THOR: RAGNAROK Leaked Plot Details

Thorkino at last.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth) finds out that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has usurped the throne of Asgard when he forms an alliance with Hela (Cate Blanchett), the queen of the undead. She destroys Thor's hammer and exiles him to Sakaar, a faraway planet where Thor is enslaved and forced to become a gladiator by Sakaar's ruler, the Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum). Thor befriends another gladiator, the Valkyre (Tessa Thompson), and finds out that the champion of the arena is the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), who was exiled to Sakaar by Loki in retaliation for his humilliating defeat during the Battle of New York.

Thor and Hulk join forces to stop Hela and escape from Sakaar with Valkyrie's help, while being pursued by Hela's enforcer, Skurge (Karl Urban). Hela betrays Loki and kills Heimdall (Idris Elba), announcing her plans to use the Soul Stone to revive the dead and unleash Ragnarok upon the Nine Realms. Loki joins Thor and Hulk and reveals that Thor's father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) has been banished to Earth. The trio locates him with help from Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and learn of Janbjorn, an ancient weapon that can stop Hela. Thor retrieves it and returns to lead the forces of Asgard in battle against Hela, her army and the monstrous fire giant Surtur.

Skurge realizes Hela has been manipulating him and helps fend off the undead, while Thor defeats Surtur and retrieves the Soul Stone, returning Hela to confinement and restoring Odin as the king. Loki then betrays them and steals the Soul Stone, which he delivers to Thanos (Josh Brolin) in exchange for being pardoned for his failures. Thanos then prepares to launch his campaign to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet.

>Loki then betrays the protagonist for the 4th fucking time because "let's trust Loki for some reason"

i'll torrent it maybe

So they are barely going to spend any time on that banished planet huh? Way to butcher planet Hulk.

Sounds like a mess.

sounds like another mediocre and generic movie wasting a lot of potential, just like the other 2 movies

Sounds like it has the potential to be a jumbled mess that doesn't feature any significant character development

I mean, I know that describes 90% of Marvel movies, but still

>Loki betrays everyone again
Are they every going to do anything more with his character??

when are they going to kill loki like all the other villains?

Infinity War.

>Loki
>God of Mischief
>Not manipulating and betraying all the time

You should be asking yourself, why everyone else keeps trusting him?

Looks alright. Kinda wish Loki wasn't so much of a focus but oh well, they have to get those tumblerinas in the seats. Benedict and Tom in the same movie, that will get the bitches in the seats.

>Skurge (Karl Urban)
my nigga

>Benedict and Tom in the same movie, that will get the bitches in the seats.
just wait till Cumberbatch and Freemans characters meet and do a Sherlock joke.

literally his final appearance in infinity war is guaranteed to be this
>noble """" sacrifice """" to help heroes escape and/or weaken thanos
>end credits scene of him polishing the gauntlet and smirking at the camera with glowing eyes
>"I just couldn't... " **electro monster sound effect** "...resist."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

It'll be Cumberbatch and Downey Jr.

he's the only reason to see the film
>It'll be Cumberbatch and Downey Jr.
oh yeah i forgot about that

that literally is his character

welcome to norse mythology

>the Valkyre (Tessa Thompson)
Gayest think I ever read. ever

This.
>Skurges last stand
Finally

>nigger dies

About fucking time.

just in time to become the best Green Lantern

Bros I'm not sure I can tolerate this trash after watching the masterpiece that was Logan

taika watiti is a good director, you can have two films that are nothing alike and both be good

>Ragnarok turned into a buddy comedy
>kino
"no"

i wonder if nordic warlords are looking down from heaven in tears about how their religion has been turned into corporate trash

how does he make mediocre films so great?

But Thor has long hair when he meets doctor strange and short hair in the arena. Explain.

this could be the best movie ever made if cate blantchett shows muff

At the very least they have realised that Thor can't carry these films by himself, the character/acting is just way too stiff to manage it. Giving this a bit of a planet hulk vibe is pretty cool to be honest.

