Bridge to user, what's the status of the Star Trek thread?

Bridge to user, what's the status of the Star Trek thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnpLOfR-omM
youtu.be/dLrfdcz8Ou4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

New series premier when

ATTACK PATTERN JUST FUCK OUR SHIT UP

Recommend we go to red alert!

Was Judaism ever mentioned in star trek

>Defiant
>The fastest and, at the time of that battle, most advanced warship starfleet has ever produced.
>Wingmen are two Miranda Class from the previous century.

Are their tactics this fucking awful? That's like sending one F22 with two F4s as wingmen.

"It's dead Jim...I mean Jean-luc."

Captain, I estimate we have five minutes to a warp core breach!

Unless we get dubs soon we're going to have to eject the core!

There is no confirmed airdate. Rumor has it, december 2017.

More like an F.22 along with F-86's. That being said, I think the idea was that the Mirandas were bullet sponges.

>It's time to put an end to your trek through the stars

also to this thread

Why was she allowed to kill him? Fair enough you can expect a Starfleet officer to want to give his life to save others, but you can't force that duty on him. Janeway should have been court martialed tbհ

"Excuse me boy, where's the shitter?"

69 get, captain

Make it dubs, Wesley

It was supposed to be a real good classic kind of star trek episode about morality, life and nature of man. Instead it was written by the voyager writers and..well.

WHERE ARE YOU

Why is Data the best character?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Because Data has the unintentional confidence to do and try everything that we all wish we had. He never felt dumb or silly trying something new, and when he tried it, he embraced it completely. He wore that dumb transparent visor when he played poker, he put a tux on and told terrible jokes at a holographic comedy club, he sung, he danced, he played instruments, he painted, he sculpted, he had his cat who he pets a specific amount of times a day but managed to do all of it without coming off as a pretentious piece of shit.

He was the perfect being who's only desire was to be a flawed human like the rest of us. There's something incredibly endearing about that.

Why dont people like First Contact?
I havent seen it btw.

Do they?

Is there a spaceship sexier that the Sovereign?

>tfw it's a Lore episode and Brent Spiner gets the chance to ham it up

>That one episode where Troi is trying to rank up so she can watch the bridge and has to take that training where there's a warp core breach and the only solution is to send Geordi in to fix it, but he will die from radiation.
>Doesn't just send Data in because he's an android and won't die.

is it even worth getting into star trek at this point?

This is what I want to know. I caught a few episodes on tv when I was young but it seems too late to get into it now.

Data's positronic matrix would have been ionized by the radiation.

never too late. I just finished watching TNG aka my first Trek series ever and I loved it. Just pick either TOS, TNG or if you're a madman, ENT and take it from there.

set phasers to FUN

Data is the funniest irl

youtube.com/watch?v=QnpLOfR-omM

EYES IN THE DARK

ONE MOON CIRCLES

The people who don't like it because it isn't very Star Trek, but it's a good sci-fi action movie in a similar vein to 2-6, which also weren't similar to the show.

Wouldn't it be sounder to send a low ranking person then rather than the chief of fucking engineering? Sacrificing all that experience to turn a wrench is never a good thing.

Had to be him. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

IDEAL CREW

Captain: Sisko
First Mate: Kira
Science Officer: Spock
Dr: Pholx
Engineer: Geordie
Tactical: Worf

Captain: Kirk
First Officer: Spock
Science Officer: Data
The Doctor
Engineer: O'Brien
Tactical: Worf
ez

> picking anyone from Voyager
Negro, are you serious?

The Dominion will redouble our efforts HERE

If I was going to sub anyone for the Doctor, it'd be McCoy, not some reject from Enterprise.

Captain: Janeway
First Officer: Kira Neyrs
Science Officer: Ezri Dax
Dr: the Doctor
Engineer: Uhura
Tactical: 7 of 9
Pussy Inspector: Me

Or maybe you could pull your head out of your ass and realize these ships were upgraded and largely different on the inside.

>Engineer: Uhura

Uh wut? She was a communications officer, i don't remember her going down to engineering to fix scotty's bearings

>Engineer: Geordie
pfft

reminder that O-B is the hardest nigga in the ST universe

>war hero
>secret agent
>crack shot with a phaser (he missed like once in both DS9 and TNG)
>bested the Obsidian Order's greatest operative
>can fix literally anything including outdated Cardassian stations to prototype warships
>always johnny on the spot with that beam out (fuck off Tom, why you bringing up old shit)

honestly, this guy deserves his own spin off series.

Klingons do not have fun

>Is there a spaceship more autistic than the Soverign?
Ftfy

It'd be too depressing.

