Sunday Edition

Sunday Edition
Previous

Azor Jon

fucking cuck

>author kills a popular character because everybody expect him to be the main character
>big into subversion of fantasy tropes and imitation of grey historic events
>there are still readers who think it will ends with "big goodie lead by chosen one vs the big badie army of monster from closet" battle

if you think grrm is actually subverting any tropes you fell for the meme

Why does everybody in the books except Robert fanboy Rhaegar???

yes yes, Rhaegar had silver hair and played a harp, so what? He still kidnapped a teenage girl and hid in a tower, and got btfo in his first battle

Azor Jaqen

yeah i never got this bullshit either. His actions lead to the war of all seven kingdoms and he sat out the war like a coward for a whole year whilst men died fighting because his batshit father who he was supposedly aware of let loose.

Just finished my first watch. Watched every episode in a week.
S5 and 6 were pretty fucking ass why is it every male character is either maimed/deformed/crippled/retarded or the villain

>S5 and 6 were pretty fucking ass why is it every male character is either maimed/deformed/crippled/retarded or the villain
what did you think of the Greyjoys?

Samwell Tarly nigga

technically they were in the crypts

1 character out of how many? Lol even then his "arc" is that he can't fight
They are hardly in the show. Are the books good or memes

Season 5 Jaqen the Monk

ITT: we rate each character’s POV chapters

>/our girl/ tier
Cersei

>God tier
Sansa, Jaime, Theon, Barristan

>good tier
Tyrion, Victarion, Griff

>average tier
Jon, Davos, Arya, Bran, Eddard, Samwell

>shit tier
Brienne, Arianne, Areo, Catelyn, Quentyn, Asha

>skip tier
Daenerys

Season 6 Jaqen returns from the Dead

So season 8 will be the last season of Game of Thrones on HBO?

Should I start with Westworld or something?

>sansa in god tier
>Cersei /ourgirl/
>Cat shit tier and Davos average
Get the fuck out of here tumblr whale

Sansa chapters are fucking great, they have Joffrey, Tyrion, The Hound, Littlefinger, Sweetrobin etc

How does one joins the Faceless Men based in Braavos?

And why did they joined the Faceless Men in the first place?

every male character with the exception of the one the show is obsessed with the most?

>Should I start with Westworld or something?
westworld is worse than got by miles

Tbh i dropped westworld 20 mins into the first episode

no

explain how jew jew abrams mystery box bullshit combined with a Nolan writing sci fi isn't worse

Hello Salty Cunt

Can you make a Jaqen H'ghar/Faceless Men /got/ thread the next time? Just for once, please?

If you do, use this pic.

Who snow? True but who cares about him besides grrm

Westworld has the advantage of being only 10 episodes to GoT's 60. So if you want something that pretends to be deep and invigorating but is actually spoonfeeding you nonsense, high school grade philosophy with violence and sex strategically placed to keep you awake, then Westworld is a good place to be.

you're uhh.... not implying GOT is deep are you?

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

S7 leaks? Anyone care to spoonfeed me them?

Is Asshai a dangerous place?
I always imaging it as a dark shadow almost underworld kind of place.

It Isn't but it doesn't pretend like westworld either

No. GoT is the exact same thing, just 50 hours longer. And it also forgets the whole 'nobody is safe' motto around season 4. Characters are starting to comically survive things that were lethal to everyone else, people are being brought back to life, anyone interesting is dead, and I guess there's dragons and zombies.

Wasn't it his general attitude on top of his attractiveness? Even when he kidnapped Ned's beloved sister Ned wouldn't believe there was any rape involved.

I never understood the spoon rattling meme

Enjoy your ban you stupid nigger. You forgot your subject so you're not filtered

The rest of you niggers didn't even notice

forbidden boatsex

his only trope subversion is that he subverted your trope expectations by actually ending up being all tropes, subverting you

>Why does everybody in the books except Robert fanboy Rhaegar?
>except Robert
>He still kidnapped a teenage girl and hid in a tower
>kidnapped
Yea...about that.

