Why is Russia even considered a European country?

Why is Russia even considered a European country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchy_of_Moscow
reference.com/geography/continent-russia-located-cf555e85dd1bbc87
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky#Violent_controversies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchy_of_Moscow

Most "russians" aren't even russian, but tatars, turks, mongols etc. who were russified during soviet gommunism

Because they don't really fit anywhere else.

What are we supposed to call them, Asians?

The real crime is that Turkey thinks it's European.

Well most of Russia is in Asia.

Russians west of the Volga are european as fuck. Share a lot of intimate history with yurop, fought in many wars with and against yurop, has a lot of legitimate claim to being yuropean (bretty gud tier architecture, art, philosophy). Heavily influenced by yuropeans.

I don't know why it wouldn't be yuropean. Except that whole commie revolution thing that happened a century ago. East of the Volga it starts to turn to shit, but nobody cares about that part.

Who cares

The vast majority of the population is west of the Urals. The east is mostly wilderness.

Why don't they just abandon the East and let a new country form? It's not like anyone lives there anyway. It's worthless land, really.

But nobody lives there

Both Turkey and Russia are European.

Being European is about culture and history, not geography. Israel, for example, is European as well, and it in no way has any land in the geographical region of Europe. One could make the argument that even the US is European, but perhaps they have strayed too far away from what constitutes European-ness.

>"Russia is a European state"

Was she right, Sup Forums, or was she just a Prussian infiltrator trying to turn these asiatic barbarians into real Europeans?

There is no such thing as too much land.
There is no such thing as enough land.
Wherever I am I must liberate.

Lots of people live there
And if it's worthless land then it's a bigger reason for russia to keep it

>turkey is european
>israel is european
kill yourself
Israeli people have always lived in the middle east

most of the people live in the blue area

>worthless land
Resources and space to expand.

Because we are white.

catherine a cute!!!

She was a Mongolboo and wanted the Khanic dick.

same reason they won't let go of the caucasus

Russia is a glorified gas station

>what is Eurasia

>Israeli people have always lived in the middle east

Can you make a convincing argument as to why that in any way means they are not culturally European, and therefore not European at all; or as to why geographical location should decide what qualifies as European and what not?

And no, a lot of Israelis have ancestry in Europe.

>Turkey is european
>US strayed too far
Full off gastarbeiterkind, turkey tried to be european for a while and now has returned to being muslim.

Russia isn't a conventional nation state in the way that the Netherlands or Costa Rica or Japan are (for example)

The Russian federation is basically a European colonial empire in a modernised contemporary guise

Because the best Part is in europe

The mongol muslim Part is asian

Mostly sephardics do
Plus, turkish people have originated from central asia, I doubt they're european in any way
When they arrived in anatolia they mixed heavily with persians, anatolians and way later with greeks.
The only ones that look european are the ones that live in the western coastlines and pontus (those are greeks though)

Having whites living in your country does not make your country European.
Holding onto a toehold of mainland Europe from a country that has always been regarded as Asia, and is populated with non-Europeans, does not make your country European.

Ok here's why Russia is European:

-Russia began in Europe, they only conquered Asian parts 400 years ago.
-Ethnic Russians (slavs) are obviously Europeans.
-About 80% of the Russian population lives in the European part, also Moscow is in Europe

Turkey is European in only geography ...Kind of.

Russia is European both in Geography and Culture.

This post does not state anything that stands in contrast to my post.

Like I said, I think it is neither geography nor even genetics that are important in what makes a country European; I think far more important are culture and history shared with other European nations.

Majority who lives in Asian parts are White European Russians. Russia is not stupid to fill it with chinks and risk the chances of them rebelling for independence.

I don't see why anyone would want to associate themselves with Europa. Being European now means being degenerate libertard cuck.

>Why is Russia even considered a European country?
Because it's head is in Europe, the rest is snowy icy desert, forest, and a few small subjets of our empire who still are integrated into our culture which is pretty western.

Because most of its population, culture, history is concentrated in the blue part, which is geographically considered as Europe.

> it is neither geography nor even genetics that are important in what makes a country European
are you fucking serious?
well, let's see
history:
turks emigrated from central asia

culture:
they're muslims that flip flop on if theyre europeans or not every fucking second

Population distribution.

We're in Europe, the rest is our resources, metals, minerals, and strategic defence posts to guard it.

Because they are?

