Coming out in two weeks

>coming out in two weeks
>zero hype
>fans of the original already hate it
Will Ghost in the Shell be the first big flop of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ll7gt0meuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like Disney/Marvel shills are out in full force today.

The only thing that can save this movie from bombing is foreign markets. Do the Japs hate it too?

>fans of the original
The original what?
The manga that none of the films are faithful to?
The films that are all standalone?
Give me a break.

>2 weeks before release
>Decides to do a political sketch of the POTUS's daughter instead of marketing for the movie

You can already see how this is going to end

I hope so. Hollywood needs to stop raping anime and actually write original scripts. Jesus christ.

I don't think they give a shit about American adaptations. DBE bombed there, as did Pacific Rim even though Del Taco meant it as a "love letter to Japan" that China eventually had to save from being a complete nosedive.

Go to bed scarjew.

You fat cow.

If weebs don't like it - it will probably be good.

>I don't think they give a shit about American adaptations.
this.

wtf I love china now

Yeah Dragonball Evolution was a masterpiece.

Whitewashing is usually a sign of a bigger problem so, maybe.

The original GitS movie was so shitty that ScarJo's might be better.

Why is she so gross looking?

Realistically I dont think her career is going to suffer and she already got paid and could probably give a fuck how this ends.
Which is a shame because she cant act for shit and I would love for her to fade into obscurity.
Also who keeps casting her in these action heroine roles? Seriously confuses me to no end shes awful at it

>as did Pacific Rim even though Del Taco meant it as a "love letter to Japan" that China eventually had to save from being a complete nosedive.
what a shame.
pacific rim was so much better than fucking those transformers movies.

It will probably get decent reviews on the sole basis that expectations are so low

the animated movies werent good either so who cares

Every time I see a thread on this movie, man...

by foreign markets though, I mainly meant China. They'll watch this regardless of reviews

Right?
Since she is oh so tired from being a working mom, how can she find time to shitpost here?

>pacific rim was so much better than fucking those transformers movies.

Pacific Rim had no soul. I still agree with your statement. Then again lots of movies now don't have much soul.

C'mon, Innocence is a masterpiece.
It even has a Sup Forums banner!

cringe

>fans of the original already hate it

Don't group gamer gate with anime fans. We're actually fucking hyped for this.

Botox is a helluva drug.

what happened to Scarlett Johansson? something about her just makes me sick and I was a big fan during the Lost in Translation era.

saw the original after not seeing it in a long time. i didn't care for it

lol look at your butthurt drumphlings refusing to watch a movie because it has a strong female lead. Pathetic.

It's fine. Don't see why everyone cares about it tbqh

Who is this qt asian actress?

>scarjo
>flop

Pick two.

>people keep talking about casting
The patient's robe shouldn't be allowed in this movie. The original was cool because Major was either clothed or skin naked or bone naked.

The production design was wrong from day one

Speak for yourself, shitlord of bad taste.

What kino is this from?

Are you stupid?

No.
What kino is that clip from.

Its seems like the marketing team has just given up on this movie.
Nobody fucking likes this movie and they're not even bothering to try and market it as a girl power feminist movie.

True. Misses the main theme about the body being a shell. 2deep4them

>retarded weebs think this is deep
fucking lol

I think you missed the joke about how it's not deep, yet they still didn't get it.

The Black Dahlia
The Spirit
Hitchcock
Under The Skin

What movie is this? It seems medieval somehow despite the retro-futuristic garb

Robo Jox my millenial friend

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ll7gt0meuU

>the only thing I have to boast about is my age
27 years old here what are you proud of being a few years older faggot?

It's also in the filename

He asked if you were stupid because the film's name is present in the filename, as well as the webm metadata. You being incapable of not only finding this information, but even of realising that this information apparently exists, makes you an even bigger idiot
Don't reply to this post, I won't read it

I'm proud of knowing kino you unwashed pleb

spoiler covers it up m8

oh yeah the file name "Spoiler Image", gee thanks

Have no movies seriously flopped yet? Are you telling me Underworld Blood Wars made lots of money?

When you literally click on the video link after clicking spoilers and playing it, it says robot jox you fucking reddit scum

>he thinks clicking is hovering
Depends on what OP means by "big" flop. Plenty of smaller movies have underperformed or bombed.

>Mfw I watched the original stuff purely so I can get angry about the new film

That's because the SJWs see it as racist for casting a ike instead of a Jap. Even tho the Major is a fucking ROBOT, not a Jap,and has blue eyes in the animu.

I predict this movie will flop, but will actually be pretty good, and will become something of a cult classic.

literal retards itt

It's truly how the cinellectuals do it

based japs, they smelt a weeb from miles away

What's up with Mads taking all these shitty roles in the last year?

like this movie?

Don't worry, a lot of people did this.