Well done user, well done user!
>HOWEVER
A circle cannot be called a subversion

Ned never says anything but it doesn't matter

A married man taking a 15 year old girl away from her family when she was promised to another man is kidnapping and rape by Westeros customs (and ours)

The Starks and Baratheons thought it was a kidnapping

But she went with him willingly

The Baratheons did. I don't think Ned had any doubt in his mind what actually happened but he was an honorable man all the same and had to go get his whore of a sister back to sleep with his drunk of a best friend.

pretty interesting how out of four (FOUR) sexually inept men on this show the only one to get retconned into having his sexuality back is, guess who

Jamie.

how fucking dumb are you

Brandon and several northmen and rivermen went to go kill Rhaegar, I think it's clear what the Stark opinion was

Even if she did. it would be considered kidnapping

the nigger?

first off congrats on your trips, you must be proud

i'm mostly just confused with lyanna's (lack of a reaction). she's always been said to have steel coursing through her veins but didn't seem to lash out at rhaegar's fuckery. was it a love at first sight type of thing?

>/got/ generals for 2+ years
>faggots still typing "azor jon" in every thread

You people need help

I think it was more a "I don't want to marry the harry drunk man."

>nothing is deep no television is sublime and I'm a philosophy major who strokes his own micropenis on a contrarian television image board

t. you

you probably hate fight club too don't you faggot

>she's always been said to have steel coursing through her veins but didn't seem to lash out at rhaegar's fuckery. was it a love at first sight type of thing?
we don't know, maybe she did, the only witnesses to her being taken were Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent, and they're both dead

but it kind of says a lot that Rhaegar had his bodyguards with him when they "eloped"

kek
>wont marry rowdy drunk guy cause he'll cheat on her
>Runs off with married man who has two kids
what did she mean by this

how bullshit is it that they randomly decided he never actually got his dick cut off just so they can waste time with that sjw pandering relationship

>rowdy drunk kills her silver prince
>dies in childbirth giving birth to a bastard
pure pottery

It's because Lyanna was smitten by him. Rhaegar was the most handsome/prettyboy in the kingdom. And he was a Targaryen. And a prince. Literally prince fucking charming but he wasn't Chad material, which set him apart from Robert.

You could argue that Rhaegar seduced Lyanna, or that she fell in love with him on her own accord. I don't believe Rhaegar had a bad bone in his body, so a seduction was not his intent and I think he (naively) wanted Lyanna and together they both fell into their love

like a daydream. or a fever

Anyone with half a brain can tell he's setting it up to where Jon and Dany will have to team up to defeat the zombies in AN EBIN FINAL BATTLE FOR THE FATE OF THE WORLD

GoT is schlock. It's entertaining schlock, but it's still schlock

No, but I know when I'm being spoonfed the same old shit. I still watch it but people act like its the second coming of Christ when its the same basic, entry level BS that new media likes where it gives you all the pieces of the puzzle to make you think you're smart, but really it's been holding your hand the entire time. It appeals to the same type of person who retweets Tyson and Bill Nye or thinks nihilism didn't exist before Rick and Morty.

And for the record I liked Fight Club.

What?

Grey Worm has a dick?

this it's supposed to be some sort of feminist thing (GRRM is a feminist) about Lyanna being independent and not marrying a drunken womaniser alpha male

but then it leads to a war and Lyanna's father and brother being killed, but that doesn't matter, gotta have muh feminism romance

luckily the alpha male genes won out and Robert killed the harp playing faggot

>Sansa chapters are fucking great
KEK! I don't think there's a worse, long-standing character in the books except Dany, Bran and Brienne

yes and he's going to fuck memesandy next season

Gendrick

bran chapters are goat its time to stop memeing and get some taste

Too bad feminism killed Robert's only son and all his bastards (ABORTION METAPHOR HOLY CRAP!) and incest is somehow the better choice.

