Okay, first up, let’s address the long held rumour that has circled the project for some time...

Okay, first up, let’s address the long held rumour that has circled the project for some time. We hear the film does indeed start with a flashback thousands of years earlier.

And we see that, yes, Rita Repulsa is indeed a Green Power Ranger, with full armour, helmet and the works.

We see her betraying her team and fighting against the Red Ranger as he buries the power coins, until his armour comes off revealing him to be… Zordon.

So, yes Bryan Cranston is indeed playing a Power Ranger as well as Zordon. Say his name.

There is, however, no mention or appearance of Lord Zedd, another long running rumour that has followed this project. Sorry.

For those wondering if this project may do a Star Trek and reveal this movies’ Billy (RJ Cyler) to be gay in honour of the original Blue Power Ranger/Billy played by David Yost, they do not. Billy’s sexuality may not be mentioned or covered, but Trini (Becky G.), the Yellow Ranger, is queer in this new continuity.

For those who like Easter Eggs and classic callbacks, Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank, original Power Rangers, make a brief cameo.

Rita Replusa does utter the phrase “Make my monster grow!”, Alpha 5 says “Ai ai ai”, and Jason declares “It’s Morphin’ Time!”

We also have a brief reprise of the original theme music, updated, as the Zords run into battle.

There is also a mid-credit scene in this film, which sets up both a sequel and a new character who doesn’t appear in the film: Tommy Oliver.

Finally, there are two big shockers in this film. First, Zordon has an ulterior motive. We are not spoiling it here, but he is not as entirely the benevolent sage that he was in the original show. And secondly…a Power Ranger dies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AKVa1eQF3PI?t=13m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwO8QZI7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KelRKIMRDzA
themarysue.com/blue-power-david-yost-gay-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=TmlcuY8bOUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its the Asian ranger right?

>spoilering every line individually
fuck you

The things that bothers me about this movie is that the suita appear to give them superpowers. Fucking why? The series of Power Rangers I watched never did this.

Yea that's how the site had it. Alternate version:

Okay, first up, let’s address the long held rumour that has circled the project for some time. We hear the film does indeed start with a flashback thousands of years earlier. And we see that, yes, Rita Repulsa is indeed a Green Power Ranger, with full armour, helmet and the works. We see her betraying her team and fighting against the Red Ranger as he buries the power coins, until his armour comes off revealing him to be… Zordon. So, yes Bryan Cranston is indeed playing a Power Ranger as well as Zordon. Say his name. There is, however, no mention or appearance of Lord Zedd, another long running rumour that has followed this project. Sorry.

For those wondering if this project may do a Star Trek and reveal this movies’ Billy (RJ Cyler) to be gay in honour of the original Blue Power Ranger/Billy played by David Yost, they do not. Billy’s sexuality may not be mentioned or covered, but Trini (Becky G.), the Yellow Ranger, is queer in this new continuity.

For those who like Easter Eggs and classic callbacks, Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank, original Power Rangers, make a brief cameo. Rita Replusa does utter the phrase “Make my monster grow!”, Alpha 5 says “Ai ai ai”, and Jason declares “It’s Morphin’ Time!” We also have a brief reprise of the original theme music, updated, as the Zords run into battle. There is also a mid-credit scene in this film, which sets up both a sequel and a new character who doesn’t appear in the film: Tommy Oliver.

Finally, there are two big shockers in this film. First, Zordon has an ulterior motive. We are not spoiling it here, but he is not as entirely the benevolent sage that he was in the original show. And secondly…a Power Ranger dies.

As someone who was born in '91 and watched Power Rangers growing up, literally why the fuck are they making this?

>but Trini (Becky G.), the Yellow Ranger, is queer in this new continuity.

of course

>say his name

what.

For manchildren like yourself

Haim Saban must have a new settlement to fund.

Because Saban is a greedy prick and wants to cash-in on how superheroes are making mega-bucks. He feels that Power Rangers can be a cinematic franchise like Marvel's.

