European cuisine before the discovery of the Americas was mostly sour cabbage...

>European cuisine before the discovery of the Americas was mostly sour cabbage, pickled meat and a nice side dish of good old nothing
>most Nordic countries, Baltics, and Slavs still cook the same way

Every day I live, I give thanks to Mayans, Aztecs and Incas for domesticating potatoes, corn, tomatoes and paprika
Every day I praise Spaniards and Portuguese people for bringing us these gifts
Without you, we'd be nothing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>throw pig with skin in the oven
>add salt
>dinner is ready

reminds me of monkeys who take nuts and open them with stones
slav subhumans

You are welcome, friend, thanks for inventing paprika

It's interesting how Hungarian cuisine is so fond of spices compared to the gastronomy of surrounding countries.

Traditional cuisine is good! Anyone can make it, cheap, healthy. I hate how the anglos/Americans spreads around "their" culture. It's absolute Shit!

thank god we're getting more immigrants here

You have to go back!

Fuck you, your middleman buisnesses and opportunistic kebab neighbours.

Looks sad, desu. Where's the olive oil with salt and garlic covering the potatoes? Where's the other half of the egg? Where's the crisp, golden brown skin of the fish? That the fuck is that puree/cream? Why isn't that fish soaked in olive oil?

Delicious

Looks simple, but good.

Post Hungarian food.

UMA

>You have to go back!
lol no, i am comfy here and you guys love us :)

no, not really.
we had access to spices long before the discovery of america

That thing looks tasteless.

>potatoes

It is man, swedish food is vomit tier.
If you ever ask what a swede would eat, it's pizza, thai,chinese,japanese,turkish,arabic,persian or any other kind of food that isn't their own.

virtually all meats, wheat, barley, lentils, most greenery as well

it was quite manageable pallet wise, although a bit boring

I literally can't wrap my brain around why people are sperging out over this. It must be pure ignorance The herring, onion and sour cream have a very strong taste together. It's a decent meal.

What all of these things have in common (except Japanese) is that they will turn you into a sloppy fatass, while traditional Swedish food will keep you happy and healthy, ready to face cold and dark weather with optimism.

>muh ancestors ate it, so it must be superior
Literally new age bullshit like ancient Chinese wisdom trumping science

Are people memeing or are you actually serious when you say looks disgusting? It's perfectly edible and actually very tasty, you all act like picky, petulant children who won't eat something unless it's mcdonalds.

Stick to your scientific pasta and ES for energy and protein powder for your massive gains.
Malnurished millenials is the future!

problem?

>he says
>while eating potatoes, fat cream and fucking sild, the least nutritious food known to man

Dunno, I wouldn't add that sauce, you have a cheaper and easier choice

looks like you boiled whatever was in the neighbours dumpster
no wonder swedish culture is going extinct, you guys had 0 culture to begin with

>le upboat +1 xDDDD
>potato and egg and fish suckkk lol!!! xDDD

>people talking down on northern European food
you eat to live, you dont live to eat

It looks like someone took a shit on a bowl of chunky vomit, and then had their testes removed into the bowl next to it.

But I'm sure it's delicious

it is actually really good mate, especially the smoked sausage
it's just kale with potatoes mixed into it

>steals SEAn spices

Boerenkool doesn't have any of the stolen Ind*nesian spices in it

At least put some spices on it
this is criminal

Here, it's a simple paprikás. fun fact: it's what Wanda and Vision made in the Avengers :D

Don't meme friend, Germans usually have decent food. Lots of sausages meats and stuff.

looks very good

>wh*Te food is so shitty they literally conquer a continent and enslave a whole race just to get sugar
>they do it again for spices
really makes me thin

>really makes me thin
then maybe eat some of that "wh*te" food

>IT LOOKS BAD SO IT CAN'T BE TASTY HUR DURR XD AM I COOL YET!?

I'm starting to understand why everyone hates canadians on this board

Dude this is so good. I always knew Sup Forums were tasteless fags but goddamn.

I just said I'm sure it's delicious. Sausage is great, although I don't particularly enjoy kale. Some red cabbage would probably go well with it.

Also I don't know much about Norwegian cuisine, although I think it's very fish and lamb-based

You cunts are the worst because you actually had access to good ingredients only to sell them all for a few extra shekkels.

It's not that it looks disgusting, it just looks sad. pic related would be the equivalent here, I guess.

Add some chicken/beef and it looks just like Jardineira. What kind of sausage is that?

>it's just kale with potatoes mixed into it
I think you guys would like migas, then:
>kale
>corn bread
>black eyed peas
>drench in garlic and olive oil

It's pretty damn awesome and filling for a veggie thing. Usually served as a side to meat (or octopus).

They love their bread. Bread for breakfast, bread for lunch, bread for dinner.

Like this

that sounds pretty good actually

Your post seemed very sarcastic tbqh.

>Norwegian cuisine
Norwegian food is okay. Lapskaus and Flesk og duppe is the best we got to offer.

> Ananas
Wait a second..

>awful food:
>white, yellow, brown, pink, green

>"""delicious food""":
>yellow yellow yellow brown

Heh, the lighting is fucked, desu. And it's only brown on the outside of the fish. The inside is white. Like the Portuguese.

And all the other colours are present, with the exception of pink in this particular dish.

This is not cuisine. There was literally 0 preparation here.

Good thread. I appreciate the diversity and frequent sophistication of European food, but what I love best is trying all of North America's traditional regional foods that are based on local ingredients.

>Jardineira.
Looked it up, yeah, totally! it's looks similar to our gulyás

also very nice fish/potatoes you've got there, looks so much better than that Swede thing

What do you consider "traditional food"? One that is unique to your country or one what everyone eat every day?

Here everyone eat fucking fried potatoes and what they call "salad" - chopped tomatoes and cucumbers with mayo.
I'd rather starve than eat this kind of shit.

>tomatoes
?? What were Italians eating with pasta before that...

Nothing says traditional old world cuisine like potatoes you fucking retard

austrian semen

Based simple food

Potato just saved Europe.

he protecc
but he also atacc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

What do you consider "traditional food"?
>your country has it eaten for 20+ years. not every day ofcourse.
>the food originated from your country.
>atleast 50% of your country has eaten it once.

>20

I think it becomes a tradition when you've done something repeatedly for 20 years.

yeh potatoes are literally a gift from god. goes with anything & good amount of calories

The only good thing out of those is tomatoes.
Corn is disgusting.
Paprika is meh.
Potatos are bland.

olio oglio

I don't know about Italy, but in Greece our traditional thing that is similar to pasta (χυλόπιτες) is usually eaten with just cheese or is served along chicken,

but chicken is from indonesia, so not really traditional either..........