Finally watched Beyond and it was way fucking better than Into Darkness

Finally watched Beyond and it was way fucking better than Into Darkness.

I'm starting to get the impression that Abrams is a hack and things get immediately better any time they get rid of him. Rogue One was way better than The Force Awakens too, and you know why? No fucking Abrams. I'm now looking forward to The Last Jedi much more because Abrams isn't attached to it.

Seriously, why the fuck is Abrams so praised?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zRD0fcbkQyc
youtube.com/watch?v=s6KX4KASX4M&index=5&list=PLchlSdm_nwitj6M-oSHUG5whAe297-FkF
youtube.com/watch?v=LEWAeS0zbg4
theverge.com/2016/12/20/14009394/star-wars-rogue-one-good-ending-pop-culture
youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA&t=13s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>starting

What has he done to deserve the credentials he has and ability to work on IPs that he has? Arguably his best movie was Cloverfield and that did ok. The answer is that Spielberg "choose" him and artificially raised his standings. It's utter bullshit. He tried this shit with Shia too and it blew it up in his face. I used to respect Spielberg, hearing his stories about how he snuck onto Hollywood sets and thats how he got his break eventually. Now I bet that is bullshit and some Jew nepotism got him his job too.

That's actually exactly what I was going to ask about. I haven't seen a single thing from Abrams that is worthy of respect so I have no idea why they let him defile these big-name franchises. It would explain a lot if it's just Spielberg being a dipshit.

A lot of JJ's older movies were tied to Spielberg so it's quite obvious what was going on. What annoys me the most is when Super 8 came out thats when the Jew media went full propaganda hailing him as the next Spielberg and making this gen's ET even though that movie was subpar at best. Also it's infuriating how smug and full of himself JJ is even though he got his job through his heritage and all he has been doing recently is remaking popular IPs that would have been hits regardless of who made them. The 2nd Star Trek movie is where everyone saw that he had no idea what the fuck he is doing when he can't mine nostalgia anymore and has to make a coherent plot. It's probably why he only made one Star Wars and the first one at that. It's utter bullshit I refuse to support anything he touches.

> not loving JJ and any of the other chosen ones from the tribe

shut this down right NOW.

beyond was still mediocre and not that much better than the first one

though I should give the first one more credit because it was actually fun to watch

tfa > rogue shit

the former sucked dick but at least the characters were a little interesting to watch; the latter put me to sleep and idgaf when the squad began dying off in the finale. Vader and Tarkin scenes were gay-ass pandering as well

ANUDDA SHOAH

Sounds like you just have shit taste my friend.

Bring Back Shyamaladingdong!

star trek might be one of the dullest franchises ever and anyone who pays attention to it is either a massive nerd or a dumb pleb.

Into Darkness is the better movie, but Beyond is the better Star Trek movie.

TFA is the better movie, but Rogue One is the better Star Wars movie.

>TFA is the better movie
The fuck? How?
Why would you like either TFA or Into Darkness? Tell me.

I'm sure you're a million times cooler than me user.

Perhaps you might want to remove your bookmark to this Brazillian goldsmithing website and go somewhere else like Facebook or bodybuilding.com

could say the same about you, 'friend'

make no mistake, we're still comparing which putrid garbage tastes slightly less worse than the other

Into Darkness. TFA spat in my face after the first third, at least Into Darkness was fun, somewhat unpredictable, had comberbingo as a fun villain and actually good music. Which can't be said for any of the other films.

I also really like the way Into Darkness is lit for some reason.

I don't understand why Michael Giachinno stretches himself so thing these days, it's really hurting his work.
youtube.com/watch?v=zRD0fcbkQyc

To elaborate, I wasn't praising the movies as high art, I was saying which was the better movie and which the better film. Also that music link I posted was mistitled, but I stand by the fact that Giachinno was at his best when he did 2 movies a year.
youtube.com/watch?v=s6KX4KASX4M&index=5&list=PLchlSdm_nwitj6M-oSHUG5whAe297-FkF
So much energy!

John William's TFA score was insultingly bad, as was the rest of the movie. Awful rehash desu. John Boyega and Harrison Ford were the only likeable actors in the whole thing, except for Luke who did NOTHING

star trek: beyond cuckoldry

Civilization Trek: Beyond Two Earth Souls

>Rogue One was way better
lmao, hello D*sney shill

fact: both of them are worse than the worst scenes of the prequel trilogy and D*sney's fanfiction was a mistake

Nobody got cucked in Beyond. I get that you like to throw the word into everything but it does not even remotely apply here.

Okay, but you're not explaining why you preferred TFA to Rogue One. I can't think of anything bad about Rogue One. Unlike TFA, it was something original.

he didn't direct cloverfield

Guess that explains why it didn't suck shit like the stuff he actually directed.

