He did nothing wrong

He did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UV_vWtAJIow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

after they find out they would have all died if he hadn't let her out sure

he should just wake everyone up. they are not even the last remaining humans from earth

Why didn't they make babies?

>waking up the competition
Top cuck.

>you will never live with your waifu on a space ship and watch kino and play vidya with her for the rest of your lives

and of course fuck all the time

who cares

At least wake up someone with some kind of mechanical skills to fix the ship and stuff, maybe figure out how to get back into stasis.

did you fucking watch the movie? the crew were in their special area and he didn't know what was happening with the ship until years later

It's good conversation because it's a flawed movie with an intriguing premise also because of fucking insanely hot chicks on a spaceship

... and then larry fishburn wakes up, gives them the magic access band, and they fix the ship, then forget the magic access band exists

Yeah well he could wake up someone who might be able to figure out how to open that door

if by that you mean its a desperate attempt to keep a shit movie relevant/discussed/trending for more than a second, sure

Haven't seen it

Why did this film get poor reviews

Feminism.

she looks gorgeous here

>Why did this film get poor reviews

Absolutely no idea. Myself and pretty much everyone I know who has seen it all went in with low expectations due to the reviews, and then were surprised that it was actually a really good film.

Very underated in my opinion.

Should've fuck her for a year or two, than lose her in tether accident and sleep the rest of the way.

because its absolutely moronic, start to finish, and exists only to force a really stupid moral dilemma.

If her plan was to go to the planet and then return to Earth, there was obviously a way to put someone back in to the pod. It's not like there would have been stuff waiting that could have put her back into stasis.

Surely she would have known how the fuck they were going to do it if she decided to go on the trip in the first place. They would have at least explained how her round trip would work.

I liked the movie, but the story of her returning to Earth added nothing to the story and just added a giant plot hole.

DUDE HE COULDN'T ACTIVATE THE MACHINE HIMSELF LMAO

>Why did this film get poor reviews

At the risk of going slightly Sup Forums I honestly believe it's due to some wierd view that it is anti-feminist or mysogonist something.

Go on IMDB and compare the professional critics reviews against those of normal peoples. It's quite a stark contrast.

Interesting

I may see it yet

Didn't watch the movie and don't plan on it

anyone give me a quick rundown?

I'm really liking the modern marketing tactic of labeling all negative criticism as politically motivated and thus to be dismissed.

guy wakes up and he feels lonely so he wakes Jennifer Lawrence up and she hates him but he saves them then she loves him so they don't return to sleep

It felt a lot like a bad copy of the Groundhog day with worse ending. The ending was too forced and convenient.

It's not good, but it's not bad.
Just a flick.

Ship malfunctions, dude wakes up 90 years too early and decides to wake up hoy chick because he's lonely.

She finds out, drama, fix the ship, roll credits.

*hot

No, it's because it's bad. That action bullshit at the end, eyeroll inducing.

Definitely felt like they filmed 4 endings and test screened them and that one got 35% of the votes

Well Sup Forums hates every single film ever made so this doesn't surprise me.

real question, how is Jennifer's body in this film and is there any unnecessary nudity?

I'll agree with you on the ending. There were like three or four conclusions.

Otherwise I thought it was pretty excellent.

>5000 people
>one medical bay

She's hot; no nudity. And she gets all pissy and stompy at the end which is annoying.

It's weird, but from the trailers I just assumed it was Love Story in Space. I can't speak for anyone else but nothing about any of the preview media made me think it was worth watching. I like Pratt and I don't hate JLaw but it just looked super boring.

everyone knows her nudes are online

it kills the mystery and takes away from the hotness

still obviously would bang

I know its hard to discern the contrarianism (bvs is good) from legit criticism (passengers is bad) but that doesn't mean you can just dismiss it all equally.

>crew has to be put back to sleep for the return trip
>no way to do that

hold up

people have actually watched this movie?

well, downloaded.

>assuming that there's not a facility on the planet

parts of it

the crew has to pilot the ship for a period before they'll be put back to sleep, just like they're woken up a short period before the passengers

incest

The real question is why even have a crew when it's asleep for 99% of the voyage.

why so the magical black man can wake up and tell the main characters whats wrong before dying of course!

>ending shot of the huge garden the characters made during their lives together on the ship before dying of old age

>realize there wasn't any dirt on the ship

>everything was planted in their shit

okay?

so what good do re-freeze facilities on the colony do when the crew needs to be put to sleep millions of miles away?

If you ever get the urge to see this movie just watch Pandorum, it's basically the same premise only a lot better

>only to force a really stupid moral dilemma.
That's pretty much the point of fiction you fucking idiot.

So wait, if the crew pilots the ship for a while before they get put to sleep, how can they be unable to put people to sleep on the ship without magic medpod?

why are you asking me the question i originally posed

she always looks gorgeous

>she

>all fiction awkwardly forces hamfisted moral dilemmas

... is that really your argument?

I liked this movie. It wasn't great but I still liked it.

can we go back to liking jlaw/not constantly talking shit about her again? it was fucked up how Sup Forums turned on her after the fappening.

wasn't it more to do with how she kinda ruined the first class movies by being unwilling to do absolutely anything remotely difficult and still demanding highest billing and the most screen time?

