The Martian

>The Martian
>Gravity
>Interstellar
>Arrival
>and now Life

Can we stop this "A group of astronauts go to space and encounter something unexpected" trend

Most of those movies they encountered exactly what they expected when they went into space though.

Arrival doesn't take place in space you fucking imbecile

>arrival
>astronauts go to space and encounter something unexpected

>can we stop making sci fi?
You moron.

I hope not, considering the fact that I liked all those films

I'd rather not watch movies about astronauts going to space and encountering NOTHING unexpected.

What is it that you want?
A slice-of-life sci-fi movie where nothing bad happens?

I want De Palma to make another space movie

>Back to the Future
>The Princess Diaries
>Star Wars
>The Interview
>Taxi Driver
>The Notebook
>Mad Max
>Buffalo 66

Can we stop this "A character (or characters) encounters a conflict and then has to work to resolve that conflict" trend.

When I first saw the Life trailer it was before I saw the Alien Covenant Trailer, so I thought the Life trailer was the Alien Covenant Trailer

Fuck off OP. We need more space kino.

>A slice-of-life sci-fi movie
That would be cool

>where nothing bad happens?
That doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

In the martian and gravity they didn't encounter something unexpected.

Moon: kino
Interstellar: film
Gravity: movie

Moon is the only one of those worth watching.

Ironically the best story, and the most irritating CGI.

Moon: Clones
Interstellar: Love has the power to travel time and space to change events in the past
Gravity: Motion sickness simulator

gravity is utter dogshit garbage

No, we are going to keep making them until we get a good one

this trend in space movies and more specifically mars is to just generate public interest in the nasa man mission to mars.

MAN do I love movies where there's no conflict whatsoever and everything goes as planned, where nothing unexpected happens.

democrats use alien movies to normalize the term and distract from illegal immigration and genuine government conspiracies

Moon = 2001 A Space Odyssey
Interstellar = Star Trek
Gravity = Star Wars

this might be the most retarded thread i've ever seen on Sup Forums.

and i've seen some dumb shit.

He's talking about the space theme dipshit

MAN do I love movies where astronauts go into space and everything goes as planned, where nothing unexpected happens, where there's no conflict whatsoever.

>Life
This movie pisses me off so much. NOTHING ABOUT IT IS EVEN A LITTLE BIT ORIGINAL

they fucked up releasing those movies the same year life looks identical to alien.

>The Martian
It's just Cast Away, in space

>Gravity
It's a technical beauty, more an visual attraction than a film

>Interstellar
21st century version of 2001

>Arrival
Not in space user, and also a 21st century version of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The only point in common is the theme, the space. Personnaly, i don't mind at all, i love space, but you got to notice that Hollywood is working by "era", and as everybody noticed the capeshit era, few of us noticed this space era.
Just deal with it, it's not gonna last, and also, IF YOU DON'T LIKE SPACE MOVIES, JUST DON'T FUCKIN WATCH SPACE MOVIES

ah yes, because Earth isn't in space

>movie set on the Moon counts as space
>but somehow being set on a planet is not space

But you literally said a group of astronauts which Arrival has nothing do with.

>Movie set on the Moon counts as space.
I don't think so

I would say it counts unless the moon had been terraformed and is completely like earth

are you fucking retarded?

they entered a spaceship
that makes them potential astronauts

Life should be the last one. Studios always see something popular, start making a movie to cash in on the 'trend' a competitor started or is starting and then it fades.

Not sure what the next set of movies will be. I'm thinking monster movie or adventure movie.

>Moon counts as space unless it looks like Earth
>Earth is in space so it counts as space!
So... every movie is a space movie then?

>Arrival
>astronauts go to space

This is the funniest post I've read all week.

I'm saying if the place is so like earth its might as well not be counted as a spaceprogramme

Why?

>Every movie ever made is a space movie now

big if true

you sure seem to be

Whatever has the most box office success is what we're going to have to put up with for the next 3-5 years.

This

Tell other Trends to fuck off in the mean time. Well made space movies are the tits.

The Martian was also a pretty lazy crowd-pleaser type that came out of a mold