ITT: Sup Forums in 1864

ITT: Sup Forums in 1864

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
soperth.com.au/demolished-icons-of-perth-gif-comparison-of-old-perth-and-new-perth-17299
demolishedicons.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>in California
>be prospecting for gold in the hills
>get smashed on bad whiskey at the local saloon
>fuck prostitutes at the local brothel
>shoot guy who tried to cheat me at a poker game
>according to the papers, there's a war or something going on back east
>oh well, not my problem

Some bastard tried to steal the gold nugget I saw first so I broke his jaw.

oh gee the world sure seems like it's going places right now I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like in 150 years I bet it''s gonna be great

Fuck Yankees

>in Tennessee
Please just end my life now.

Australia? Where's that. I believe it's someplace near China. I'd have to consult my Harper's Atlas of Modern Geography.

>two of my brothers are dead
>another walking around without a leg
>Yankee cavalry looted my farm of all its valuables and set all my slaves free
FML.

Good lord the timber industry is on the up and up, i knew moving to the washington territory was the best idea. hope ma and pa are alright back home in Maine.

Fuck you, secessionist scum. You deserve it.

And your last brother is dead now too 'cause we shot a mortar into the Petersburg trenches and took his head clean off. How ya like that, rebel?

Down with monarchists and the French, Viva Juárez!

Yes, Oregon is looking mighty fine these days. Beautiful nature, booming timing and prospecting, and far, far away from getting shot at by rebels.

lyl

>inb4 Romania is a stagnant shithole

I just hope my brother and cousin are alright , last i heard their devisions were fighting each other in Fair Garden. Haven't heard a word from 'em since.

slavery has been outlawed in richer countries for more than 5 decades and only brazil still have slaves, if we keep them any longer we would lose all respect of ourselves and our nation

Finally, churki have been defeated and went off to Turkey. Now we can peacefully drink tea from samovar. Hey guys, have you heard of this guy Tolstoy? Very promising officer.

I hate Lincoln for this war shit
I wish someone would just shoot him

Fuck i'm Russian clay now.

the grand perth metropolis

*arises from a forest*
ooga booga we'z russians now and shiet?
*disappears into a bush*

Drop dead, secesh.

> Be white person in Memphis
> City is like 98% slaves and 2% rich slaveowner's so I'm prob the son of a rich slaveowner's
> Don't have to fight since my daddy's rich
> Yankees steal all my shit
> Join the KKK after the war

Sounds not very comfy desu.

> *secedes*
WE
> *attacks fort Sumter*
DINDU
> *commits war crimes*
NUFFIN

I feel kind of bad about the Shenandoah Valley, y'know what I'm sayin'. Yeah I know we don't want the rebels getting provisioned from those farms, but burning a Mennonite grandmother's barn and stealing her hogs isn't exactly...

dunno bout 1860 but I think the house was built already
it was my great grandfather café, he took the pic himself probably early 1900

The car on the right is from the 30s so the picture was taken shortly before WWII.

>French military observers in the Civil War expressed shock at the savagery of battles like Chickamauga despite being no strangers to war themselves--France had fought two wars in the previous decade and every Frenchman of that generation had heard the stories from his grandfather of Napoleon's battles

yeah it always bugged me, because the thing is that cards like this weren't really a thing anymore in the 30s from what I know
simple user pics like this were more of a 1890-1920 thing from what I've seen
plus the park on the right now has the war memorial that should probably appear a bit on the pic considering the angle, that's why I figured it was from before 1914
so idk (unless you know what car model it is, which would help to set up a date indeed)

>so idk (unless you know what car model it is, which would help to set up a date indeed)
I couldn't tell you the model since I don't know squat about French cars but it's definitely mid-30s.

Seems to be a Delahaye.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HEE HEE HUUU HUUU HUUUU

youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

nice, thanks for the information
too bad they only make clothes now and not cars anymore

>Dear Diary
>three months in these infernal trenches have gone by
>every day I lose another friend to snipers or artillery shells
>shot down a Yankee officer today who was inspecting our lines with a spyglass
>I no longer feel anything
>Mother is at home sick with consumption
>my brother is off fighting with Early in the Valley
>found it this week that the Yankees are enlisting niggers in their army
>this is an indignity that will not stand--we shall fight to the last man before we allow them to impose the colored man on our government and our women

>no Denmark

fuck krauts

hasn't changed much

erm sweaty

comfy

I hate how many of these buildings were demolished in the 70s and 80s so they could build retarded concrete shit instead

these warmongering paraguayans are causing too much trouble to the brazucas kek

Once this war is done with, we have crateloads of surplus muskets to sell you if you need.