It's a good movie, I too was enormously pleasantly surprised. Wasnt even planning on seeing it initially but went w my ol' dad, as we used to watch TNG together and we both enjoyed it. Classic, campy feel, reverence to TOS, beautifully directed action and fx.

This is a joke right? Cloverfield is one of the most annoying movies I have seen and I am quite an accepting person when it comes to films and TV.

Annoying?

I actually haven't seen it, I just wanted another excuse to insult Abrams. It honestly looks fucking bad.

I'll agree that Rogue One, as I said, is the better STAR WARS film, but not a better film.

It's first half is a complete mess. A promising introduction is squandered by police chief vader whitaker's strange performance, bad pacing and painfully mediocre music (which G only had four weeks to write.) The characters are introduced artificially and awkwardly for the most part. It reeks of reshoots and a suicide squad opening sequence.

That being said, the worldbuilding is well done. A great little callback to the PT with the clone jeeptruck, Jedha is an original-ish city that's cool to see under Imperial occupation, and some wonderful fight scenes with not-jedi IP man (once again with impact squandered by a not-across-the-stars leitmotif.) I don't think people understand how important good music is to sell Star Wars' tacky, sweeping themes. Look to the ROTS score as a terrific example of literally salvaging the movie through incredible music.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEWAeS0zbg4

The Vader scenes are an example of the same awkwardness- great callbacks (and the cool bacta tank + mustafar) ruined by a halloween costume. Cool Star Wars, mediocre movie.

The second half borders on being good though with some of the only good music in the film, and some redeeming payoff moments. It's why people like the movie- you'll always forgive a movie that starts bad and ends awesome. Again, none of the good pacing/somewhat tight writing of TFA. Also, Giachinno seems to have caught "leitmotif-cuckfear" syndrome, just as JW in TFA. A fear of using the old series themes with confidence.

Any other questions?

Trust me its fucking awful. I get that shaky cam is the vibe they went for but my word it was a shit decision in this film. And the guy holding it is the most unlikable piece of shit on the planet. I don't care how deliberate it all is, its still a shit product.

Let's do this a bit at a time.

>It reeks of reshoots
What does this mean?

Also, what makes music good or bad to you?

I think we'll probably have to just agree to disagree on some things, but I appreciate you expressing your opinion eloquently and in detail. A lot better than the "It's shit because I say so and I'm not going to explain myself!" that I'm used to on this site.

Holy shit, I just realized how fucking bushy Chris Pine's eyebrows are.

Beyond was better than Into Darkness, but Abrams admitted that movie was a piece of shit that he had no passion for and was only there because of the paycheck and contractual obligations

Rogue One is objectively inferior to TFA, you're just mad that kylo ren lost to a girl, lol

This was some bland ass fucking garbage and I can't believe anybody enjoys this crap. OP end yourself or stop posting.

>Unlike TFA, it was something original.

the joke is that Rogue One is only superficially different, but still is entirely reliant on the original film and the audience's own familiarity with Star Wars. It's different enough where it loses the charm of the Saga films but too safe where it feels cheap and unimaginative.

The Force Awakens, for all the meme complaints about "muh rehash", at least knew what it wanted to be (a fucking Star Wars movie). TFA used familiar structure to tell a new story about new characters and what the legacy of Star Wars meant to the people living in the star wars universe. Pseudointellectual plebs who saw an x-wing, a droid carrying a plot device, and a third death star wanted to pat themselves on the back for being "smart" for noticing this shit and shouted REHASH!!!! without actually engaging with the film or trying to understand what it was going for

Rogue One's sole reason for being is to overly explain the first two sentences of ANH's opening crawl.

This is true

>still is entirely reliant on the original film and the audience's own familiarity with Star Wars
Not true.
theverge.com/2016/12/20/14009394/star-wars-rogue-one-good-ending-pop-culture

>starting

welcome to the party pal

into darkness is one of the most abhorrent and distasteful movies ever made, anyone who praises that garbage deserves to get gassed

>what it was going for

Cheap and safe shekels, literally nothing else.

Saw the pic and read it as In to Barkness.

I thought I was weird for not caring for Into Darkness, especially since I honestly enjoyed the first one. Good to see I'm not alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA&t=13s
beyond is actually the worst of the 3. Thanks for trying though Justin

Expected Beyond to be garbage, but actually thoroughly enjoyed a random space adventure and saving everyone with Sabotage. Top movie.

>1000 views
Is this your fucking video? I made sure to give you another downvote, enjoy.

I was expecting to be disappointed as well, especially after Into Darkness being so mediocre (and how often is the third film in a series actually good?), but I genuinely liked it. Whatever they changed behind the scenes, it worked.