Professor X dies a meaningless death by a fucking Wolverine clone, so does Logan. Absolute dogshit flick

Professor X dies a meaningless death by a fucking Wolverine clone, so does Logan. Absolute dogshit flick.

sik bait

It was pretty well written moment. I was surprised.

Life sucks and then you're die, that's real live user.

I was thinking that too. I feel like they did not use Professor X enough.

thats the point of the movie dumbass, we all die meaningless

It's to show Logan this is how real life is. No grand death carrying a nuke into space to stop an alien invasion you just get jigged and die. The end.

that was the point. Logan gave Prof one last perfect day and right as Logan was about to learn the power of family everything came crashing back to reality

Wtf there weren't enough quips and bright colors used!

>Xavier brain blasts the other X-Men to death just so we don't have to ask any questions about where the fuck everyone else is
>Nosferatuman could have resolved the plot by not being a retard who leaves his gun in the front seat when he's trying to execute an unconscious guy
>Mexican Nurse woman needed Wolverine's help to move a child to North Dakota when at least a dozen other children made it there without any trouble
>She also writes coordinates to the exact location of their hideaway on random photographs and shit
>Shithead doctor in charge of engineering mutants routinely visits probable warzones because he's batshit crazy
>Logan's healing factor is failing because... age?
>The entire first 30 minutes dedicated to elevating the film to an R rating

There was a lot more dumb shit in this film, Sup Forums just eats it up because it's grimdark "kino" where everyone dies.

ebin
+1 upvotes!

This movie gets graded on a capeshit curve and as capeshit it's top tier as a movie on its own it's average.

What was X-24's problem?
>Stands around and let's Charles give a speech before killing him
>Walks past Logan without attacking him at first
>Throws a fit when he sees his creator get killed

>What was X-24's problem?
rage, I think they said it explicitly on multiple occasions

oh, thank you for reminding me

>Dr. Dickhead says you can't foster rage or whatever
>Periodic cuts to Laura screaming like a banshee in sadness/anger

Id be surprised if prof x suddenly had a piano fall on his head too, doesn't make it a well written death.

His healing factor is failing because the adamantium in on his bones has been slowly poisoning his body.

>tfw only cam footy

But her rage was uncontrollable and worse for them, directed towards the people who created her. X-24 could be controlled and his rage channelled by the scientist guy.

Get a job

>just watched the movie
I-im not crying

you should kys

They used him plenty. They just didn't use him well.

>flick
Uhhh, it's actually kino

wolverine clone was stupid otherwise good

>it wasnt me it wasnt me

Why did they give x24 a haircut that makes him look like Sabretooth?

>our boat...sunseeker

>it aint me starts playing

DROPPED

>There's water

>Daddy

call me a faggot or a retard but it caught me off guard. I teared up.

I held it up fine

the X killed me

Beware the light

:(

>This film may have been well acted, thoughtful and emotionally heartfelt, but the tired, neckbeard, cape bullshit side of it had PLOT HOLES, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah that did it for me.

>enemies off guard, I can suicide bomb the bad guys, huh? Dude lemme throw out a quip real quick lmao

Cool quote but dumb scene

Xavier's scene was sadder than Logan's j thought.
I really liked it.
Can't wait to get it in 4K.

This so much. Sup Forums is so easily impressed with Sup Forums-tier pseudo dark plot it's kind of cute, makes me think that the number of edgy teenagers posting here is more than what it seems.

So if Wolverine was being slowly poisoned by the Adamantium, does it mean that Sabretooth is just fine and dandy? His healing factor might be a little slower, but he should be fine right?

Agreed
>not dropping the grenades and then saying it

>Xavier brain blasts the other X-Men to death just so we don't have to ask any questions about where the fuck everyone else is

maybe he did, but it's not important because the question of what exactly happened to all the other X-Men isn't important to the film

>Nosferatuman could have resolved the plot by not being a retard who leaves his gun in the front seat when he's trying to execute an unconscious guy

he was sort of a bumbler and played by Stephen Merchant, didn't seem out of place to me. plus the rest of the guys with guns were coming anyway, pretty sure 90% of the same stuff would have happened

Mexican Nurse woman needed Wolverine's help to move a child to North Dakota when at least a dozen other children made it there without any trouble
>She also writes coordinates to the exact location of their hideaway on random photographs and shit

it actually struck me as strange that Transigen was so focused on recapturing Laura when there was like a dozen other escapees in ND. I would have thought that they would purposefully let her lead them to the others but no

Shithead doctor in charge of engineering mutants routinely visits probable warzones because he's batshit crazy

agreed lol. that shit was 100% 90s movie

adamantium poisoning, it's implied. but perhaps also age

my biggest objection to the plot was the fact that Wolverine somehow didn't insist upon not staying with the black family. I feel like it wasn't believable that he would just acquiesce to Xavier's desire for a pleasant night (although I agree that it was important) when there was such a clear and present danger not only to them but also to the family. feel like that part of the movie should have been written differently.

he wasnt poisoned by the adamantium dummy did you even watch the movie

GMO food supressed his mutant healing gene so he couldnt heal off his bad lifestyle

t. 20 years old and officially not a teenager

T_T

>my biggest objection to the plot was the fact that Wolverine somehow didn't insist upon not staying with the black family. I feel like it wasn't believable that he would just acquiesce to Xavier's desire for a pleasant night (although I agree that it was important) when there was such a clear and present danger not only to them but also to the family. feel like that part of the movie should have been written differently.

