Entertainment

This movie is called Entertainment starring Gregg Turkington and he plays his alter ego Neil Hamburger.

Has anyone seen this? What did you think? Very slow and long drawn out scenes but I am hoping for a pay off. I would legit go to see Neil Hamburger perform and laugh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4liwo6jHvI
youtube.com/watch?v=9TZ_043l6Fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is brutal

Its amazing. One of the most realistic portrayals of chronic depression in film. For that reason its also insanely brutal and hard to sit through. The last twenty minutes or so make for a great pay off though.

The Comedy was better.

only about half way through but i am getting this impression its, ya know. true. damn

this is a horror movie

>watches a movie
>god this is so boring let me post on Sup Forums about it

Fuck off

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, byt it's probably one of the best movies from the last couple of years

Hey Guys!

horror is not running from a guy that will cut you in half with a rusty blade. this is horror.
jesus christ that was a fucked movie.

500 movies in 500 days. what are you up to now gregg?

I think I liked the comedy better.
this was just fucking dark.
he finds that woman giving birth in a restroom and then you see him just sitting there holding the dead baby.

youtube.com/watch?v=I4liwo6jHvI

I really, really ,really like this film. I wish there were more like it.

Yes, it's brilliant. Beautifully directed. Gregg's amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=9TZ_043l6Fs
best scene right ehre

Liked it a lot.

Love the way this movie is shot. It looks gorgeous.

It's a brutal movie to sit through, much like The Comedy with Tim Heidecker. That bathroom birth scene was so uncomfortable and yet they really didn't go that far with it

I thought it was pretty good.

The Comedy was such a powerfully dark movie that it caused me to experience ego death 20 minutes in

changed me forever, no lie

have you seen strokzyk by herzog? kinda similar themes

If there's a chance for, what you hope fooooor, and you dream foooor

It is great, but I admit I forgot it existed until this thread.

will do

This

I love The Comedy, Entertainment is much more weird and strange

The Comedy is to Entertainment as
Drive is to Only God Forgives

The first being more accessible and memorable, memable moments, but the second being the superior kinographïe.

my favorite scene is when he goes total ballistic on that one bitch in the bar

Lol she got so rekt

I love both Drive and Only God Forgives

I wouldn't say Entertainment is a bad movie, I just couldn't find a good perspective on what I was seeing
I actually thought The Comedy was funny at times, and found humanity and empathy on Swanson
Turkington's character is just straight up strange, just wondering from town to town without reason. The encounters he has are left without resolution. I'm not actually a fan of the Neil Hamburger character, maybe that's why

I thought his character made perfect sense and i could identify with his plight

>movie about a comedian
>call it Entertainment
>movie about a man who cannot be entertained
>call it The Comedy

Explain this.

Watched this a year ago. Still want my two hours back. If I wanted to watch aging hipsters jerk themselves off for two hours I'd hang out in a Starbucks bathroom.

>Turkington's character is just straight up strange, just wondering from town to town without reason

He was touring. You got that right?

Me too. Love the Comedy as well, but i related more to Gregg in this.

oh yeah, right
that's why