Power Rangers is still airing, so now there will be a big budget movie that kids watching it can go see.

Not everythibg is about you

For money. And the fatc that some people are willing to see it because "IP I know!" and "mature version for mature people like me".

>Green Ranger next movie

FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD YOU ALWAYS DO THIS.

>Make crappy DBZ movie then tease how the next one will be the Vegeta saga
>Make crappy Chun Li movie and name drop Ryu at the end and how she is invited to a tournament

I hate how they start off week taunting you with a great sequel but the initial movie bombs so no sequel.

It's a reference to one of Bryan Cranston's iconic lines from Breaking Bad.

Just your typical NERDS LIKE US RITE? clickbait trash writing.

>power rangers is still airing
>they make a reboot of the old series, instead of a story set in the current series

They don't care about the kids. The main target is obviously old fans.

>spoiling some things and not others

Fuck you OP just say the big secret none of us are going to watch this movie. Either you spoil it now or the wikipedia entry will when it comes out I am not paying to see this shit.

Okay, thanks. Never got into Breaking Bad.

>next one will be the Vegeta saga
Did they tease that? How?

nostalgiabux

They tried this with Turbo. It sucked and bombed. Although Time Force almost became a movie would have loved to see that.

He's the man who killed Gus Fring.

Spike from Buffy who played Piccolo said in interviews if they made a sequel it would touch that.

Then they would make a Power Rangers in Space movie, not a fucking reboot movie from the first season that's older than most posters on this shit board.

>girlfriend has otherwise pretty good to taste in movies
>she's super excited to see this
>all our friends tell her it looks like shit
>I agree
>still wants to see it because nostalgia

How do I make her see the light, anons? At least we're going to see it on $5 movie night so I'm only wasting 10 bucks on this turd instead of $25.99 + tip

>They tried this with Turbo. It sucked and bombed.
And that' spartly why the kids are not the target.

This has more in common with all the reboots happening right now, than with any spin-off movies made to cash in on ongoing series.

Yeah this is the thing that bothers me about Saban. He's hardcore Zionist and all that money our parents spent on PR merchandise went to funding Israeli politics.

>its another "redditor with delusions of grandeur making up storylines for a movie he's not even seen yet" episode

>Rita Replusa does utter the phrase “Make my monster grow!”
kino confirmed

I'll take her to see it so you don't have to waste your money. Give me her number.

Because there are disgusting plebeians out there who haven't discovered the superior Super Sentai. These low lives instead choose to not let go of their childhood and support some kike who butchers the original and funnels that money into the Israeli war machine.

Just curious, but does she watch the original series still?

I mean. i do. And I love some it, and cringe at some of the rest, but it definitely isn't the kind of stuff that i would have looked at twice if I started watching it as an adult. Same for the 87 TMNT series.

Now the new movie though, it looks bland as fuck, and the same applies, I wouldn't have looked at it were it not for the MMPR name.

And if she's honest, she'll admit she wouldn't have either.

So is the President of the United States. If you're a taxpaying American this is true of you too.

Exclusively to make you question why they're making it of course

Jesus Christ, stop being so arrogant

Question about PR in general. Is it really that expensive to film your own fight scenes? Like why hasn't Savannah made a season completely American made? This way there would be more control over the narrative and the product would be better? As it stands now the editors don't create stories they get dumped footage on them and have to nigger-rig narrative out of it.

Jesus christ you are some fucking dense motherfuckers

You're underestimating just how cheap the show is. It's CHEAP.

The entire pitch of the show is "We'll make a show based around another show's action scenes thus saving 80% of the budget"

This. They barely even payed the actors when they started.

PR is one of those shows with a big coat of sugar and glitter around it for the kids, but the behind the scenes stuff is atrocious.

haim saban is human garbage. don't pay a cent for this trash

>the original theme music

wew

>updated,

reeeeeeee

Fuck off weab. Nobody gives a shit about your Nip shows.

