Is this what killed summer blockbusters?

Is this what killed summer blockbusters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y8i8mVxt258
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>posts list of blockbusters
>killed summer blockbusters
what?

Where does the X-men fit into all of this?

Yes, we need to go back to our patrician summer blockbuster Michael bay flicks.

Marvel wish they were as good as Bay films.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8i8mVxt258

I look at the image and I feel like puking..

Why do people continue to eat this shit up?

it killed auteur blockbusters

An elaborate marketing scheme that feeds into social media and critics as to increase peer pressure to watch every movie as to "fit in".

Bay is an auteur with a vision. I don't like the Transformers movies but outside those Bay is great.

>Is this what killed summer blockbusters?

No?

I don't think it killed them

planet of the apes, edge of tomorrow, mad max, some x-men, all good recent summer blockbusters

what did we have before? harry potter, transformers, 20 different will smith movies, a bunch of shitty fantasy to cash in on lotr and gladiator, and even worse superhero movies than mcu

MCU marks the absolute low point of superhero movies. We used to have movies by auteurs like Raimi, Lee and Del Toro. Now we have superhero movies made by Disney shareholders who have directors by the ball unable to express a single thing without board consent.

Lee's Hulk was shit.

I thought legion belonged to marvel, too?

No it wasn't. Much better than MCU cartoon quips Hulk.

I've only seen maybe three of them, and they were terrible, but no worse than what came before. better even

honestly if you're gonna make a soulless sequel to every fucking movie with no artistic integrity, you may as well get it done by a boardroom and not have a hot mess like x-men origins or spiderman 3, or all of the other shit from the 2000s no one even remembers like fantastic four or daredevil

>We used to have movies by auteurs like Raimi, Lee and Del Toro
no one stopped these guys from making blockbusters. in fact pacific rim is another good one to add to the list. the mcu has made people more hungry for self-contained genuine movies

I am legitimately excited for Thor: Ragnarok. Planet Hulk meets What We Do In The Shadows.

but back then at least superhero films got the ratings and reviews they deserved.

true, but I don't see how that not being the case any more has killed summer blockbusters. if anything it's led to movies being created in opposition to disney's approach

I don't know, if you really care that much about rotten tomatoes or whatever you get what you deserve

>no one stopped these guys from making blockbusters
The studios did. They don't want to take risks hiring directors like that anymore. Better to hire some hack TV directors and then boss them around because they have zero integrity.

That's a joint effort between Marvel and Fox, but isn't apart of the MCU universe. Plus this list is old as fuck.

Summer blockbuster killed itself by being too fucking expensive of a thing. Studios don't even pay for the CGI but the budgets have tripled in just twenty years.