So which one was the better movie Sup Forums?

So which one was the better movie Sup Forums?

They are both the polar opposites when it comes to handling monster movie stories, but which one did you find more entertaining?

Godzilla was the better movie between both, but not by much.
Hopefully the next Godzilla is way better though

They were pretty gud :^)

Have to give it to Godzilla. Kong had way too many unnecessary characters, every time Larson out Hiddleston said something I got annoyed. The Kick-Ass guy may have been boring in Godzilla but he was at least serviceable for the plot and didn't get on my nerves every time he spoke. Plus it felt like there was more unbelievable action concerning the humans vs monsters in this movie as opposed to Godzilla, especially where Brie Larson was concerned. I did enjoy the additions to the mythos Kong gave, plus Samuel l Jackson, John c Riley and John Goodman were all good. I just wish it focused on those more and not the shit filler characters

>Pacific Rim
>Good

Heeey that's pretty good :^)

You have good taste friendo.

does Kong cut away to boring characters every time he's about to do something awesome for the first 90 minutes?

No

You see Kong in the opening minutes

Pacific Rim was fucking great, what's wrong with you people?

But is Kong at least a primary character in the plot and not some narrative afterthought?

Then you must utterly hate Kong and Godzilla

Kong was better. It wasn't afraid to off the monster, it wasn't afraid to show off more colors than grey, and it had a nice rack.

I was being serious buddy :^)

Just trying to be wholesome :^))))

>So which one was the better movie Sup Forums?
Both sucked ass, but Kong was visually interesting.

Well he shows up pretty regularly and the main conflict of the movie is Sam Jackson wanting to kill him

It was a kaiju film that lived or died on its fight scenes, but every fight was at night with too much rain to really appreciate what the hell was going on. And the only half-decent fight (Gypsy vs. monster in the city) was ruined by all the neon lights which (again) made it difficult to watch. Also lack of scale for the robots and monsters, since most fights took place in shallow waters

Are we talking about 2014 Godzilla or Nip Godzilla?

I thought Godzilla was awful. boring movie, bland visuals, shitty characters with shitty acting.

Shin Godzilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skull Island > Godzilla '14

Kong had a better cast and better CG animation/FX, and the helicopter fight was better than the final fight in Godzilla. Kong, even though it was just a bunch of action scenes strung together, was better executed than whatever the fuck Godzilla was trying to do with its "only tease the monsters, its a human story!" Approach.

shin gojira was the best movie of 2016, so we don't even have to have a discussion about it

You aren't allowed to like anything that people on Reddit might like also

people actually live their lives based on a website that they dislike

The camera work and fight design made it very easy to understand what was going on. Add to the fact it had a beautiful color palette to go with it's cinematography. In short, wtf are you talking about.

>Kong, even though it was just a bunch of action scenes strung together, was better executed than whatever the fuck Godzilla was trying to do with its "only tease the monsters, its a human story!" Approach.
yep.

Oh, I get it. So Sup Forums is just like Sup Forums.

You aren't allowed to dislike anything that Reddit likes

you're a fucking idiot you know that right

OFFICIAL UNBIASED KAIJU KINO POWER RANKINGS
1. Shin-Gojira
2. Kong: Skull Island
3. Pacific Rim
4. Cloverfield
5. King Kong '05
6. Godzilla '14

they both sucked and they were both in the same shitty vein of "JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO"

>which masturbatory power fantasy was better
The one that made you cum.

>specific rim anywhere thats not the bottom

Jackson's Kong is better than Skull Island

>5. King Kong '05
>6. Godzilla '14
This guy

Godzilla was better. Kong's tone was all over the place and didn't make much sense

Jackson's is good but characters in Skull Island are much better. Half of what makes that movie good is the island part and after it's done we're left with the three worst characters in the film.
Godzilla '14 is just a disappointment on may levels.

Ah, you're referring to the movies. I thought we were talking about the actual monsters.

are you fucking blind