Just bought the Voyager box sets. Just breezed over the synopsis. This is going to be the best $220 I've ever spent

Just bought the Voyager box sets. Just breezed over the synopsis. This is going to be the best $220 I've ever spent.

>Dat Maquis and Federation tension
>Dat diverse cast of rookies, non-Starfleet members, holograms, Borg and new aliens
>Dat feeling of isolation and desperation of a crew of lost travelers
>Dat potential for character development and varying relationships among the crew
>Dat development on the Borg that is likely to ensue

This is going to be the best ride through a piece of science-fiction ever. I can't fucking wait!

Other urls found in this thread:

watch-series.ac/serie/star_trek:_voyager
startreklist.blogspot.com/2011/04/list-of-all-star-trek-episodes-sorted_05.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you think SK and I

OFFICIAL STAR TREK POWER RANKINGS

1, Deep Space 9
2. Voyager
3. Enterprise
4. TNG
9001. TOS
9000000001. Reboot movies

True lost in space Kino.

>that comfy as fuck 2 part episode where they go back in time and visit earth

isnt it all on netflix?
doesnt netflix cost less than 220?

You spent $220 on a boxset?

A better question: isn't it all on torrent trackers?

>star trek
>trekking in space through the stars
>have star ships

>DS9
>space station
>no trekking
>pleb thinks its the best one

Dude, it's ALL over the internet. Here, entire show..

watch-series.ac/serie/star_trek:_voyager

i think it's even on winms

Im new to Star Trek. Currently going through TNG and loving it. Questions though:

With all the series' seeming (to me) so different in quality and themes what is the ideal "Star Trek" show or movie? What would the emphasis be on as far as themes, importance of character relationships, character development? How much does sci fi even matter in a good Trek series or movie? With the way the reboot movies have been is Discovery going to be a watered down space drama?

Reminder that Enterprise season 3 is what Voyager should have been.

my only experience with star trek is the original pilot and that one episode where that lady in the picture turns into a lizard

should i pick up the rest of the series?

is there a site that tells me where movies fit in?

like can i watch wrath of khan before i finish TOS or how much next generation do i have to watch before i see nemesis

startreklist.blogspot.com/2011/04/list-of-all-star-trek-episodes-sorted_05.html?m=1

>anything above TNG, let alone Voyager and Enterprise
Don't be so obvious, user.

oh cool thanks user

Not him but TNG is so fucking bland.

tos is better than tng. that's it though

can we just agree all the star trek series are SUPER fucking comfy and basically the best space based tv shows ever?

not anymore apparently

DS9 and VOY kids have to shitpost every thread

what was the federation's tax policy?

nah, voyager and enterprise are objectively shit. also ds9 isn't that great either

Season 4 was what it should ENT should have been. Season 3 was needed coming off of S1 and 2, but it was a detour in terms of the overarching concept of the show being a prequel.

>Refuse to watch DS9
>Criticise it based on the poster
When will brainlets learn?

>dude they gave them a ship by season 3 when the ratings were already plummeting it's literally totally legit

Actually it has the most exploration of all series in the early seasons because IT'S SITUATED RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING WORMHOLE

can't believe I'm falling for this bait

>OMG DUDE DS9 IS THE BEST SERIES HAS LITERALLY EVERYTHING MORE THAN ANY SERIES DUDEEEE!

why are you fags so obnoxious

>It's a that one anti-DS9 fag cries out in pain as he strikes you thread.

Did a space station touch you as a child?

>implying boxsets are bad
>hasn't seen this little beauty
Some of us want a tangible thing, user.

Best show:
>TNG
Best film:
>Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home
Themes:
>ranging from the bond of freindship, dealing with change, dealing with death, questions of self, questions of what life means, family, greater goods(?) if they exist, collective working together with a team, various philosophical scenarios that test the resolve of your cast of colorful characters and change them on emotional levels through their travels in space.

Basically a character study on the human condition and all of the stresses that push otherwise good men to make hard decisions.

Show could have been the descent into immorality where the ends justify the means, like
> Year of hell episode
> That episode where they come across another Starfleet ship harvesting some alien critters for fuel

Could have ended with them arriving home but Janeway being arrested as a war criminal

Instead it was bland as fuck

>TNG is so fucking bland.
Christ, what a terrible opinion.

>Having to change discs in the middle of the movie
It's like it's 1991 again

>not being too fat to get the fuck up and change a disc between a nearly 4 hour movie.

it's part of the experience, like turning pages when reading books

Then why don't the theatrical cuts have an intermission?

What's this kind of response called? Where you don't address the point you just say you're too poor/fat/stupid/ugly for x? Argument from being a woman?

>download them all recently
>good start
>it's a neelix episode
>it's a chakotay spirit quest episode
>it's a klingon chick gets angry episode
>retarded kazon episodes
>skip to all borg encounter episodes
>watch the last episode
>delete all episodes

>thinking crying about changing a disc is an actual argument

Best episodes are with The Doctor, Seven and whenever Janeway throws a fit and blows up space station or kills her enemies while her brainwashed crew sits and watches the carnage unfold.

#can'tsegwaytheJaneway

>still using books

her voice is unbearable.

You're clearly an absolute goddamned retard so I'll make this clearer: we have the technology to fit it all on a disc, but they don't, that's indicative of it being a terrible quality release that isn't worth your money. They tricked you. They totally raped your wallet, and here you are defending them.

You're a cuck, basically.

Something wrong with books now? How are diapers? So weird, right? XD like, ewww we are big boys already!

I don't think you understand how disc space works on something as massive as a 1080p r hour film in surround sound and nearly 6 hours of bonus material.

You are a fucking idiot if you think that boxset was a scam.

>not using e-readers
>not using tablets
>being so averse to new technologies while watching a sci-fi show

I find her unbelievably sexy in in old Hollywood way.

>people still fall for this copypasta

They didn't have to put the extras on the same disc as the movie you retard, and if they didn't they could have fit the movie on one disc.

Terrible quality release.

I have a book collection user, one that I have collected over the years. It brings me joy to have my classics. Fuck off. Having tangible books in your life is important.

>bland sets
>bland characters besides Picard and Data
>Roddenberry's ridiculous "no conflict between characters" rule means zero drama amongst the cast, the very foundation of drama

>keeps calling me a retard
>has literally no idea what he us talking about
Blurays aren't magic, the more shit you burn on a disc, the more likely the quality of the file will dip. Every disc has a sweet spot.

Everything else you said is just you being a ridiculous sheltered faggot.

Oh, so you didn't actually watch it? Gotcha.

Is there anyone else that finds Siskos lack of facial expressions and weird line delivery very off putting?

He's right you know, you can fit 4 hours on a blu ray disc, you should google it.

Yes, it is what puts me off of DS9

Nobody says you can't, literally not the point...

It's realistic. That's how Avery Brooks really talks because that's what that class of very well educated black power negroes tend to sound like.

It's also theatrical, and Picard and Kirk didn't exactly sound like the sort of people we see on TV either.

She literally did a literally did a biopic on Katherine Hepburn who shares the same smoker's larynx.

Wow, so very sexy. Can't wait to taste the nicotine coating her tongue.

What are you fucking saying here?

Theres just something about it that makes me unable to watch DS9, and i never had that problem with Picard.

>seven of nine's outfit was so tight it made the actress pass out constantly

still the hottest though.

Nice jojo reference

>Explore an entire new quadrant in the Galaxy through a wormhole
>Not trekking like the trekkest Trekkie can trek