I agree, and this is where continuity and context comes and kicks this film directly in the fucking teeth.

Neither Xavier nor Logan are characters who are irresponsible enough to endanger an innocent family just for their own selfish desires to forget that they're wanted men for a few hours. It's utterly ridiculous to me that Xavier, even in his most senile state, would allow other people to come to harm and it seriously took me out of the experience because of how clearly I could read the writing on the wall. There simply HAD to have been a better way to write that scene because all it did in the end was make me extremely frustrated with Xavier's character

>GMO food supressed his mutant healing gene so he couldnt heal off his bad lifestyle

really? that was it? I knew there was some sort of underlying GMO and near-future automation world building going on, but when did they imply that it was affecting the mutants?

also, on the subject of world building, wtf is Hypno? it kept showing up on posters and advertisements in the film and it was the name of the drink that Laura stole from the convenience store. I could hear several people around me in the theater saying "Is that a beer can?" but no it was this shit I've never heard of called Hypno. seems very out of place in a film that had so much product placement (Pringles, Chrysler, Ford)

not only that but during the scene where Logan is helping X go to the bathroom, there's a clear shot of a sticker that says Hypno and it has a QR code on it.

deepest lore???

Hypno is probably an anti mutant drug or something

i just think it was more of X trying to teach and help logan be a normal human being since most of the dialogue between the two had to do with that. trying to make logan feel a sense of purpose and whatnot.

they just thought they wouldnt be caught up to so fast. i only would have been angry with the sense if X didnt take his meds since that could mean he could have a seizure and kill the family

>not understanding the thematic value of an old, dying Logan facing his greatest fear - his own killer feral instinct made flesh

X-24 once again proves himself as the GOAT pleb filter.

>cloverfield lane
>logan
>both are 10/10 movies until the ending

is this going to be a trend in Hollywood? tarnishing great movies just to tag on the squeal possibility scenes? cant you just do it with after credits bonus scenes? no one wanted to see stupid faggot fat fuck nigglets running around. the movie isnt about helping dumb faggot kids. its about logan. cloverfield isnt about aliens, its about goodman.

Fixed that for you.

that's why his hair is thicker than ever, oh wow just gray a bit...

this film is dogshit and plebs bought it because it had good drama
wolverine dies to a shitty clone haha
xavier dies to a shitty clone haha
where the fuck is magneto haha
im fucking killing myself no-

>Entire X-Men series features Logan's story involving his guilt and his past catching up to him
>he dies and his best friend dies because his past literally catches up and kills them
Yeah man, totally meaningless.

They were both on the verge of death at the start of the movie, X-24 merely gave them a solid conclusion.

>because the question of what exactly happened to all the other X-Men isn't important to the film
it kind of is

because it's like

"hey, absurdly powerful friends. Help"

there's little thematic value and a mouse could pick that up. You are a pleb that eats this shit up

FUCK

>No Caliban

He didn't deserve it!

Yeah that was the only time I got annoyed for an actual reason that wasn't nitpicking.
That's when the movie felt the most like Marlel Quipshit

I know it's complete nitpicking asshole memery but for the entire movie I couldn't shake thinking "why do the bad guys stick around and fight they're getting slaughtered", like fine I'll give you that the Bald Bearded Muscular Guys(tm) are highly trained with the mission as their primary goal, but why did the Fédérales and the Cholos not run after the first one of them got viscerally and brutally murdered?

I thought Prof X getting stabbed wasn't the best, only because I thought it was a dream and so so the next minute until they pulled up in the car I didn't think it was real. Then it was like "oh shit, that happened, let me just take in Prof X getting fucking stabbed now". That's probably on me though.

I think people are forgetting that Xavier was also complaining that he couldn't keep moving at the pace they were going.

Also, I'm not exactly sure WHY, but it seemed to be a running joke that Wolverine gets convinced by people who tell him they're leaving "at dawn". It happens with Xavier, and it happens with the kids at Eden.

Are you literally retarded?
The movie gave no indication of it being a dream. There were zero dream sequences or flashbacks, or anything like that.

He's inside hiding from the Sun.

>>not understanding the thematic value of an old, dying Logan facing his greatest fear - his own killer feral instinct made flesh

Rendered utterly meaningless because [spoilers]it's Charles who kills the X-Men, and not Logan.

