Universal Monsterverse general

Now that Kong: Skull Island has been confirmed as KINO status and the Kaijuverse is a reality, what do you think of the upcoming Universal Monsterverse commencing with The Mummy 2017? Will it be a success?
youtu.be/IjHgzkQM2Sg

Depends. Are they going to try to make actual horror films, or just generic PG-13 action with loads of CGI?

Also, there would need to be classy horror stars a la Karloff/Lugosi/Cushing/Lee/Price again. Not sure who that could really be nowadays; Tom Cruise or whatever A-lister they get to draw box office isn't going to cut it.

Its gonna be dumb pg-13 fast and furious styled movie

Casting A-Listers very often is a mistake. It was made possible due to the Karloff/Lugosi/Clive partnership that helped Universal transition from silent horror of the Browning/Chaney Sr. partnership

he'll have a cameo appearance right Sup Forums?

Looks like trash, on par with Scorpion King or whatever the fuck those later Mummy sequels were about
Kaiju movies are one thing, since the ever increasing quality of special effects at least serve to justify the monster fights, but I have zero interest in watching them take classic Universal monsters and make safe, focus tested, PG-13 action movies with them

in the credits
>this film is dedicated to the memory of brendan fraser

We have yet to see the films. If they do go the actioneer route, they better reflect the genre of the material.

bump

No, i have no hopes for this cinematic universe, they are already starting out badly with this film and I don't anyone is interested in seeing this particular movie, it'll flop and ''monsterverse'' will be cancelled

This. I'm perfectly fine with the classic Universal and Hammer monsters.
Judging from the trailer, The Mummy (2017) looks fucking awful. Literally Mission Impossible.

At the least the (1999) remake is a charming Indiana Jones flick, which for its time was endeavored in cutting edge CGI with ILM.

The mummy will likely do fine at worst, since it's a Cruise project, but other than that. who the fuck knows. I could use some wolf kino desu.

It's not gonna be actual horror. That much is clear from the mummy trailer.

Somebody get Gillman a proper remake already. Poor guy has been rotting away in the basement. Even The Invisible Man had a remake in the 00s.

New Invisible Man movie PLEASE

Its pretty amazing on how the Cushing/Lee dynamic of Hammer compliment the dynamic of Karloff/Lugosi when comparing their horror films together. Universal has the better Frankenstein trilogy while Hammer has the better Dracula trilogy.

anything is possible

starring JOHN CENA

Its a huge shame they didn't let loose Verhoeven on The Hollow Man. I would like to see him actually do what he said the original film. Rob, Rape, Steal, Kill! World leaders bowing and owning the moon speech basically describes him perfectly.

>Orci and Kurtzman running this universe

MOTHER FUCKERS

>Chris Morgan has been writing/producing the Fast and Furious movies since Tokyo Drift

Eh?

>Kurtzman

The original Invisible Man is so amazing. He's such an asshole, its hilarious.

>Bride?
They have to make a proper Frankenstein first before that could work or flip the situation of the character. Autistic Jolie basically has zero irony.

Probably won't since I Frankenstein flopped

monsterverse is gonna be a flop that will only rely on tom cruise for it to success. i mean dracula untold the kebab killing simulator was supposed to be a part of the monsterverse but since it flopped, universal acted like it didnt exist

hold the fuck up

tom cruise mummy takes place in the godzilla/kong universe?

no godzilla/Kong is WB's monsterverse or kaijuverse.
This thread is about the Universal Monsters