At least I have a choice when it comes to lining Saban's pockets.

But my question is, how much h more expensive is it to make one with all American scenes? Like if Saban sees this show purely as an investment that means it will never get better and he will do the bare minimum to keep getting returns on profit until it's unprofitable then dies.

Like I read what could have been with Power Rangers Hexagon and I get mad that we don't see that shit because Saban/Disney were cheap fucks with no respect to the narrative. Imagine a new season of PR where Lord Zedd and/or Rita come back how mind losing that would be? But since the nips will never do that we never see it.

It would require ten times the budget.

Add to that the original show was extremely efficient to begin with.

youtu.be/AKVa1eQF3PI?t=13m45s

That sucks. Then fuck it i'll continue not watching nu PR because it's always subpar and formulaic.

>A Ranger dies

It'll be Jason. Calling it now.

I wish I could go behind the scenes like that. That's one of my life long dreams.

>tfw spent the week watching videos on how crazy japanese people are with their work ethics
>see this
>on top of breaking your "child magic" views of MMPR by showing you the guy inside the suit, it also makes you think about the crazy time and efforts these people put into it

I wonder how much karoshi (death by overworking) happened on the production of this.

>"SHinji? You ok in that suit?...Shinji?"
>"he's dead senpai"
>"oh ok. Keep filming".

Well maybe you should have watched more than the original show you pleb. Get out of my thread.

Not only that whoever dies will be resurrected in movie 2 due to the power of the morphing grid or some shit. He will come back and help the team beat Tommy. No way they are going to do a full movie with just 4 of them v Tommy.

I would ask who should be cast as Tommy but we already know they are going to probably go the cheap no name actor route again.

@27:00 that amphitheater or whatever it is, is constantly reused in sentai and live action anime scenes to this day.

>I wonder how much karoshi (death by overworking) happened on the production of this.

I know what you're talking about, but it's so well-run it doesn't look particularly stressful on the crew.

Yeah. i'm mostly jesting.

>inb4 it's blue ranger that dies
>inb4 replaced by 10yo in sequel
>inb4 transformers and bronze fish submarine

>white male cis red ranger dies
>proud queer black woman of color takes the lead

Why are we pretending that this no source copypasta has any merit to it?

>girlfriend

>Jason David Frank
Cunt

We aren't even really talking about it thats how bs it is. Most of the stuff said there people speculated about already.

i want to see this

I think it's the bully that was fighting with Billy that's going to be Tommy.

Yes pay $10 to see this goyim. No wait Israel needs more ammunition to defend against Palestinian "missiles" go see this in imax for the true experience only $25 Goyim. What a deal!

ok

I only wanna know if there's some sweet ass guitar riffs in this one. I can't enjoy this with the boring ass "BBBRRRRR KRRR DUUUNNN"-soundtrack a la Transformers, Inception and all the other copied action movie soundtracks.

I'm sure we'll get a version of the classic theme at least once, and it will be worth it.

Great guy, just jokes around a lot which can be seen by some people as being a cunt. He's well-liked by mostly everyone.

David Yost, however, projected lots of the "gay harassment" since lots of the cast members were gay themselves. Cranston was a dick. Self-loathing man.

So, what's JDF's cameo?

>So, what's JDF's cameo?
one of the original rangers

... from thousand years ago?

>So, what's JDF's cameo?
If OP isn't lying I bet JDF and Amy Jo Johnson will be a couple watching the rangers from a distance or having the rangers save them which further pushes the narrative that Tommy cucked Jason in the original show.

What planet do you live on? JDF is a well known asshole and there is a reason almost no one associates with him any longer.

>Cranston was a dick
Brian?

Do tell.

yes

Billy Cranston, the Blue Ranger. Played by David Yost. I get them confused.
Brian Cranston was voice-actor for Power Rangers and did some of the monsters; in his honours, they made his surname also Billy's.

