is part of the stairs and what is not which is irrelevant. pure autism.

This guy gets it, although the whole first floor discussion always confuses me

First floor and ground floor are synonymous. When you walk into a house, what is the FIRST FLOOR you see? The ground floor. EZ PZ don't confuse yourself.

i am not even sure what is labeled on #2, the floor under the number, or the "wall" (step) to right of the number. i would guess the latter since "not part of stairs" wouldn't make sense if it was referring to the "floor level" under it.

>steps are too shallow for one step
>steps are too high for two steps

Labelling the top of the step instead of the "front of the step" makes a huge difference imho. Who the hell looks at the front of a step and thinks "wow what a step". No you look at top of the steps.

What if you're going down?

Literally nobody says that the floor before the stairs is a step you cum-drunk mongoloid

Then you go into B/B1, if there are multiple basements then it just increments to B2, B3, etc.

There are 5 of these in the drawing, so 5 steps.

You still look at the top of the steps. Nobody ever looks at the side of the step unless maybe they are a squirrel.

If the stairs in OP were going down too then he should start with 1 at the top instead of at the bottom.

Apparently he wants the 1 to be the side of the first step which is retarded on a different level.

Number one
As long as I have to lift my legs to pull my body it count as a stair, so it ends when I am on the flat ground

What are we numbering? Look at the pic. The left is wrong the right is correct.

Idk, this is how I see it.

So according to your """logic""" there is no stop in pic related?

>yours is no different than #1
Can't you read?
Pic 1 says the ground floor would be the first step wich is total bullshit.

it's just two different floors without a stair, obviously

Pic 1 says the ground floor would be the first step
No, he just labelled the front of the step instead of the top of the step

yes you see it same as the op's pic #2.

but it is not what the op is arguing about. it is not about which number you start counting from. it is about whether the labels refer to the level under the number or to the right of the number. so he is kind counting in between the floors 0.5 instead of 1. see this:

>yes you see it same as the op's pic #2.
Yeah, because it is. No idea how you could think otherwise.

>First floor and ground floor are synonymous. When you walk into a house, what is the FIRST FLOOR you see? The ground floor. EZ PZ don't confuse yourself.

exactly, that's what i am trying to explain to the german who thinks it is about which number (0 or 1) you start counting from. the OP pics are autism shifted by 0.5

No, the original debate was about how many steps it has and wich step is the last step.

because the "floor" is the horizontal level you are standing ON. not the vertical extension of it which we call a "step". of course you can think of them as one by convention. then problem solved

A step would be nothing without the vertical aspect, and thus the step consists of both the front of the step and the top of the step. So labelling the front of the step and and the top of the step mean the same thing, the only difference being that some people will be too autistic to realise the point you're trying to get across if you label the front.

what ? is there even a debate about this ?
the step is the vertical part, so 5

why?

Clearly steps of a stair are the amount of surfaces attached to the stair. Assuming this is a solid object it has 4 platforms to assist the user going up a floor.

>it has 4 platforms to assist the user going up a floor.
If you only use four platforms you can't make it to the next floor.

How many steps do you need to take to get from the first floor to the second floor? 5 steps.

This, always trust German autism

No because the fifth platform is the floor, so a user needs 4 extra to make it. Unless the stair extends, which is what does happen in some cases.

Here's the right one. No need to thank me.

FUCKING THIS
NUMBER 2 IS THE RIGHT ANSWER

1. is left and 2. is right

welcome to Autism the thread

There are four treads and five risers in that staircase.

fix'd

this is the most stupidly pedantic bullshit ever discussed in a thread, don't you virgin faggots have better shit to do on a saturday?

nice array

>calling out others for replying
>replies himself
Are Norwegians' brains permanently Frozen or just you

we have yet to see someone make a coherent case for number 1.

All flagwaving aside, the first floor being the ground floor makes sense. It's not the fucking zeroth floor, whatever the fuck that may mean. That makes just as much sense as counting from zero rather than 1.

What is it, really?

so what are you counting itt, steps or floors?

this.
>muh first floor is ground floor
fuk offfffffffffffff

I had a similar thought

If we're still arguing about something, the dust hasn't settled.

I vote 1.

You fucking mongoloid, both are wrong.
Look up what a 'step' is, Christ.
There are five steps in the picture and they're not the five you labeled.

Ja, heil, Kamerad \o

the first step is to admit you're all wrong

First and anyone who says otherwise is retarded.

You multiply number of risers by stair height to get elevation of second floor. It is intuitive.

Worst version.

Above the ground floor is the first floor
Above the first floor is the second floor

make a better version then, Hans

Here

See