The majority of the rest reads like absolute fucking trash though and will be a CGI shitshow. At least the arena should (at least I bloody hope, assuming they have brains) be longer takes and somewhat gritty and practical effects driven. But we all know the 'big ending' will just further make people apathetic to these films. Ruined iron man 3.

This has to be the last time Loki changes teams though. He needs to die when confronted along with thanos. So fucking sick of how they're using him. Well, less how they use him and more how Captain Autism AKA Thor fucking buys into it every fucking time. Comic/Norse lore be damned, Thor is a shit lead and his portrayal is frustrating as all hell.

While doing anal.

hasn't she already done that?

It grows back.

Yeah isn't forgiveness a Christian thing? Why would Norse gods bother with it?

>Hela betrays Loki and kills Heimdall (Idris Elba), announcing her plans to use the Soul Stone to revive the dead and unleash Ragnarok upon the Nine Realms. Loki joins Thor and Hulk and reveals that Thor's father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) has been banished to Earth. The trio locates him with help from Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and learn of Janbjorn, an ancient weapon that can stop Hela.

Heimdall's eyes confirmed as Soul Stone

Germanic culture is big on paying your way to forgiveness. Sometimes literally with gold, or with punishment, like being chained to a cave floor with snake venom dripping into your wounds.

Implying you won't see it on opening night

Thor films are never kino.

Who do you trust more?
Loli or CIA?

He isn't even blond anymore, what the Hel!

Or the blood eagle 'lung wings' method of torture which should have been done to Loki by now

Thor looking daddy af

>Heimdall (Idris Elba)

Nigs in Valhalla. Really Marvel?

All those spoilers are cool and all, but does my boy Urban make it alive? I want him to keep making that Marvel money, fucker deserves it.

Oh boy I wonder if ragnarok involves a blue laser being fired into the sky at some point

>betrayed
>betrayed
>betrayed
>betryaed

jfc, marvel writing is so pathetically low

No because he isn't the only one to have that post.

lolis only provide cuddles and oral so the loli

>Thor defeats Surtur
Why even pretended that this is even inspired by norse mythology in any way at all? There isn't any point in even keeping the names, just make 100% Hollywood original.

So Loki is pretty much guaranteed to take the place of Mephisto in Infinity Gauntlet.

is ghost rider going to be in infinity war, he is the strongest mutant marvel has, even better than logan

>No more Mjolnir

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK THIS

MJOLNIR IS THE WEAPON FOR THOR. IT'S EVEN IN THE MYTHOLOGY

THE FUCK IS JANBJORN?

In comics, it's Thor's weapon before he got Mjolnir for being a good boy.

Now it's some kind of superweapon or something who knows

No. His character arc revolves around
Serve villainess/fall in love with her/ sick of being treated badly/ helps Thor/ sacrifies himself.

Janbjorn is the evolved version of Mjolnir, far more durable and powerful, learn you're lore autist.

Thor's magic axe.

>sick of being treated badly/ helps Thor/ sacrifies himself.

Trash.

When are they just going to fucking kill loki or lock him up?

When he stops drawing the female demographic or when Diddleston's contract gets too expensive

next avengers

Thats how it is senpai.

Why is Marvel universe and mythos so fucking retarded? It's like it was written for 10yr olds.

>It's like it was written for 10yr olds.

Wow, sounds like comic books.

You can also have two films that are nothing alike and one of them suck balls.

Rotten Tomato score predictions, everyone?

60 or 90+

Iron Fist gave critics permission to start trashing Marvel now

once the marvelchecks come in that'll be 90+

I didnt realize DCucks were SJWs.

>karl urban turns good
im ok with this

>Loki betrays them yet again
What a fucking marvellous plot twist
My fucking sisters favorite movie of all time is Thor the dark world, probably because she schlicks to Hiddleston, so I'm sure I'm probably gonna hear about this shit too.

