Emigrating to China from US

Anyone here done this? My girlfriend is Chinese and she really want's to move back to china to be closer to family. I don't really have family in the US so I guess I'm kind of open to the idea.

I don't speak the language, and I don't read it either. I suppose I could teach English there though I don't have any relevant degrees or experience in that field.

Would I be absolutely miserable coming from the US? She tells me it is very different there, weird stuff about how the furniture is hard and terrible by US standards, and nobody eats bread or cheese (just random stuff that comes to mind that she's mentioned, she's said more).

Would this be a horrible idea?

>Would I be absolutely miserable coming from the US
yes

china does have hardwood furniture but you don't have to buy them, they obviously have cushion leather couch and stuff too
you can buy bread but they are the sweet japanese pan crap, no butter, no cheese few stores have deodorant or floss etc, you should not plan long term stays at first

there are many foreigners but few go all in at once and survive the ordeal

>fully chink gf
wot are you doin ma80

Huh? What's the issue with that?

i am chinese. i hated going to china for vacation when i was a kid. it's smelly, gross, crowded... maybe you'll have a nice time but idk man

Try to stay short-term.
You will know the disadvantages.

Holy shit is that the state of their public transit? But...why?

no one cares

Good luck, my friend.
My gf is Chinese too (we're together about two months and she's my first gf), and she also mentioned a few times that she wants one day to move back to China. This makes me fear that out relationship is just bound to be temporary, no chance for a future, without great sacrifices.
Now that I have a gf at least my parents no longer fear that I am gay but they looked pretty disapointed that she is Asian. Why is life like this? Man.. Was this the same for you? Are you Chinese? I know it's unrelated but I just wanted to talk to someone who is in slightly a similar situation.

nongs

No I am of European descent. Been dating her for about 8 months now. Not planning on making a move any time soon but she's mentioned it so it could be something to examine in the future.

they are just homesick
china is still hell, the amount of young women returning to china longterm is staggeringly low

>want's
>want's
>want's
>want's
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

Talk them out of it you fucking betas.

I will when she truly brings it up and it becomes something more relevant.. I guess it is way too early to think about these things, I have only been with her for two months, I should just focus on enjoying my relationship with her.

I'll visit it first and see what it is like and if it is deplorable then I will!

Where does she live and how is her family doing? Very relevant when it comes to the quality of life in China. China has nicer areas and worse areas just like the US, but most visitors aren't aware of where they are due to "everyone rook the same". Where in the US everyone know to avoid the ghettos/ rural redneck towns. Pic related is subway in Beijing. The shitting one above is between a tier 3 city and a small town, during Chinese new year when all the migrant worker go home. Migrant workers in China have similar reputation as Mexicans in the US.

The students abroad who came from rich families are far more likely wanting to go back. Since their life is honestly more comfy in China than the states. If your GF's family is in one of the tier 1 cities then you will be fine. Other wise don't make long term plans.

Be prepared to fucking hate your life.

Pollution and filth will be part of your daily life. You will most likely step into human excrement at least once. Your internet will be completely censored and every Skype call you make will be monitored.

Beyond the areas meant to be seen by foreigners, there will be unimaginable poverty and suffering.

The Chinese are rude, arrogant, and completely devoid of empathy and compassion.

They only care about money and face. Creativity is not valued.

Finally, especially if you're actually going to Beijing, you will lose at least a month of your life due to the unfathomable pollution.

You better fuck her as much as you can before dumping her.

Lol have fun giving up your individuality m80.

As I am currently going through in this shithole country.