Couldn't even get through the first 2 paragraphs of the plot before realizing how retarded this sounds. Throw 2 meme actors into the mix and this is just one big superficial shit show that was obviously designed to look flashy with a strong plot secondary to that

>He did nothing wrong.

>be mechanic
>be traveling to another planet because tired of earth because there's nothing to fix
>sleep pod breaks and wakes up too early
>try fix it
>fails
>elevator starts acting funny
>ignore it
>robots start acting funny and breaking
>just ignore it
>reroute ship's water system to a tree that you planted as an apolagy to the girl you just sentenced to death and technically raped
>girl he's been obsessing over the past year gets locked in her room for 2 days straight
>didn't even notice
>flight crew wakes up and straight up tells them to look for what is wrong
>he dies
>immediately forget what you were supposed to be doing even though gravity failed and almost killed gf
i really hate this movie, even if jlaw or that guy from parks n rec (can't be bothered looking up his name) weren't in it i would still have hated it

Pratt and JLaw done really good performances in this. Better than most of their movies.

He literally gave her a death sentence on a ship alone with him

Sure if I was in that situation I would probably do the same thing, that doesn't mean its fucking evil condeming someone to that fate because you think their pretty

Their kids would likely die from old age before anyone else woke up, maybe stopping at one, then freezing it in medical stasis to at least pass on their dna

Not necessarily. The ship looks like it's space only. Assuming the space station it's going to dock with at the end has a facility that does it, they only have to cart the pods back inside the ship, lock the crew compartment, exit and remote activate the ship. The crew likely don't need to do shit other than take care of the passengers.

I wasn't following the conversation, just saw your post and hovered to see what it was responding to.

>technically raped
Come again?

sounds like the crew doesn't really need to do anything at all. which begs the question, why have crew at all?

This trail of questions is what happens with legitimate plot holes. As it doesn't matter how you fill the plot hole, more questions are generated.

if anything it feels like they put in all these plot holes on purpose in order to keep the movie trending for longer than five seconds.

Modern planes don't need pilots either, yet they still exist. It's not a plot hole you just have autism.

If you don't know JLaw and will never meet her, is it bad or wrong to download her pics and view them? This is some kind of ethical/philosophical puzzle, along the lines of if a tree falls in the forest when no one is there does it make a sound.

i live half way around the world in one of the most populated cities on the continent, chances of me meeting her is next to none

>hasn't seen the nudes

>Modern planes don't need pilots
between that and , this thread has the two dumbest things I've seen posted in a week.

good job man

wow, he couldn't live one (1) single year without needing a real human to talk to, poor guy

>modern planes don't need pilots
>commercial pilot literally one of the highest paying jobs
top kek

Yes. Almost all fiction (in particular science-fiction) exists to build in some way extreme situations, including moral dilemmas. You can of course go ahead and criticize the execution here and you might have a point, but criticizing a movie because it puts the protagonist into the situation of a moral dilemma is plain retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=UV_vWtAJIow

this is an airbus 320 doing a zero visibility approach below minimums and automatic roll-out completely automated all the way to taxi.

if you think modern planes *need* pilots you're fucking clueless.

in this instance I was, in fact, criticizing the movie for sacrificing any and every sort of logic or consistency in favor of a really weak and silly moral dilemma.

to which you responded that all movies do this.

>65k a year
>highest paying job
Are you stupid? My highschool math teacher made double that.

All the reviewers hate the film for being creepy with the guy watching the girl sleeping for a year straight.

wew lads...say what you want about JLaw, she has godtier feet

pilots are necessary because you can't program for every situation

the entire plot of passengers is built around the idea they did program for every situation and no matter what went wrong, the crew was not going to be woken up at any point.

Except playing in this crap

>god tier
no

Yes, he did.

Telling the bartender about his plans to wake her up.

You can't train for every situation either.

>in this instance I was, in fact, criticizing the movie for sacrificing any and every sort of logic or consistency in favor of a really weak and silly moral dilemma.
No, you basically wrote

>It's stupid and it forces a moral dilemma!

>130k a year
>high school math

hahaha what shithole country do you live in and what's your fake currency called?

It always baffles me how poor the average internet user's reading comprehension is, considering all they'll do is read.

Is it ever explained why a ship designed to store all of it's passengers in cryogenic freeze has a bar and a lounge and is basically a giant floating space hotel?

you don't need to because humans are capable of intuition, another thing you can't program.

Yeah and who takes care of the passengers? And who fixes shit when it breaks (assuming the computer does a better job of waking up techs to fix shit, usually)? If there is shit needs replacing/fixing at the end of the journey, who's going to do it? And who the fuck wants to board a ship on that long a voyage with no crew?

They're programmed to wake up 4 months before landing.

nigga any decent pilot flying a jet makes well over 100k and their pay increases with experience, what are you even on about

>what is machine learning
face it, you have no idea what you're talking about.

>high school teacher
>130k
yeah right

considering the crew didn't do any of that anyway and the computer at no point made any attempt to wake up any crew to fix the cascading failures and even larry fishburn made no attempt to wake up more crew to fix the ship, implying the crew would never wake up for any reason before the scheduled time to wake up... why are you trying to argue about this? Literally every aspect of the movie is a plot hole.

you know public school salaries are public record right? just look it up and educate yourself.