I found this to be extremely average

I found this to be extremely average.

Thoughts?

I thought it was pure shit.

You have to be a retarded redditer to like it.

Bad taste!

non-meme review:
it was alright. I felt like it had a pretty original premise. a bit heavy handed with all the metaphors, and some of the long shots that were meant to be unsettling were just plain annoying at times. there were moments where the characters acted like complete fuckwits, but thats to be expected with horrorshit. what bothered me and what probably bothers the Sup Forums colony on Sup Forums is the fact that the main character is a total cuck for the girl who slept with (3?) other guys before him and dooms himself just to get some pussy at the end.

6/10

Best horror of the 2010s.

ITT: shit tastes

Probably the best horror movie since Blair With Project. This or the Witch.

Good idea, dull execution. I walked out thinking of a hundred ways they could've taken the plot in a more interesting direction, or used this premise in a better setting, but at least it stuck in my head.

Outstanding soundtrack

Excellent first half, second half starts to dwindle slightly, not sure I liked the ending.

A deeper movie than you might think though,

Worthy of analysis, for example, what year was it set in?

>A deeper movie than you might think though
No, we got it.

Name me some good horrors movies from the last few years, pls Sup Forums, I want a mindfuck.

shit flick

This

if all you watch is really well crafted movies, I can see it being disappointing
but if you've been been watching most of the schlock that came out that year it was pretty good by comparison.

>I walked out thinking of a hundred ways they could've taken the plot in a more interesting direction, or used this premise in a better setting

Lake Mungo is It Follows done correctly.

One thing about the movie that really puzzled me was how the main girl's "rapey" boyfriend basically just admits to her that he wants to be a baby again.

It should just be a throwaway line about him wanting to be young and carefree again, but the way it's shot combined with the abound metaphors throughout the movie really stresses this aspect of his character.

The fact the movie later shows his mom to be a pretty major part of his life also adds to this.

I don't know, it felt like a dropped subplot about the guy being into an adult baby fetish or some other weird shit but of course it's never really explored.

I found it kinda bad honestly. I'm not the contrarian type, but I heard everyone raving about this and was thoroughly disappointed in almost every regard. It didn't find it scary in anyway, and the "atmosphere was sorely lacking

I think OP's. faggot, this isn't your blog

it was shit

didn't get that vibe at all, or maybe I just forgot, this might say a little more about you than the movie.

I liked it but I wasn't crazy about it. It had atmosphere, an interesting (enough) premise, the way it was filmed got my attention, a fitting soundtrack and all that. The ending, meaning the very last scene, was exactly the type of thing I was hoping for. I have two criticisms really:

1. The climax was completely silly and just didn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of the movie at all, and there was no buildup to it either, just a couple scenes of talking, then they're heading to the pool all of a sudden. The whole trying to throw the blanket on it and shooting wildly at an unseen target was goofy.

2. Everything from the lakefront scene to Greg's death revolved around characters defying logic to a degree that can't simply be explained away with the cliche "panicking teenagers make dumb decisions in a horror movie" thing and was clearly added as a device to move the plot along (nothing inherently wrong with that though) and because the filmmakers were almost certainly thinking "oh shit we're half way through this horror movie and nobody's died since the first two minutes, so I guess we'll just have a character throw himself into the line of fire cause there's no other way to do it at this point."

Other than that it's a decent movie, at least I enjoyed it.

>A deeper movie than you might think though,
It Follows probably had the most in-your-face allegory in a horror movie since Dawn "the zombies are really us mindlessly wandering around in the shopping mall" Of The Dead.

Spot on man, exactly what I thought.

A lot of what irked me was that there was no possible way of killing this thing. I can't stand Final Destination type premises where the fate of the characters is spelled out in the first act. I would want to get some kind of information on how this being works.

For instance wait for it to show up then drive down a stretch of relatively straight and flat highway with little traffic, stop after 10 miles after traveling at a constant speed, start a clock. Wait for it to show up then double back the same road at the same speed for 10 miles, compare results. Then set to testing whether incline or any kind of physical barrier slows its pursuit. Can it fucking climb? We see it on top of a roof at some point, can it climb as fast as it normally walks? Collect any kind of information you can so you can have a rough estimate of when to expect this thing to show up and fuck your shit. Then get to seeing about how to ruin its day. Hallway flooded with gasoline, caltrops, spike pits, fucking gunfire. Does it take time to regenerate? But whatever the characters in the movie don't have brain cells fine and what the fuck ever right it's supposed to be a metaphor for STDs or some shit. EXCEPT THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER

So by the end of the movie the girl and the fuckwit decide to resign themselves to entity/disease. But what the fuck then is the whole give it away by fucking someone else supposed to represent, treatment? It's the only actual way to somewhat prevent yourself from dying, so what the fuck is the ultimate moral of the film supposed to even be? Just stop caring about staying alive and facing down the thing that wants to kill you because it's easier to just forget about it? Fuck off

I liked it for the most part, maybe because I rarely watch horror films so it was sort of novel to me. The pool set piece was the dumbest thing I've seen in a movie in a long time though