And it's Charles who's threatening the lives of people around him with his seizures, too[/spoiler]

When a younger looking Logan appeared I figured Charles was having some mental episode, dream type thing, I was wrong.

>not seeing the impact of his death on Logan
>"It wasn't me... It wasn't me"

you got me to reply at least

>the characters deaths weren't """"MEANINGFUL"""" so the movie is shit.

kys OP

underrated

I mean did you see those rims, ese?

I think the film jerked itself off too much because of its R rating. Like they really wanted to get their mileage out of that rating so it boiled down to DUDE ULTRAVIOLENCE LMAO.

Faggot

Metal poisining, probably that modifed food that's killing mutants and yeah just old age. What's wrong with his healing factor failing because of old age? Nigga is nearly 200 years old, fought in 2 world wars and survived Nagasaki bombing at ground zero and still lived to see 200.

What was the plan with the Sunseeker?

Sail into the ocean and kill themselves?

I also started off thinking it was a dream but this might be partly because I couldn't handle Charles going out that way.

Retard

I guess so

Stop watching PG-13 movies your entire life. That movie wasn't even close to ultra-violence. Most of the scenes were disturbing more than gory. When he stabbed those dudes in the hotel there wasn't a whole lot of blood and guts, but those were some of the most brutal deaths. Hell, the most brutal death in the movie is entirely bloodless. That dude getting wombo combo'd by the little mutants at the end. There was nothing gory about that but it made me far more uncomfortable than anything Logan did.

Also
>Your only real method of attack is claws that can cut through anything
>Only way to stop people is running or killing them, when running isn't an option...

I found it more ridiculous no bloodletting was done before this point.

that's exactly what it was

Yeah, Charles motivation and backstory would make much more sense as Logan's.

Here Logan is the same bitter asshole he usually is, but cranked to 11. Learning to love is something we've seen him do already. Overcoming the shame and guilt of a lifetime of violence while embracing his new mortality is much more compelling than just having him fight till he drops dead. His death didn't seem significant to him, there needed to be a sacrifice involved, some acknowledgement that he is choosing to die to make it really stick.

>tell her everything's alright, and there aren't any more guns in the valley.
>turns the cross

This is how low standards have become.

>Not as bad as all the other terrible Xmen movies
>Must be a masterpiece

It wasn't even THAT gory. People lost limbs and whatnot, but it wasn't like they were ripping each others guts out.

The worst of it wasn't even from Wolverine or X-23. The guy who probably got it worst was the dude that got liquified by the whirlwind of treebark

Me too almost

I remember watching the animated Xmen series. Not the original but the ones in the early 2000s. I remember the episode with x23 and it was my favorite episode along with the final Apocalypse storyline.

I liked this movie.

You are desensitized to violence if you don't think this film was gory.

They've covered the girl's bones with adamantium just like her father.

Won't this prevent her bones from growing? Is she going to be stuck in that body for the next 30 years before she too dies of adamanitum poisoning?

I'm not sure if you're baiting.

The movie states that Laura's adamantium is only on her claws.

>first two acts of the film is the most downbeat blockbuster I can recall watching, a capeshit film dealing with themes of mortality, aging, regret, and shame better than it had any reasonable expectation to

>final third is every X-men ending but with more blood. Logan just drops dead after taking too many hits, all villains are killed unceremoniously. His death has more to do with basic morality trying to save children than any deeper reflection on his life and impending death, or his relationship with Laura

What went wrong?

>His death has more to do with basic morality trying to save children than any deeper reflection on his life and impending death, or his relationship with Laura

He's a broken down old husk and he know she could keel over dead any second. Saving those mutant kids and giving them a fighting chance to not end up a killer or a pawn for someone wanting to use them is all he's got left in him. If you couldn't glean that from him taking that X factor drug and going on a suicide mission then I suppose that's your own problem. The whole movie set it up fine. They didn't have to beat you over the head with it at the end

>>He's a broken down old husk and he know she could keel over dead any second. Saving those mutant kids and giving them a fighting chance to not end up a killer or a pawn for someone wanting to use them is all he's got left in him.

But he was supposed to get away. He was supposed to live out his days on the ocean with Charles and Caliban.

it's not fair.

I get all that, I just felt the movie was reaching for bigger things for a while before settling into a pretty underwhelming heroic sacrifice bit

Charles was the much more tragic character, and a much better performance too. Stewart doesn't seem to be getting enough credit for the range he puts into Xavier

haha true

>those spics getting decimated at the start

X23 tells Wolverine that in her nightmares people hurt her, Wolverine tells her that in his nightmares he hurts other people. X24 is Wolverine's living nightmare of being a mindless killing machine. It's practically spelled out in the movie but plebs still don't get it.

It should have been Sabretooth, desu. Huge missed opportunity.

I just got back from seeing it. Fuck that killed me

He's long dead.