Surely he realised the consequences of taking such a highborn girl as his whore though?

that single action pissed off the Starks, Baratheons and Martells in one swoop, and the Targaryens were already on shaky terms with the Lannisters

Gendry, Edric and Mia Stone are still alive

>Bran chapters are goat
Fucking kek if you actually believe this. Confirmed for liking bad writing that totally deviates from what makes the rest of the book any good

Sansa is lovely, you're probably just a butthurt virgin

confirmed for being a memeing faggot that needs constant explosions sex and murder to keep your autistic adhd self entertained

female tumblrina please go youre never going to fool anyone

Isn't Sansa literally a butthurt virgin too?

ill give bran his sexuality back desu

Westworld wasn't "deep" in as much as it was more of a thriller. I mean sure if you figured out who the man in black was before the reveal, and what Ford was up to, you've "put the puzzle together" in a sense. I don't think there's much in Westworld that pretends to be what it isn't. I don't think that there is that element in ASOIAF/GoT either because it's just a plot-driven fantasy setting that delved into political intrigue and realistic characterization as opposed to fantasy like LotR. It's different. The show has been around now for a few years, and the books even longer, so more and more people have become exposed to it. It's just "old" to you and somehow trite because we've been used to it for years and already had our own non-normie discussions about it.

not for much longer, she loses her virginity to Harry the heir in TWOW

He also thought he was fulfilling a prophecy in his actions. Arguable that he did in one way, if you buy into Jon being the savior of Westeros and shit. His is the song of ice and fire after all.

>It's just "old" to you and somehow trite because we've been used to it for years and already had our own non-normie discussions about it.
I'll give you this one. I read the books long before the show existed and having to sit there and listen to normies discuss how Ned was going to do anything but not get his head cut off was tiring.

which is your favourite great house

me? I'm a Tully fan

Who has the most legitimate claim to the throne at this point in time?

It can't be anyone from the Lannisters because they never had a legitimate claim to the throne in the first place. Joffrey, Tommen and Cersei are all usurpers who have only been on the throne because the populace is willing to turn a blind eye to the glaring reality of the situation.

So, is it Jon Snow (the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark), Aegon Targaryen (son of Rhaegar and Elia Martell), Daenerys Targaryen (daughter of Aegon II Targaryen and Rhaella Targaryen) or Gendry (the son of Robert Baratheon (who seized the crown in a successful uprising) and whichever woman was lucky enough to occupy his bed for one night)?

Is there anyone else? Feels like I'm forgetting people. Just to be clear, I'm not asking who you WANT to occupy the Iron Throne, I'm asking who has the most legitimate claim to the monarchy at this current point in time.

>series establishes dumb fantasy shit at the beginning, but GRRM does nothing with it for 3 books
>best part about the series is the feudal intrigue and personal triumphs and failures of characters that actually seem Human
>mouthbreathing autists don't understand that this is what people like about the series, and sees nothing wrong with GRRM going full high-fantasy (and bad high-fantasy, at that) when it doesn't bring anything to the story at all

>muh prophecy
so he was insane like his father, good riddance

Baratheon

im surprised you had the attention span to write this whole comment

>a cuck
>a faggot
>a bald guy who grinds his teeth all day
really """"great"""" house you have there

Stannis, faggot

I'm not surprised you don't have a proper rebuttal. I'm also willing to bet you love the Dany chapters, don't you, you little pleb.

Dead in the show and soon to die in the books.

Stannis will outlive Aegon in the books

screencap this

Stannis will still be king

His insanity begat Jon, who is being built up as the savior and shit.

Jon just got stabbed to death

his fate is not so set in stone in the books, doofus

we know the boltons have traitors among them, and that stannis plans to use the environment to his favor against the northmen

When we last left off with Stannis in the book, his forces were moored in a massive blizzard that was killing his forces faster than the Boltons that are sniping at his encampment like hungry wolves. They're starving, their morale is basically zero and the enemy is in a well fortified castle, warm and well fed.

Stannis Baratheon and his forces are going to be decimated in the first two or three chapters of the Winds of Winter.

Winterfell literally has a serial killer inside driving the populace insane with paranoia

not to mention the Manderlys and Umbers are with Stannis

Lannisters have a claim through a Baratheon ancestor or something. Some loser did the math, it means Jaime is the one true king.

Targs need to reconquer to get it back, and Cersei effectively conquered at least the general vicinity of the throne room so until somebody barges in and kicks her off the question is moot anyway.

I'm not saying it will be as cut and dry as it was in the show, but it's pretty clear that the attack on Winterfell will not end well for the people that are camped in the middle of a blizzard that shows no signs of abating.

He's very likely either not dead or going to come back to life. Melisandre is at the wall and will probably blood sacrifice Shireen or some shit to revive him.