Parts of Melbourne have retained these older buildings, it's actually quite well preserved. And I sometimes enjoy the mix of old Victorian and modern styles, it gives the city it's character. Although it is true that we're stuck with a few monstrosities from the 70s and 80s, but what city isn't..

>be me
>live in CSA
>some Y*nkee fuck is running rampant in my state
>burning everything he can, including homes and farms.
>gets to my city
>Shit.oilpainting
>turns out he doesn't want to burn my town
>gives it to Lincoln as some sort of gay gift.
>mfw

Melbourne's much better off than any other city in Australia, even Sydney.

In Perth all of that shit is long gone beyond court houses and the Governor's house. We only really still have them in Fremantle since it was completely irrelevant during that time and no one could justify the cost of demolition. Luckily it's all been heritage listed there now.

soperth.com.au/demolished-icons-of-perth-gif-comparison-of-old-perth-and-new-perth-17299

But I'm from Wisconsin; we don't care about niggers there, we want to save the Union.

demolishedicons.com/ has more

The Union can help you with that

>Missourifag
>White
>Drafted into Union
HELP
ME

DAYS NEVER BETTAH

MASSA GOT ME WORKIN'

SOMEDAY MASSA SET ME FREEEEE

Green and yellow = argentina
grey= aboriginal lands

also, the civil war is coming to an end.

a pic from buenos aires (1863)

Missouri was a total mess during the war with guerrillas running around and fighting each other; often neighbor was pitted against neighbor because of which side they took.

We should of listened to Sam Houston these Confederate guys are a bunch of faggots

>tfw rich
>tfw pay $300 fee to get out of the draft
>tfw hire a one legged alcoholic bum from the Bowery to fight in my place
Feels good, man.

Hallo,
Ich bin Einwanderer,
kann ich Ton haben

Oh look, it's another kraut fresh off the boat in New York. I know you don't know more than three words of English, but take this musket and get your sausage-eating ass down to Virginia. We need bodies and it doesn't matter where they're from.

Aber ich bekomme Geld, ja?

Depends on how efficient the quartermasters are this month.

I hadn't hoped to be captured by the rebels, but better that than having a limb shot off. I hear tell we're going to the Andersonville camp for prisoners of war in Georgia. Can't be that bad. I'll spend some time playing cards and chewing tobacco with the other men from my company and we'll likely just be exchanged in two months.

Conscription and bounty men were a mistake. We got a whole collection of alcoholic Bowery bums and literal convicts arriving in our regiment this week. What incompetent halfwits in the government are sending us such useless men anyway?

Loving this boom in Chicago. Made millions off of real estate

>strolling along riverbank one day
>see some poorfag panning for gold
>hold him up and take literally all the fruits of his past day's labor
Prospectors, when will they learn?

Out here in the New Mexico Territory we're more worried about Apaches than rebels.

nah, the Brits will surely handle us some help

>be american
>get shot

Wasn't the New Mexico territory part of the CSA

The Confederacy did try to make a grab for New Mexico, hoping to get to California via the territory. A Confederate army under General John Sibley invaded New Mexico in early 1862 and were defeated by Union forces at Glorieta Pass on March 28, ending the short-lived Confederate attempt to conquer the territory. The Hispanic population of New Mexico were quite hostile to Texas, being that it was less than 20 years after the Mexican War, and quite overwhelmingly sided with the Union.

fucking Irish and freed slaves taking all the work and now I've been drafted, Lincoln is the worst president ever

You'll find out the ways of war soon enough. When you reach down and put your hand into the pile of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

REMEMBER FORT PILLOW!!!

V I V E L ' E M P E R E U R

Shame, I miss my left hand. The ol' girl is buried out there in the Wilderness under a dogwood.

ingoa te whakapaka tamaki makaurau
>eats user

Mexico pay denbts
btw Islas Chincha su Srbija

Aside from which, New Mexico was a thinly populated desert that couldn't support a prolonged Confederate occupation.