Wrong, with the global warming, Russia will be the country with the largest superficy of fertile land. The Russian grand east is also rich in gas, a growing source of energy for cargo ships (most of the global trade) for instance.

Because Russian nation formed in Europe. Only in later 17 century Russia expand into Siberia and Central Asia.

Russians are Europeans who expanded into Asia. Turks are Asians who expanded into Europe.

Because 90% of its population lives in the blue area.

This thread is shit, and you should feel bad.

God I hate when Australians, Americans and anybody out of Europe is preaching to us who is what and shit like that. Russians are Europeans. Everything about them is European. From culture to architecture.

Half of those republics are rightful clay of the Finno-Mongol Khanate

If any Russians can answer...

What is the superior city, Moscow or St. Petersburg?

And is there any place else in Russia worth visiting than those 2 cities?

What about the multiple wars the Ottoman Empire had with Europe? What about the Ottoman Empire's policies being in a way more humanistic and liberal regarding freedom of religion etc. than those of the "real" Europe? What about Ataturk's attempt at a colossal cultural shift?

Now, I'm willing to concede that Turkey is culturally split between the Arab and the European world; but not much else. I would not be ready to proclaim that Turkey is not even an iota European simply because they have Arab elements in their culture and genetical constitution.

I'm so glad Europeans ended up with all that clay rather than the Chinese or the Japs

To live in it's Moscow
For tourism and visiting - Petersburg, well moscow is also good.
If anything else is worth time i don't know it.

>real Europeans

"whole commie revolution thing" was conceived by contemporaries as European progressive stuff. Marx wasn't russian. It was all European ideas given flesh by European money.

>rightful clay
>Mongol
I suppose Italy belongs to the moors?

I really dont Know
Just Like turkey

>Resourceless
>Oil
>Natural Gas
>Uranium

>It's worthless land

What a dumb shit you are.

Russia is by far the richest country in the world when it comes to natural resources, and water is their most valuable resource.

And wtf does "abandon the east" means exactly? Write off the land to some other country?

holy shit you are fucking stupider than sarah palin's mongoloid baby

>let me use a pic from a soccer game ad calling homosexuals sick, that'll show them how much of a cuck they are

it isn't you stupid fuck, only tiny bit of russia is in europe.

historically speaking turkey is the most anti european country in the world.

it's the only country adjacent to europe that has solely and consistently caused europe harm.

Iran had multiple wars with europe
Umayyad had multiple wars with europe

Ataturk failed

what the fuck dude this is basic shit

80% of Russia's population is in the blue part. Get over it, the Russians are European whether you like it or not.

he is irish, what do you expect?

It all depends where the capitol leis. If it's on European soil it's European country, if it's on Asian it's Asian. Since Moscow is in Europe, Russians are Europeans.

You are not negating any of my arguments.

For someone like Ataturk to happen there had to be at least some European elements in Turkish culture.

And I don't remember Iran being involved in World War I (besides being used as battle ground) and the Umayyads even still existing.

You might as well say that Germany isn't a European country as well, then.

>that pic
I like his chutzpah.

Thank you, cap

>Tuva
axaxaxa!

The ottomans don't exist now either
Dude what the fuck
Lots of european-philes exist in many countries
Lots of people that want to adjust their country to european values exist in the middle east
Ataturk succeeded.. for a while
And Iran was involved in ww1 and ww2, dismissing it as a battle ground is stupid

Is it anymore?

try using google next time if you don't know the answer to some question before going to Sup Forums i know it's summer and schools are closed but still Sup Forums isn't a kindergarden, if teacher is not available on summer go google things you useless kids.
reference.com/geography/continent-russia-located-cf555e85dd1bbc87

>East Slavs
>Thinking they're Eurasian

Because a lot of it is in Europe, you fucking idiot.

So Russians are asians?

They're about as european as Ottomans :^)

Please liberate us (again).

>abandoning clay

Being such a worthless backwater i suppose it's natural a potatonigger wouldn't understand the concept of imperium.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky#Violent_controversies
He is a true madman

germany is not only in the heart of europe (geographically), but has also played a central role in european science, art, philosophy, and overall culture.

turkey has absolutely no cultural relevance with europe, apart from lending some european countries a few cooking recipes and a very limited vocabulary.

its not by chance that the only thing turks have to boast about is their rapebabies.
if you think about it, that's turkey's one and only accomplishment and contribution to europe.

turkey's relevance in the world stage is limited to being used by the USA as a buffer state between Russia and the rest of europe.

