FLUID KARMA

>I'm a pimp

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zePfScJNdwo
youtube.com/watch?v=sV4P-F4OUvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's got ham

I was so hyped to see this before it came out but then the reviews hit and I still haven't it to this day.

it sounds like an utter embarassment

You are not a pimp, kill yourself

utter kino

youtube.com/watch?v=zePfScJNdwo

>i can't think for myself
it was a mess, but a fun interesting mess

I think this is the worst movie I've seen

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and literally everyone who sees it says it's a duck, I'm just gonna find a better use of my time.

I also saw The Box and Donnie Darko: DC which just cemented for me that he can't actually direct and DD was a complete fluke.

FLOW MY TEARS

>richard kelly is not ahura mazda come again

read the prequel graphic novels plebs

edgecuck masterpiece

this is why it failed

That was a pretty cool music video.

>literally everyone

honestly loved it, but was a stoner when I first watched it. one of the best soundtracks though, still listen to it

It's a fantastic Philip K. Dick fan film.

Nothing else besides that.
But fun.

will sasso

Watch it. It's much better than The Box and has the same plot as Donnie Darko.

name one good critic who likes it.

>It's much better than The Box and has the same plot as Donnie Darko.

I think it's Kelly's best, but both of these are wrong.

>thinks it's Kelly's best
>yet somehow not better than The Box
???

I think it's Kelly's best, but The Box is a good film and to say it's "much" better is doing the Box a disservice.

youtube.com/watch?v=sV4P-F4OUvM

kino bambino

If it's worse than The Box then how is it Kelly's best?

The Rock's plot (which is the main plot since he's the protagonist) has the exact same time travel mechanics, complete with all the character archetypes described in Roberta Sparrow's book and whatnot. The Rock is the same "time loop closer sacrifice figure" as Donnie. The time travel isn't shown on screen as much as in Donnie Darko, though. You need to read the comic. The main difference is that Kelly heaped on more subplots and supporting characters and gave it a dystopian setting based on the Book of Revelation, which is an unstable time loop universe that needs to be closed to save the real universe, just like in Donnie Darko, although it lasts a lot longer, having diverged from the main timeline with the Texas thing in the beginning.

The Box sucks.

>The Rock is the same "time loop closer sacrifice figure" as Donnie. The time travel isn't shown on screen as much as in Donnie Darko, though. You need to read the comic. The main difference is that Kelly heaped on more subplots and supporting characters and gave it a dystopian setting based on the Book of Revelation, which is an unstable time loop universe that needs to be closed to save the real universe, just like in Donnie Darko, although it lasts a lot longer, having diverged from the main timeline with the Texas thing in the beginning.

You couldn't be more wrong.
It's not a stable time loop or anything. There's no tangent universe nor is there an artifact.

The Box really is carried by Marsden's character's determination and the interplay between him and Diaz, such as him building her a better prosthetic foot so she could dance.

Given that their relationship is the heart of the film, I think it's done very well.

>not understanding southland tales

Read the comic. The Rock's dead body found in the burned-out prototype SUV in the desert is the artifact.

I've read the comic. I fucking OWN the comic.
The dead body isn't the artifact.
The artifact needs to be sent back to the Prime Universe.
The dead body is destroyed in the Megazepplin Explosion.

The movie has time travel as a usage to make Boxer and Roland more tied to Fluid Karma. The scene in the comic where the two are in the maze with the snake symbol.

Fluid Karma is the essence of the world, people, time, and it is not even subtly hinted at being God's presence itself. The more they use Fluid Karma the more they put themselves in a position to becoming the Christ, or in Boxer's case - the Anti-Christ.

Roland is only able to access his full power when he is able to forgive himself for scarring Pilot Abilene. Thus ushering a new kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
In this case, possibly a new perception of time and the universe through fully awakened Fluid Karma he now has control over.

Oh, and "the tattoo that bleeds is the religion that wins".

When Boxer is about to die, the tattoo of Jesus on his back bleeds.
So, yeah, it doesn't have jack shit to do with Donnie Darko's unstable time travel mechanics.

and will sasso

any movie about california faggots is guaranteed to be shit

>Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

It's literally set in an alternative present on a divergent timeline. Everything else fits. It just ramps up the Christianity. Donnie was a Christ figure too. DD even has an Antichrist. The Rock's body is explicitly referred to as "the artifact" and gets autopsied in the past. You're splitting hairs.

Your arguing for a theory that falls apart because how Time Travel works in Donnie Darko is that the artifact needs to be sent to the Prime Universe, and there's all of this other shit that the Philosophy book goes into that doesn't even show up.

And the two roads thing?

That's Roland and Ronald.
Get rid of the L and N.
Spells motherfucking Road.
Kelly wasn't being subtle with this shit.

yuck

Where on the spectrum are you?

Apparently nowhere near as advanced as you are, or however that works.

I'm not going to lie and say that the time travel in both doesn't share some similarities, in form, because even the Box shares the whole "water is a conduit" thing from Donnie Darko.
That's just his aesthetic.

But you're just willfully ignoring the whole Snake God, Angels, Hive Mind, stuff that is more intrinsic to the events of Southland Tales.
And again...the prophecy about Jesus winning the messiah competition.

>why can't lionel trains release a special edition donnie darko freight car?

christopher lambert honestly should have won an oscar for this movie

Dude it has the same basic structure with a different spin on it and some new ideas in the mix. I didn't say it's a 1:1 remake just that the plot is basically the same.

Not really, though.

What you're calling the artifact doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
The thing that matters is whether or not one soul shared between two time displaced bodies touch.

And whether it's the right soul.

Complete patrician master race here; I watched this three times and enjoyed the fuck out of it. It is trippy, mesmerizing and much more intelligent than people give it credit for.
Teen Age Horniness is not Crime!

Together with the graphic novel this is so much better

bro you're sperging for no reason, we're just talking. Boxer Santoros is definitively the antichrist, Stifler is Jesus.

This is proven when Stifler is in the ice cream truck and uses his quantum magic with his quantum brother. You wouldn't understand.

Jesus wins out on the messiah thing because Boxer bleeds that tattoo. We see Boxer in the christ pose from behind at the end of the movie because we as the audience teleport behind him. It's nothing personnel, Box. everyone who watched the movie studied the blade, and if you watched DD again you'd understand that.

>Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the way the world ends. Not with a whimper, but with a bang. But there is hope. In the end we can be reassured by one undeniable truth. Nobody rocks the cock like Krysta Now. And I mean nobody.

No you are the one who is sperging!! It has been 5+ years since I've watched these movies but whatev. Seriously though Southland Tales is a vastly underrated movie. I can't think of another movie so underrated to be honest.

its just a movie dude, relax

haha, you need to get laid bro

This felt like an episode from a tv series.

I rate it 6/10 i liked it.

HOLY SHIT THIS SCENE HIT ME HARD

CALLING IT NOW BALLERS S2 EP4 ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATEST

TOTALLY SHIFTED THE TONE OF THE SHOW MATE

>Southland Tales is a vastly underrated movie.
this.

established a cute

>has the same plot as Donnie Darko.
There are similarities with the time travel and alternative universes and what not, but ST felt much more like Alex Cox's Repoman than like DD.