He's funding Denmark with his roles

>original singapore cartoon really has no real villain and all sides are portrayed as grey alongside themes of human and machine evolution

>live action movie is "being a cyborg is bad, the evil government stole my body, but im a strong and independent woman who gonna make them pay"

burn it down

>robojox

K•I•N•O

she's programmed to think she's strong and independent but actually isn't in this film

it's a movie that will be studied in gender classes for years to come

>that fairyshit
>starring talentless robot kristen stewart
>pretty good
nah, maybe "okay" if you're stretching it but certainly not "pretty good", i barely remember it and you reminded me that i even watched it in the first place

Its going to be as ignored as ryan reynold's selfless almost direct to video tier

Fuckin plebs

>starring talentless robot kristen stewart
Wow, people actually still think this?

Anyways. GitS is destined to bomb but not as hard as Power Rangers.

Worth a look, pirated or not. I at least feel like i should watch it for sentimentality, though its almost guaranteed to be a personal 6/10 with even shitter reviews and rakings. Ahh well rip animemes

The "deepness" present in the original film is starkly ephemeral. Upon a rewatch you'll note just how much time is devoted to other things, e.g. an extended action sequence chasing a man with a gun, or following around a garbage truck.

ScarJo's flick with the extended running time can easily fit in the same 10 minutes the original kino dedicated to 'deep' topics such as AI, identity, self-image, consciousness etc.

I v much disagree that Pacific Rim had no soul, but Robotjox is the dopest shit.

literally this lmao

The 1995 anime which, while not the ORIGINAL GitS property in and of itself, is the one that this version seems to be drawing most of its inspiration from you pedantic turd.

>adaptation of beloved cult anime/book/etc. is coming out
>panic
>have to consume the original material before the adaptation comes out so that I don't get spoiled and so that I can always tell myself I was familiar with the original before the adaptation came out

I fucking love Robot Jox.
>dat scene where he falls into the stands killing hundreds
HNNG

he's the kind of actor most people like seeing, even if the movie is shite. So i suppose he gets pretty high bills.

>That's not Motoko.
>Her name is Mira.
>She was a immigrant girl who died in a car accident.
>YOU ARE MOTOKO! A ROBOT! SAVE PEOPLE!
>Finds out shes not Motoko.
>ITS TIME TO MAKE THE EVIL CORPORATIONS PAY!
>Long fucking killing spree of garbage and fighting big bad corporations.
>While stealing scenes from the movie.
>No tank scene.
>Just ends with her killing all the badies.
>My name is Mira, and I am, the ghost, in the shell.

they should have gotten Villeneuve to direct it, not even joking

He got the better cyberpunk property

Holy shit, fuck this shitty flick. Jesus Christ.

Am I the only one interested in seeing it? I feel like it's worth a watch especially compared to the movies coming out around it. Fucking Power Rangers and that really weak looking Blade Runner sequel. This at least looks interesting and somewhat fresh comparatively. They seem to have built their own story around the source material

the tank scene is literally in the trailer

Blade Runner is set for October dude

If you didn't like the first Ghost in the Shell movie then you are a confirmed faggot.

>Mentions the tank scene.
>BUT ITS IN THE TRAILER!
No user, you know exactly what the tank scene is, its her, nude, trying to rip the fucking hatch off the tank and failing.

You say that as if they're not showing her naked. I mean there's no nipple but of course there isn't this is mainstream Hollywood

She is not nude in the trailers, or nude at all, all of her parts are covered by placed objects, and the invisible suit in general she wears is just that, a tan colored suit.

The tank scene will never happen because it shows Motoko desperate for the answer she desires, to the point she rips her limbs off to obtain it. This movie is about "fighting the evil corporations." so if the scene does happen she will mindlessly rip the hatch off and pull the guy out and say some dumb fucking one liner.

The plot of the movie has been spoiled, its garbage, its literal the same shit you have seen already. Whats that one movie? Lucy? same shit.

>the SJWs see it as racist

hilarious, since they probably pitched this trainwreck as a feminist empowering progressive bullshit.

>filmmakers hope that Japanese audience makes up for American audience
>intentionally recast two characters with Black actors
>Japanese hate black actors

yeah no

Lucy was really poorly made though.

You're also assuming that the plot has been spoiled, it certainly could be. But people cutting trailers lately have done a very good job subverting expectations and making movies look terrible to autists like us

This movie was made with the similar mind set, its brain dead simple.
>I'm an empowered woman with super powers and jump thru fire and shoot up evil corporations cause corporations are bad amirite?

Sorry, the movie has been spoiled, script has leaked, expect this film to be up for download similar to that one Wolverine movie for being so bad.

Its shit.

I thought Kong was going to be the first big disaster of the year.

Looks like it might be GiTS

Who knows though. The trailers are a lot more impressive than Kong, so maybe normies will go anyway, even though it looks dour.

When will he come and save live-action anime?

You're probably right. nvm

Just got back from Kong and it was pretty good. I think normies were passive about it and then word got out that it was good.

>>fans of the original already hate it
I'm a fan of Masamune Shirow