The Leftovers thread

Let's discuss the best show on television at the moment, The Leftovers. What the fuck is going to happen in S3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nRPiBfwqHno
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZDj4nTFNY
youtube.com/watch?v=nqArJAc7j4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zbT6Lv-4xe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=nRPiBfwqHno

>What the fuck is going to happen in S3?
probably something that makes us wish there wasnt a S3

judging by how s2 started, i imagine they will move to a space station.

AUSTRALIA
BEARDS

I'm hype

The fact that this motherfucker hasn't won an Emmy is a disgrace
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rBZDj4nTFNY

who even watches those things

He was fucking amazing in Season 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=nqArJAc7j4Q

Season 2 was soo long ago, i need to re-watch the final episodes to remember everything properly.

If i'm correct, Theroux's character ( can't even remember his name) met with that black man, they both killed themselves to go into some sort of magical, heavenly plane of existence, where he killed that fat lady who was haunting him.

After that, he literally ressurected from an earthquake.

About those teen girls with Liv Tyler's character, i can't remember what they had inside that car.

About what is going to happen:

I don't really care about what happens, really i just want an explanation on what really happened at the day all those people disappeared, and i wanna know why the main character is special, and i'd like to know if Carrie Coon's character really is that thing they said that makes people disappear.

We've had enough drama already, i just want explanations and closure.

Last season's twists really caught me by surprise. I have no idea what the hell is going to go insane this time. Maybe AyyLmaos

This is James gandolfini level acting, what morons won over him

>i just want an explanation on what really happened at the day all those people disappeared

Also, i really wouldn't mind seeing her naked or half naked. Margaret Qualley is smoking and only 22

>really i just want an explanation on what really happened at the day all those people disappeared

Not going to happen, Lindelof said as much. The shit regarding Kevin is will definitely be explained.

Watching the episode were the black dude blew his fucking brains out live was absolutley fucking insane, then the week after we got the GOAT episode of television this decade.

Jon Hamm and Rami Malek.... Theroux wasn't even nominated...

I wouldn't expect closure from a show like this friend. We will only be served more questions

who gives a fuck about an emmy

>explanations and closure

get out

Some good tension building, a majority of solid episodes and maybe 2 or 3 standalone episodes that are absolute masterpieces, then a finale that kind of fizzles out and lets you down.

does she have the autism

I don't remember seeing her in any of the trailers for season 3. I'm worried.

What is it? Why can't someone want an explanation on what happened and get a feeling of closure

Whoa there let's be real, nobody has reached Gandolfini level except Gandolfini himself, and it killed him

I probably wouldnt watch this show if the score wasnt so great tbqhwy. its really painful to watch

One of the themes of the show is how terrifying the departure was because it seems to have no explanation. There's no real pattern. It would be stupid to tie everything up nicely when the show is largely about the characters dealing with the uncertainty caused by the departure.

Would be nice to see Theroux get one. He is an underrated actor, it could help his career.

She is returning. Apparently so is Dean the dog killer.

>She is returning.
Phew.

i was wondering what happened to the dog guy

Apparently Christine will also be returning.

APRIL 16TH HYPE

Honestly I know people hate lindelof but I fucking loved Lost and I held off watching this show but I ended up loving it. I am really enjoying this because it covers so many of the same themes but with better pacing. Plus Justin Theroux is a much better actor than Matthew Fox.

i dont even remember who that is

Nig baby's mom.

for what purpose

S1 opening is kino in its purest form

youtube.com/watch?v=zbT6Lv-4xe8

I assume she will be killed by the government.

International assassin is the greatest tv episode of the 10s, only who goes there comes close

Is that the robbery scene in TD season 1?

I liked S1 more than S2

The premise of this show sounded pretty cool, but it seemed like another show that would never answer the questions it raised. Is that true or is there at least some implication of what the fuck happened to x% of the worlds population?

its a character study

The drug and tracking shot episode? Yes

its a show about faith, even for the viewer, so no there wont be answers, just questions and possibilities and you'll just have to have faith.

My guess is huge bizarre weather patterns and natural disasters start occurring that throw the world into chaos since everyone will believe it's the end of the world but it'll be left ambiguous if it actually is. Once they get to Australia and Kevin re-joins his Dad will become some sort of shaman figure and will definitely cross over into Hotel land again in an attempt to try to save the world or figure out what the fuck is going on.

Matt will continue to be fucking based and finally get his happy ending with Mary after enduring one more really bad fucking day in the outback.

Homeward bound, I wish I was...

home, where my thought's escaping...

Was there a live thread going on during this episode and International Assassin? Would love to see it.

Because it goes against the concept of the show. This is the same as Lost. There is mystery involved but just for atmosphere, the same with that Prometheus movie.

Lost had a specific setup to tell a Hero's Journey story using archetypes like the Axis Mundi. The Leftovers is taking the themes that Lindelof always uses like religion and reality, then contrasting them heavily and trying to present a good story.

I AM HYPED. I really hope they dont explain the disappearance.
It really would ruin the "life isnt fair" vibe they show has going on.
I dont know why more people arent watching it, and why it BARELY was approved for a 3rd Season.

no capes

Never heard of this show before but I really like that guys uniform.
Someone give me the rundown

Buckle up butter cup

It's a show about characters doing things