Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZObLwDczJAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lvJizDuNobs
youtube.com/watch?v=fbFgxucxVcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

With Katana.

She's got mah back

Change the channel.

kill the stupid kids that work for him, he can't do shit himself.

gABAGOOL up his baghoul

Call Vincent D'Onofrio on skype

ID RECOMMEND NAWT GETTIN KEELED BAI HER

Doesnt he play guitar in slipknot?

tell me what i'm looking at here my autistic friend

Give him a guitar or drum set

kek

>slipknot

Is that Jack White?

Nope, it's Gerard Way

is this the crow

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

The power of friendship.

First thing I thought

Kill yourself before he can get before you

The kids are ghosts and he probably has hundreds more than the movies show seeing how he's an ancient pre-biblical demon

That's the other dude

Can I get a synthesized gabagool and bughuul may may? Anyone?

This stupid fucker killed the movie for me. Before that the snuff films were 2spoopy.

OFFICIAL WORST DEATH RANKINGS:
1. Lawn Work
2. BBQ
3. Pool Party
4. Family Hanging Out
5. Sleepy Time

The rats were pretty bad.

the first 30 minutes of this movie were genuinely unsettling. then slipknot guitarist shows up and everything goes full retard.

Totally forgot about sinister 2. Rats would definitely be up there

agreed, I was hoping it was something not supernatural
but I did like the ending, I was expecting ethan hawke to talk his daughter out of killing him

Baguul's design ruined the film for me.
In the very beginning it's genuinely creepy at a distance. However he looks like Micheal Jackson up close.

At the very last scene of the film when he shows up to abduct the guy's daughter I bursted out laughing because it looked like Michael Jackson abducting a kid.

Bagul from the film Sinister. Basically a slender man rip off who feeds off the souls of children and lives through symbols and pictures (memes).

The first film is decent horror film that emerged during a desert of shit horror when it came out, notable for it's disturbing "home movie" segments depicting children murdering their families but the design of the antagonist was always the films weakest element.

Literally call the cops and let them handle it. That's how it worked in the movies.

nice

Do you need to burn every image of his likeness or do you need to forget everything about him too?

>He probably has hundreds
He doesn't, the expert guy states that he feeds on their souls over time. Notice the ghost kids look like they're breaking apart, he's feeding off them and it's implied they'll eventually fade away.

Their only purpose is to scare the families out of the house and thus allow the tape collection to move.

To stop his bullshit you simply hold your ground and prevent the targeted kid from watching the tapes as much as possible.

As for their magic sedative shit who knows, the film doesn't say where they get it, just that it glows green.

who here posted on Spill before it got bought out? these guys were always pretty underrated kino critics. the guy who wrote the film was a regular on the show. maybe there is hope for us shitposter

Isn't it just husband, wife and kids style families that he targets?
None of us are in danger.

It's amazing how the BBQ filmed seeped into my subconscious and stayed there despite it not being remotely graphic, was that the music's doing?

Sinister was literally the greatest horror movie I'd ever seen.

Until this fucker showed up

>Sinister could've been the GOAT horror we deserve if it had been in the hands of better writers

No, it was the design and stupid third act that ruined the movie.

The demon was fine.

How to fix Bagul

>He can keep the no-face bu give him the outline of a creepy witch grin
>Replace the suit with a black rain coat or something similar
>pilgrim hat.

They were already partially ripping off Blade from puppet master, might as well take the extra mile.

I PUSHED MY FINGERS INTO MY

EEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

ITS THE ONLY THING
THAT SLOWLY STOPS THE AAAAACHE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZObLwDczJAQ

How to fix Bagul

>give him Corey Taylor's mask design

way scarier and more fitting for a horror movie with kids

never seen it

>he could have looked even worse
>the people who made this movie were only barely not retarded enough to do this

How to fix the Bagul situation

1. Drop Bagul altogether
2. Have the kids motives have something to do with a secret town cult
3. Make Ethan Hawke's hallucinate the whole Bagul thing, due to alcohol/depression/shock

GOOGLE IMAGES

How to fix baghuul
1. Drop Baghuul
2. Provide no concrete motive for the murders at all
3.???

youtube.com/watch?v=lvJizDuNobs

this was pretty funny

ASS

>Drop the Bagul idea

There was nothing wrong with the idea, considering it was basically stolen from Slenderman.

Given the whole evil meme plot, it could have made a decent slenderman film assuming they held back on some of the over top elements (Back tentacles, noticeable suite)

Tall skinny faceless guy would have worked, replace the ancient demonic idea with local legend or something.

As soon as shit got all paranormal, the movie became UNBELIEVABLY cheesy.

>BUT WHY!?

The biggest issue in all of horror, if you don't have some explanation people hate the film even though the unknown is the root of horror.

If it was up to me, they'd be no supernatural being behind it. Maybe a psuedo-paranormal cult that requires a child to kill their families if it was my screenplay.

Exactly. Otherwise, anything can happen in horror movies if the paranormal are involved. I like horror based in reality

normally I roll my eyes at armchair writing fixes like this but this is pretty spot on.

Honestly the movie is only barely holding on by a thread before shit starts getting stupid. It's derivative as hell and you can tell the people making it had only the tiniest hold on whatever craft or subtlety made it into the film. There are so many moments where could have dropped the shitty violins from the soundtrack, or had things move slowly rather than suddenly, but they decided to eschew plausibility entirely for cheap (and these days ineffective) shit.

kill him when he's screaming at the camera

Not liking this hate boner for the supernatural, since the unknown and irrational cause fear.

