How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?

How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/z7lofyI7NntdsCGZq6zwtA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because BvS is at least worth discussing, whereas people already know Civil War is flat-out shit.

BvS has better memes

is it? Seems more like a bunch of circlejerk threads about grade school symbolism and religious subtext, and any criticism no matter what is said to be Marvelfags or 'pajeets'.

I'm so glad WB is completely above it all and the best thing to ever happen to le cinema, praise Snyder!

Embarrassing.

This

The same movie that has MARTHA on one hand also has autists trawling through screencaps looking for more religious allegory, symmetry and symbolism to try and argue that it actually kino on the other.

Civil War, as a solidly entertaining (if unspectacular) Marvel flick, just doesn't have that kind of legs in Sup Forums world. There's only so many keks you can squeeze out of some webms with lots of cuts.

bvs threads are all about DCucks trying to convince Sup Forums it's actually good solely because it has sixth grade level symbolism.

Civil war was just a good flick that the majority of people appreciated and there's not much more to be said.

Civil War was trash and this is coming from an actual Marvel fan.

because "Dormammu, I've come to bargain!" and r-rated Wolverine were better films than Civil War

because civil war didn't leave everyone hating the entire brand requiring years to realign public opinion

Civil war was nothing, just a bunch of fights between some little of story. Too many characters.

Because Civil War was competently made but otherwise incredibly bland and forgettable.

>competently made

break out the webm's boys

cuz comic book movies are for kids

Because Sup Forums talks ONLY about shit.

There's literally three threads in the catalog right now about Big Bang Theory, and that came out ten years ago.

I thing Snyder makes beatiful films, I also think he's the first director to do a good cinematic Batman and Superman, so I bump these threads when I see them.

Becuase it's a meme you dip

What are some movies about spic shills?

thx user

Because Civil War was a safe movie that was made following the same formula as every Marvel movie. BvS, whether you love it or hate it, broke the mold of superhero movies. It was unique, and it's still talked about due to how polarizing the finished product ended up being.

Bad things are easier to discuss that good things. There aren't as many ways to say "That was pretty good. It was fine"

It's a cheeseburger versus a steak that actually turned out to be a lump of shit on a plate instead of a steak.

This, nothing to actually talk about with Civil War. It was so vanilla and bland and low-stakes it can hardly be recalled.

pretty much this. I liked both though.

Because I quit my job to shitpost about BvS when it came out and I feel like it would all be for nothing if I didnt continue doing it at least once a week

Same guy

BvS is the only "big" DC movie so far, and 1 of only 2 DCEU movies.

Civil War is better, but 1 of whatever number of Marvel movies already out there.

BvS is also more easily quotable, due to how bad it was, like the Star Wars prequels.

cuz dc fags keep bringing it up

BvS was an actual movie, it had flaws but it was made to be a cinematic experience.

CW was a glorified children's tv show special like how the japanese produce after a Kamen Rider show ends.

Theres little of cinematic value in CW, while BvS still offer us questions and answers to ponder even months after.

>"look mom I posted it again"
10 DCShill cents have been deposited in your account.

It broke nothing. Stop acting like people who love it are even half thw amount of the people that hated it. It was boring, clueless of its owns motivation, and a disgrace to DC comics.

I have to agree with this 2

Which, again, is something that Civil War never did. Civil War was a fucking mindless repeat of every other shit tier Marvel movie. Batman vs Superman, while probably liked by half of its viewers, if even, will undoubtedly be remembered by almost everyone who watched it for at least a few years.

>Batman vs Superman, while probably liked by half of its viewers
It was hated by everyone who isn't a shill. I like enjoying a movie disregarding what company made it. You just like BvS because it's DC and you, Fedora tipping neckbeard, like to pretend you are more sofisticated than you really are.
CW was nesesary and ok. It followed a formula that work in the past, and guess what? It worked again.

But it worked on no level besides heartless cash grab. Nobody remembers the movie for it's dramatic acting, nor it's exhilarating fight scenes. It had no exciting characters, no cool costumes, no beautiful cinematography or soundtrack. I didn't even care for BvS, but it was a better movie because it at least tried to be something besides a hamfisted cash grab.

everything it's remembered for is bad

>It was hated by everyone who isn't a shill.
Can you prove this at all? Your precious critic aggregate site says more movie goers than not viewed the movie favorably.

BvS was actually intellectually demanding for most of its narrative. A lot of existential and philosophical themes of power because Snyder was trying to make something as grand as Shakespeare

Civil War was a literal Marvel cash grab and toy commercial. They spend about five minutes questioning the nature of morality and then spend the rest on shitty quips and CGI.

Simply put, BvS objectively has more to discuss.

>'why does nobody ever talk about Civil War' he says in the 500th thread asking why nobody talks about Civil War

Counting the Watchmen as DCverse.
Desperate as it gets.

