Why did Stanley Kubricks arguably best film "Eyes Wide Shut" receive such lukewarm reviews while even his worst flick...

Why did Stanley Kubricks arguably best film "Eyes Wide Shut" receive such lukewarm reviews while even his worst flick, "A Clockwork Orange" is lauded by critics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QXkLB2eI-rY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Americans are triggered by nudity and orgies

They killed him then edited the movie into something that wasn't his original vision.

ITT: pink team players

Jews didn't like that they were being exposed in EWS
But they liked the promotion of degeneracy in ACO

you are an fag m8

But the unedited version exists too

the ((((unedited)))) version

you have to admit its strange he died right when he was finishing a project with that type of story... the movie does seem...incomplete.. it is one of my favorite films by him

because the critics are right- EWS is mehh and ACO is genius

what didn't you like about EWS? It's my favorite Kubrick movie but I'm also a plen who can't articulate my thoughts. I just think it's beautifully shot and says interesting things about sex that many people (like me) are uncomfortable with.

ACO wasn't received too well either when it came out. EWS will be rightly appreciated as one of his best soon enough.

Friendly reminder that most of Kubrick films takes place in the same universe: Kubrickverse.

Part of the Kubrickverse
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut

And maybe:
Dr Strangelove.

it is almost three hours about guy who can get himself to cheat on his wife. I am not saying it is bad but these are the facts

Oh shit it went over your head. Watch the end again.

Why do manlets go for taller women? it never works

I'll never understand the hate A Clockwork Orange gets on here, is it because of all the British """""Comedy""""" elements?

>>>>>/cracked/

It's a shitty film that this board only likes because they think it makes them superior and their opinions interesting.

I think some people over on Reddit said they liked it, so now we have to label it edgy garbage even though it's a great film.
Welcome to nu-Sup Forums...

Best cinematography
Best soundtrack
Most redpilled story

What story?

Yeah it was probably an illuminati conspiracy ews is actually a documentary and im definitely not a fucking retard

Watch the movie you idiot.

The shills are in full force in this thread.

>haha EWS is a shitty movie it's not even worth your time
>don't question anything
>be a good little goy
>yes goy, Kubrick's death was just a (((coincidence)))

>man walks around New York for two hours

Shill harder, Schlomo. You're not fooling anyone.

The same reason he died almost immediately afterwards

You do realize Kubrick was a jew, be a good goy and watch all his flicks.

Clockwork Orange is shit adaptation of an edgelord novel

thank you
it is edgy garbage

EWS has all the technical and visionary mastery of 2001 but in a psychological drama. The only comparable film I can think of is Mulholland Drive, and EWS makes that film look fucking linear

He hated jews though. He loathed Spielberg.

because it had two of the biggest stars in the world at the time

>loathed Spielberg
>Hands over production of a project to him after realizing it was more suited to his approach as a film maker

and that was done before he died before you try to say The Illuminati were nice enough to give Spielberg the script or some shit

>It's an everybody bases Kubrick's personality and methods entirely around the production of The Shining episode

>Sup Forums hates A Clockwork Orange
good thing I come here for laughs and not serious discussion of movies.

Spielberg literally owned Hollywood at that time (check any cartoon from this era they all have Spielberg name on it). You couldn't say him no.

Don't blame them, they know not what they do

>You couldn't say him no

What did he mean by this?

read the book you cuck

I have it's almost word for word the same apart from the ending and somehow I don't think Sup Forums hate it because it changed the ending from the book

>an out of shape man in his 70's dies of a heart attack after working on a massive project for 18 months

No, Moloch definitely snuck into his house and kicked the shit out of him

Here are some #FACTZ:

>Stanley stumbled upon horrific cases of dark, sinister jewry throughout his work in Hollywood and with government
>while digging through tons of papers while researching for his kino he learned of many historical forgeries, the biggest of them being Holocaust
>naturally, he became a self-loathing jew
>but at least he managed to keep his power-level hidden until he became old and jaded
>suddenly he started to crack jokes on his own race's expense
>fast-forward to EWS
>there are rumors some fucked up shit is being filmed
>to the point Cruise and Kidman broke up due to the production
>Kubrick is usually allowed the privilege of having Final Cut, so if the bosses suddenly decided to interfere, it'd become very shady
>they kill him instead
>they cut the film and leave out many rape/pedo/sacrifice scenes
>we're left with slow-moving filler scenes that belong on extras instead
>Stanley's daughter is red-pilled ever since

>I have it's almost word for word the same

this is why I didn't like it actually, it was just copy and pasted from the book. Kubrik didn't add anything meaningful, It just wasted 2 hours of my life.

In fairness Kubrick did a lot with the visual style of the film, none of that is in the book

And it's interesting, while also managing to be suspenseful. Fuck you and your plebish opinion.

desu stanley was killed

But, user, it's more interesting to spew conspiracy theories in comparison to accepting his death was a natural one.

>autism is making the set of 2001 actually suitable for space travel

That's not autistic. That's AWESOME!

>Kubrick: me and HAL will live hapilly ever after in space!
>Douglas Rain: I don't want to go to space for real!
>Kubrick: Who the fuck are you?