The problem with modern western horror is that they explain to much and shove it in your face.

Ghost kids jumping around isn't scary, scary comes from what you can't see; it comes from implications.

I don't hate the supernatural theme, its just Sinister had the chance to catch everyone off-guard. The murders, the missing children, the symbols - it all could have been conjecture towards something that is reality, it didn't need to go the supernatural route.

Sure, something like Nightmare or Insidious, its obviously the work of supernatural beings. I hoped that with all the home videos, modern technology what have you, the answer at the end of the movie wasn't going to be something supernatural, like a 300 yr old demon.

I didn't mind how ir started. The tapes and shit were genuinely creepy as fuck. I just think they should have dealt with the demon guy better. It was creepy when so little was known, but it quickly lost its spookiness throughout the movie.

Too bad he never learned how to work a lightswitch

Do a 360 and turn off the VCR.

>That music sting in Lawn Work

What would you have preferred it to be?

bump

Keked so hard got throwed out of my lecture.

Carlyle wrote Doctor Strange, so bringing up the fact that he worked on this shitty movie is a bit like burying the lead.

Also Carlyle has made appearances both on Korey's site and Chris' site to promote Dr. Strange. It felt like old time.

warm his icy heart with a hot island song

Lawn work still gives me nightmares

No, we're supposed to cool his hot heart with a cool island song

Used to watch that shit all the time back in 08

it stays in my mind too. That music was creepy as fuck

I don't have any children for him to go after, and if I found a box of old film reels and a 100 year-old camera in my attic I'd just throw them in the trash.

Checkmate

The moment when Bughuul's image just glanced at the guy while he was looking away from the screen was great. Probably the best "oh shit it's paranormal" reveal I've seen.

>scary comes from what you can't see; it comes from implications

As soon as the Boards of Canada music starts it turns to fucking shit. The retarded kids running around the house scene even though Ethan Hawke does not see them is terrible as well.

>BBQ
>that music

>The problem with modern western horror is that they explain to much and shove it in your face.
>scary comes from what you can't see; it comes from implications.

heh

It's weird how the movie itself had retarded goofy jump scares, yet the 8mm films were genuinely spooky and well done. Were those made by a different group of people?

ncie argument

i don't even remember what he was but i dont want to rewatch this movie because the snuff shit was too spooky

not terrible ideas

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Wash his face with good soap.
He'll feel like a human again and stop niggering around.

no one else like the Christmas one?

Well not posting images of him would be a good start.

youtube.com/watch?v=fbFgxucxVcM

FPBP

Call John Matrix

>ywn nut on Katana's back

You don't need to drop the Bagul, just don't go through the ridiculous process of skype professor teaching the guy about the ghost that's haunting him, because it's retarded. Also get rid of the ghost kids because that's shit, although you can keep them for scenes like the kids being indoctrinated to give a physical example of the corruption process, just don't let them appear more than maybe twice, and they should only ever be in scenes where the Bagul is trying to lure the family's kids.

Instead of Bagul eating kids or whatever dumb shit it did, instead you can make it so that the kids literally become the next Bagul after they give in to the murder ritual, where the current Bagul is the previous kid who killed their family all grown up. You can have scenes where the adult child shows up innocuously to the house for whatever reason, and then he gets his photo taken at some point when Ethan Hawke becomes suspicious of him, only to reveal his form captured on film is the Bagul.

End the film with the Bagul's plan being foiled and the guy it possessed being killed, here you can have some supernatural shit happen but nothing crazy, try to keep the Bagul's power grounded in reality since he can only manifest in flesh and blood humans, but with his main hook being that he can hypnotize the kids into doing what he wants to an extent, making them his accomplices for the final scene, where the kids break his control at the same time and turn on him with whatever weapons they had, except for the daughter, but keep that subtle so it's not readily apparent she didn't break the Bagul curse. The last scene can be the family at a new home, with Ethan Hawke getting a phone call from some reporter about the pictures they took of the family, where the daughter had some strange distortion effect on her face in every photo taken. Cut to a reaction shot of Ethan Hawke's face as the camera pulls away to show the daughter behind him with a hammer. End.

Leave the Bagool to us.

WE ARE THE PULSE OF THE MAGGOTS

In this case just get Grant Morrison to fuck his shit up

the lawnmower scene is honestly one of the most well executed jump scares i've ever seen. i haven't been startled like that in years.

the barbeque and pool scenes were also creepy as fuck. there's a really good horror film somewhere in sinister, unfortunately it's buried amongst a bunch of campy supernatural shit. they should have committed to the the serial killer idea.

I feel like the set up of having the tapes is such a good basis for a movie and scary as fuck. But then there's just not a great way to resolve it. Supernatural ended up a bit cheesy. But I have a hard time imagining it would have been much better as just some weird old guy who follows families around and kills them. Idk

i think a reason that scene worked so well is because the film makes it fairly obvious every time there's a "scare" coming up with audio cues and shot framing and whatnot. the lawn tape creates a flase sense of security since it's the 3rd or 4th tape we see, but then it hits like a train

What are some other potential masterpieces ruined by incompetent writers or directors?