Everyone's very friendly with him and he got along quite well with Jason Narvy, Paul Schrier, JYB, the crew itself etc

>Tommy cucked Jason
And then she left Tommy anyways, so it doesn't matter. Either way, can't play in the original continuity.

In season 3 they were filming almost all the ranger fight scenes themselves since they were still using the suits from the first season but monsters a complete different Sentai show. Budget went nuts and that's partially why we got cheap kid actors and the "Alien" rangers to save the budget.

Is bad-ass lesbian Latina becoming a new trope?

>David Yost, however, projected lots of the "gay harassment"

youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwO8QZI7Q

It's been caught on tape clear as day. Frank was an asshole.

>new trope

Great. I see JDF joking around and Yost being self-serious.

He projected gay harassment. He fucking had interviews where he said he thought of being harassed because he was gay. While there were many crew members who were buttlickers themselves.

i think yost was just a pussy

>He projected gay harassment.

He calls him "Gayvid"

Ok Jason, so why don't you post these interviews and other proof that David was the asshole and not you?

when? lots going on in that vid

jesus he gives him the evil eye there

where does that happen?

Also Billy has issues if like 20 years later that still bother him. I was bullied in high school a couple years ago badly probably worse than what he got from JDF and I already got over it.

Who said it still bothers him?

youtube.com/watch?v=KelRKIMRDzA

themarysue.com/blue-power-david-yost-gay-interview/

I said that David Yost was a self-loathing guy and it's pretty obvious, don't you think.
I also said that JDF plays around a lot which is why some can see him as an asshole. learn to read, inform yourself

>it's pretty obvious, don't you think.
This is known as an assumption.

>I also said that JDF plays around a lot
This is known as rationalizing.

Go fuck yourself Jason.

We already have the video tape. Sorry. I don't know if you're doing this just for the attention or because you see Jason David Frank as a good guy because he's a part of your childhood, but it's plain as day.

Hi Mr. Yost!

I don't see shit in that videotape.

Why is he an asshole, then, exactly.
David Yost has had obvious issues, again, which he even admitted to in the interviews. Also, he has said to have quit the show out of those gay harassments which are

where in that video?

Again, crew members were gay themselves, he says he was bullied because he was gay. You don't seem to know a lot about all of this, do you.

Which crew members were gay? Specifically, and provide sources.

He has done interviews recently whining about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=TmlcuY8bOUk

Cmdr Crayfish, Chris Funaro, has said so himself. I'm not going to do the fucking dirty work now and look up rangercast.com posts from 2009 for you. But he's a known guy in the PR community and is one of the creators of Morphicon.
He is buddies with TONS of crew members and has had a similiar stance about this topic in the past. He is not active on rangercast or rangerboard anymore, however.

He's also very good friends with Jackie Merchant who was an executive producer for the show for more than 15 years.

If that still is not enough, if you don't believe any of it, go look it up yourself. You obviously know less about this situation than I do and yet have a very stubborn position about this. Now go fuck yourself.

awwwww damn

>I'm not going to do the fucking dirty work now

You made the claim, you have to provide the evidence, that's how this works. I'm sorry that you can't do that and that you have no way to back up your insane rambling claims.

How does there being two other homosexuals on the crew mean Jason David Frank never harassed anyone?

>play Spike, amazing breakout character that is a standout favorite in both Buffy and Angel
>massive career capital gained as a result
>rather than parlay this into a successful career, your agent attaches you to a live action anime that literally keeps the names and nothing else
>career utterly destroyed in a way that makes Ecks Vs Sever look like a good choice by comparison for all involved

...to be Spike truly is to suffer.

What's your fucking goal here? You obviously have no issues with homophobia, so why are you so concerned about it?

David Yost has said he was being bullied for being gay. Not by JDF, but in general.
There's more than two gay crew members.
JDF can be an asshole to some because of his abrasive personality.

That's what I'm talking about.