Somehow I have a feeling that 2001, The Shining and EWS are connected and taking place in the same but different timeline universe.

>arguably best film
That isn't Barry Lyndon, Strangelove or Paths of glory....

Or 2001, Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket for that matter!

>Why did Stanley Kubricks arguably best film "Eyes Wide Shut" receive such lukewarm reviews
been wonderin this since 1999

>1999
I was only 4 years old.

>>>>>/cracked/

Where were the Soviet Union, space tourism, tablets and the advanced A.I. computers in EWS and what is the purpose of those films being set in the same world?

Objective best
Subjective best

People in the late 90's had pleb taste in kino

>muh pulp fiction
>muh shawshank
>muh fight club

Anyone else wish Kubrick didn't fall for the "spend 8 years in pre-production" meme just so we could have a few more films from him?

EWS is fucking trash, you just like it because the scene where she talks about cucking her husband to his face turns you on

In the original cut Cruise and Kidman's characters are forced to sacrifice their own daughter to the organization in order to make amends for their intrusion into the elite world. I heard that the original ending was them giving the girl away to be a whore for future orgies.

Any source on that?? Eyes Wide Shut is a very straightforward adaption of Dream Story

>rent movie back in the day
>expect chilling illuminati shit mixed with an at least 30min long controversial orgy like that one Caligula movie
>get an almost 3 hour long statement that Kidman is a slut

>All Women Are Whores, No Exceptions: the Motion Picture

Wow Kurbick so insightful figuring out things we've all known for centuries

Sup Forums hates it because Alex didn't drug and rape 10 years olds like in the book.

There is said to be a deleted scene where Alice and Helena go horseback riding, which might be kind of interesting since horseback riding is suggested to be a sexual metaphor, at least on film.

There's claimed to be another scene where Bill is at the party and he stumbles upon an empty ceremonial room. It seems likely that there were other rituals and sacrifices involved. His concern for Helena doesn't make a lot of dramatic sense otherwise.

Tall women are the best thing ever.
I wish I was a manlet just to be easier to find women taller than me.

>slow-moving filler scenes
EWS is a masterpiece as it stands

if Kubrick was killed and some producer had final cut privleges on the film and restructured the entire thing from his own vision, that man is a genius

>"""some""" people
You mean 100% of the numale geeks out there that wear t-shirts referencing both ACO and Mario Brothers at the same time?

fuck you

He meant that if you ever approached Spielberg and blurted out "himno", he would punch you in the face and you'd probably get barred from getting any jobs on Hollywood.

>letting obnoxious fans of a work affect your own opinion of it

grow a spine

>Barry Lyndon
One of the biggest Sup Forums memes.

>Subjective best
Nigga GTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=QXkLB2eI-rY

>source on rumors and conspiracies
You want hard proofs of 9/11 too?

>backtracking

If someone's too much of a retard and end up loving a piece of work, that piece of work isn't so brilliant at all.

>just want to read some film analysis of EWS
>it's literally all timecube.org levels of schizophrenia

>implying I'm the same user
I don't know what you're expecting from people browsing a board of child actor worship, but if you want sources or facts, you should seek another site altogether.

>where were the Soviet Union,
In Eastern Europe.

>space tourism, tablets and the advanced A.I.
In space and space port, for rich and wealthy people only

>what is the purpose of those films being set in the same world?
They carrie messages, analyse and easter eggs. And they just take place in the same universe: Kubrickverse.

Fun fact: Kubrick shot a staged moon landing, but the government didn't use it. It was a backup in case the moon landing failed. That's why he got those fancy NASA cameras for 2001.

>muh Sup Forums
>muh "word" muh
>muh dubs
>muh memes

>rich and wealthy people only
>EWS is literally about an Illuminati doctor

Tarantinoverse is so epic xD

So who was the girl that sacrificed herself to save Tom Cruise?

Obviously it wasn't the OD whore from the beginning. I figured it was the taller girl who wanted a threesome with him at the original party.

Obviously it was the OD whore from the beginning

>Obviously
The threesome one have no reason at all to save him. If it wasn't the OD one, it was the hooker he almost shags.

The OD whore would just be too simplistic. Nothing in the movie is obvious, why would his savior be the most obvious available person? Just wouldn't fit with the rest of the movie.

Forgot about that hooker. Guess it could be her. The threesome girl talks extremely highly of him from when she met him at a photoshoot and he offered her his handkerchief, she seems almost in love with him

That woman was British... The woman who helped him was not using a British voice.

The fact that your questioning who it was shows that it's still ambiguous while also clearly being the OD whore, not everything in the film has to be overcomplicated

reddit's jimmies rustled

What are some examples of his daughter being red pilled?

>Hollywood elites are triggered by nudity and orgies

fixed

To be fair, a lot o "average" americans still think that nipples are offensive.

Give Kubrickverse a chance and you see it will be epic!

>Is a scientologist
>redpilled

kek

>an Illuminati doctor
>implying that a "Illuminati" doctor has interest in space and space travelling.

Kubrick has more than one daughter.

>tfw tall woman and can't find a tall alpha who is into me, only beta orbiters who are about the same height