>NCO
Come on now

Name one medical practitioner more knowledgeable than The Doctor

oh look. it's an OP who's too dumb to think of a funny start to a thread

> posting the word 'thread' in your thread OP

>no T'pol

dropped

Coldn't think of any qualified female engineers in all of ST lol. I don't predict we'd need her much beyond keeping the hollodeck in good working order for all the orgies.

Captain: Riker
First Officer: T'Pol
Science Officer: Spock
Dr: Bones
Engineer: Scott
Tactical: Data

"It's very delicate work, sir."
"I can think of no one better qualified than you, Miss Uhura."

>Captain: Riker

O'Brien was an Engi Sue except he always had to be ordered to get shit done or it was just a part of his daily activities.

But you are right, O'Brien was the guy everyone took for granted even though he was like a black belt in terms of experience and skill.

Probably Bashir, honestly. I know I'd rather have him in a pinch when I inevitably come down with some exotic form of space AIDS. Hasn't he made an outrageous number of medical discoveries in canon?

The Doctor is also a snarky asshole.

You'll get it and you'll Rike it.

>t. Abe Lincoln

youtu.be/dLrfdcz8Ou4

O'Brien was a fucking loser, he was outranked by Wesley for fucks sake.

Not to mention all the "Botanical expeditions" his wife was constantly taking. The man was a literal cuck.

Shut up, Wesley. Mary-Sue ranks don't count.

I think I can make a decent argument for this being one of the big reasons why the show was so successful. All the dialogue was bedded over top of this ASMR type drone that made all the lines fit comfortably together.

They sure lasted long with those upgrades.

junior science officer and general beta cuck: Picard

O'Brian technically wasn't in any ranking system was he? He never went to Starfleet so you can't really discuss his rank in that way, hes more of just a working joe.

And he is far from a cuck. He bangs hot Cardassian engineers when his wife is away.

He's enlisted, so he's not an officer. That's about all I know.

"Who?"

lurk moar

hay guise what's going on ITT.

They lasted longer than a Jem'Hadar attack ship versus the Defiant.

pity b-cuz no Ocampan qt to mate with

Because the needs of the two outweigh the needs of the one.

>Janeway should have been court martialed tbհ
Yeah, because she didn't break the prime directive like every other week.

Picard practically punched someone for not breaking it. I never understood the point of the fucking thing. Like when Starfleet watches a civilization die due to no fault of their own (from astrological phenomena or something like that) and gleefully jerks off on a copy of the prime directive.

>3 million refugees come through wormhole
>use DS9 food and clothing without paying
>get offered a pristine planet nearby with good soil and mild winters
>"no we want bajor"
>bajor is recovering from enslavement, a total mess that can barely survive by itself
>"bajor or nothing, our religion says so"

fuck these freeloaders

>It's a Kirk meets a strange alien society or foe that turns out to be secretly controlled by a computer, so Kirk talks the computer to death.

>So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka and he shoots it at a team of stuntmen.

>It's a Bones reminds everyone he's a doctor episode.

>It's a Kirk Bones and Spock stand around bantering on the bridge, then Bones ribs Spock over something and he responds with something coldly logical, then everyone fake laughs really badly to cheesy music while the credits roll, episode.

it took me a decade to realise that O'Brien was not played by John C. Reilly

>it's a klingon gets hurt in battle episode

the oatmeal people were painted as the syrian refugees too, and were a full on matriarchy

that episode pissed me off because it was basically saying if these regressives believe a continent on your planet is their holy land then you should acquiesce to them. if you don't, you must be speciest

one of best shows ever, made me into idealist I am today.

Love it. There is nothing like it since its philosophical and the questions it wrestles with are always interesting. You can watch it over and over again.

Love my star trek bros, feel like I grew up with the crews.

>tfw have it all on external HD

That's not an episode that's an entire series.

That's not unique to Janeway though, and bending the rules a bit is different to summarily executing a crew member

>It's a Troi gets mentally emotionally or literally raped and violated episode.

all dat woodoo hide and plasti-steel
goddamn

Ohjhhhhh right in the feels

>Why is Data the best character?

Because he's the autistic viewer's stand-in character.

Like the Doctor / Seven from VOY, T'Pol from ENT, Spock from TOS, fuck knows from DS9, probably Odo, he seemed awkward.

Funny how the people in the 90s knew how fucked the future was going to be.

Only like 100 million times

Did the other captains also get a special day where everybody idolized them?

tfw kids will never make hundreds of ugly pictures and puppets of you.

it was just the version of star trek that uses a blunt hammer and whacks you over the head repeatedly, pre-cursor to modern liberal viewing