My money is on this

Unfair
Karl Urban is the only living actor I actually enjoy watching.
Maybe Christian Bale, but that's about it.

Its probably gonna be the best scene. So theres that.

>killing off the only enduring, noteworthy villain in the MCU

Marvel can be stupid, but they aren't THAT stupid.

I don't know, but I hope he never stops.

Are you fucking serious nigger?

In EVERY ITERATION OF THE LOKI CHARACTER, FROM HIS ORIGINAL INCEPTION INF FUCKING MYTHOLOGY he has BETRAYED PEOPLE.

What a marvelous cunt you are.

Goddamn, that is some badass shit.

It's a shit character then.
>but muh comics
Kill yourself

who the hell carreessss

I come from the future to bring you KINO

I also bring news that DC is back!!

first rotten MCU flick, calling it now

>loki befriends and betrays thor
>again

i feel like i've already seen this movie

is ragnarok a giant evil cloud?

However this one I might actually watch
Seems like some REAL silly shit, hopefully there's at least a couple good scenes on Sakaar with the Green Scar and the Brood of Broodworld

70%+ so that makes it really a 45% when you take away Disney's bribe reviews

So when is he getting the hammer back? Id even take the ultimate version

>Thanos then prepares to launch his campaign to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet.
Hasn't that happened already in like 5 movies? Do people even care to see that again?

So Ragnarok doesn't actually happen? Why call it Ragnarok then?

>Thanos then prepares to launch his campaign to assemble the Infinity Gauntlet.
This happens in every fucking movie he showed up at the end of.

His comic book sacrifice was actually pretty well done. The whole run was great (written by JMS):

>It's been a few years since Ragnarok and all the Norse gods are presumed dead
>Turns out Thor managed to undo/stop (I forget) the Cycle and the gods are alive, only amnesiac and trapped in human forms
>Thor gets back to earth and frees his brethren
>Sick of Loki's shit, he refused to free him, because comics Thor is actually a competent hero
>Loki predicted this, and so took over Sif's (Thor's old GF) body "by accident" so when Thor tried to free her he freed him instead
>Loki promises he's changed after the whole end of the world thing and Thor doesn't really want to kill him since he hasn't done anything wrong yet so he gives him a chance
>Loki spends the next few years subtly manipulating events behind the scenes, resulting in Thor being banished, Odin trapped in Muspelheim, Thor's grandpa Bor dead, and Balder ruling over a weak and divided Asgard
>meanwhile Loki's made deals with Doom, Mephisto, Hela, Osborn and pretty much every other notable magical and/or criminal entity for power, influence and favors, from running false flag attacks to hiring god-killing wights to becoming super-immortal
>end-game of legitimately ruling Asgard as the new Allfather is almost there
>plan goes pear-shaped when Osborn goes mad and attacks Asgard
>no matter, we're gods, we can beat his band of villains
>turns out Osborn was trying to manipulate an insane reality warper and only pushed him over the edge
>Loki is forced to watch his home and his family die at the hands of some insane abomination
>has a breakdown, finally realizes all his scheming and powerplays have caused nothing but pain and misery to everyone, himself included
>dies to save Asgard

And he ended up staying as dead as possible for Marvel Norse gods - his next incarnation (think a more severe Time Lord mechanism) was vastly different and genuinely heroic (and hated the old him).

>what so the apocalypse doesn't happen in x-men apocalypse

>why call it apocalypse?!
>I totally thought that they would all die in this comic book movie!

but maybe thor does die

>avengers has been filming for months now
>he hasn't been anywhere they are filming

It's clearly named for the villain, you ninny.

Infinity War just started filming like a week ago. Besides, Thor and Hulk are the most OP characters in the MCU, so it makes sense that they're saving them for later.

He wouldn't be the god of mischief if everyone around him wasn't a fucking moron.

Actually, that describes BvS to the T.

Thor and Hulk won't be in part 1 until the very end where the avengers are getting stomped and they miraculously come to rejoin them and save the day setting up for part 2 with the full team

screencap this