Stop saying "dude, what the fuck" as if you were some kind of enlightened being.

And yes, it is true that the Ottomans don't exist anymore. But what developed out of them was the culturally more European state of Turkey which even abandod the Arabic alphabet in favour of a Latin one, for example

>Lots of people that want to adjust their country to european values exist in the middle east

Yeah, but not a lot of them succeed in overthrowing the current system and being father to a republic that in - at least in principle - upholds western values.

Like I said, I will concede that Turkey is split between being Arab and being European, but I am not ready to go any further, because doing that would not make any sense.

And even today there is still massive opposition to Islamist autocrats like Erdogan, and there has always been and there will always be in Turkey.

Asian Russian from Siberia here (Buryat). Ask me anything.

Is life depressive there? Or is it just a meme?

Your logic was

>it has caused Europe harm
>therefore it is not European

Which would make a lot of European states not-European.

And the rape baby part is just Greek butthurt at its finest.

You were conquered, get over it.

Cause most of the Russian population is living West of the Ural mountains you uneducated jewish nigger piece of shit!

Historically, Russia Proper was considered Europe, while all that shit east of the Urals was basically here be dragons Mongol-tier wasteland full of chinks and tartars and not even really Russia.

It's like say asking in 1955 why Portugal is considered a European country when Portuguese Africa exists and is bigger than its European territory.

Because you are a fucking nigger.

that wasn't my logic

I stated that turkey is the only country adjacent to europe that has solely and consistently caused europe harm

SOLELY
and
CONSISTENTLY

in other words:
turkey has never done good to europe
turkey hasn't contributed SHIT to europe

Germany has.

How do you treat gay people?

>Yeah, but not a lot of them succeed in overthrowing the current system
This is irrelevant either way.
Iran used to be closer (culturally) to europe, it was once ruled by secularism.
What does that make it? An ex-"european" state?
No. It makes it a westernized state.
That's the word you've been looking for, westernized, not european.

>Cause most of the Russian population is living West of the Ural
That is an uneducated opinion.
West of Ural is a fucking forest with bears and a few industrial cities that consist of a factory and commieblocks for workers to live in.
see

That claim is rather difficult to debunk. But I don't think that, even if that were the case, that would necessarily deny Turkey from being culturally European - again, at least partially.

Different word. same meaning.

I am okay with using westernised instead.

But I don't think anyone can deny that there is more European DNA in the Turkish culture than in the Iranian that has developed without a ruler actively forcing it.

speaking of westernized,
is Greece Eastern or Western Europe?
obviously in geographic terms it's eastern, but West European civilization and culture started there, too.

Not him but i know some people who just fucking hate fags.

most of its population lives in the western area

It's a european country that successfully colonized siberia

>That claim is rather difficult to debunk

I welcome anyone here to give me several examples of turkey actually.

there isn't.
The main difference between iran and turkey is in the ruling state.
iran is governed by a fundamentalist state
turkey is governed by a voted autocratic regime
both countries are deeply religious and islamic
note that the only parts of turkey that enjoy even a semblance of freedom (religious or otherwise) are those that were historically predominately Greek. Coincidence?
Everything east of ankara is afghanistan-tier.

Greece is southern europe, and is the birthplace of ALL european culture and science as it has been historically defined and as we know it today.

southern, contrary to normal balkan nations
but we don't tend to keep up with trends, just like spain

>Why is/was Britain considered a European country? They had territories outside of Europe!!

I welcome anyone here to give me several examples of turkey actually helping europe move forward/advance.
Science, philosophy, the arts, anything really.
Name the things turkey gave to europe that made europe a better place.

>Coincidence?

No, cities in coastal areas tend to prosper, and the approximity to Europe made them of course grow more European - naturally. Yet these parts of Turkey are no less Turkish than the more Arab parts, which is why I said Turkey is a split country in that regard.

>I welcome anyone here to give me several examples of turkey actually

I must confess that I do not know too much about the Balkans or their culture or their legal system, and I especially don't know enough to judge what influence the Ottomans had over them and still have to this day, but i reckon that is somewhat considerable - which are the reasons as to why I phrased my statements in the way I did.

Cannons (although those were detrimental too)

t. christened Turk

600 years hurts doesn't it?