Most people are actually talking about BvS in this thread thou...

They are all SnyderCapekino

You are just making excuses to say it was bad. I agree. It was bad.
CW was not heartless. It had the death of the king of Wakanda, it had zemo's suicide attempt. I don't know what you are memeing about.

Caution: this post states facts about the internet's behaviour towards a couple of flicks, and while there is some meme lingo to spice it up, the post does not reflect the author's opinion on either film, as it could generate bias and contaminate discussion. Unlike the rest of this thread.

BvS generates more discussion due to the extreme hate from one side and extreme fanatism from the other. People will spew mindless "MARTHA" memes until the end of times, and other people will also post their entire folders of biblical references and justifications for Lex Luthor's plan till hell freezes over. There was massive backlash for BvS which makes a lot of fans come out and defend it, while Civil War is straight up considered good and even great by the majority and only some minorities considered it utter shit (again, let's not discuss which is the right opinion, just which one is more prominent), there's a very clear general opinion of it, like how Bay's Transformers are an explosive clusterfuck and no one bothers trying to prove otherwise. As such, no one needs to discuss it, no one needs to defend CW, but some still try to attack it which coincidentally happen to be the same people trying to defend BvS.

In the end, we're all wasting our fucking time trying to argue about this, you'll never have a threesome with the Russos and Zack will never be your Daddy. Go watch a new movie for once.

More like Dcucks keep memeing their shit movie and Marvelfags get back to back kino and have new things to talk about.

I didn't understand half your post. I can prove nobody who isn't a shill liked it. The real question is, should I? You are not going to believe me either way.

It's funny because I hated this shitty fucking movie but I thought the "MARTHAA" scene was one of the few that actually made sense and served to round out the edges of the two characters

Bizarre, I thought the exact same thing. The idea, conceptually, is great (blablabla it reminds Bats about his mom and why he's Bats but also lets him know Supes is a normal man and has a mom blablabla), it's a real shame the execution is absolutely retarded (blablabla why didn't Supes just tell Bats earlier is he a fucking idiot or what blablabla).
It's cool, and I think Snyder works with the Rule of Cool, but he writes around these ideas and struggles when they have to make some practical sense.

The Martha scene makes sense but it's hilariously badly executed

People laughed out loud at it in the screening I went to

Agreed
I thought the entirety of the finale was absolute shit, it's really noticeable upon rewatch

The ultimate cut is a pretty great film up until then tho

Civil war was forgettable and bland while BvsS left an impression because of how bad it was. It's kind of like Indiana Jones 4, you remember it but for all the wrong reasons.

I can't wait till this super hero movies trend is over... i want Disney resources put to a better use.

I wouldn't even call it "good", just a regular average movie, some fans liked it, some didn't (Or at least not that much).

Meanwhile BvS is about DC fans trying to defend it, and (possible) Marvel fans trying to bash it. Sometimes I really wonder if the BvS critics are not DC fans themselves trying to play the victim card. I didn't like BvS but it was alright and I wouldn't criticize the movie over and over for no reason.

>It's kind of like Indiana Jones 4, you remember it but for all the wrong reasons.

I don't remember it. It's so forgetabble that I get weird feelings that it probably wasn't a bad sequel.

As opposed to BvS, which tried to deliver an epic fight between two hilariously mismatched iconic superheroes, crack a billion dollars to compete with Marvel, introduce the trinity, set up the Justice League, blow it's Doomsday load and cap it all off with the death of Superman which they reverse before the credits - all of which it failed spectacularly at.

Civil War at least posed a genuine ethical dilemma with no right answer, with the protagonists on either side of the argument having spent several films developing toward their chosen stances. Yeah you can say it's inconsequential, but that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black as far as BvS goes. What other criticism are there? Some webms showing quick cuts? Cull the autists from the discussion and most people thought the airport sequence was among the greatest superhero fight scenes ever made. The premise on both sides is relatively silly, so why not just have some fun with it? Because sixth grade Christian allegory is so much more entertaining? Behave.

The ethical dilemma in Civil War was far more intelligent. Bruce's one percent chance rationale was borderline special needs.

I liked it. So did a ton of other people. Not everything is about you, ya know.

It's a shit movie but the simple fact that it actually tried to be about something gives more material to discuss.

You're reaching as FUCK in trying to add intellectual merit to the lazy, unambitious toy commercial that was Civil War

>ethical dilemma
That entire thing was retarded because the damage wrought in each of the film's events blatantly saved more lives than they threatened, and the fingers cast were the same ones that decided to send in a nuke before even trying to deploy the national fucking guard or ANY kind of resistance (all from the most powerful nation in the world)

The comics weren't so retarded-- you had a few mutants bomb a fucking elementary school, killing a few hundred kids. But this shit was just a sad attempt to forge ahead in the continuity of MCU merchandising, so fucking accept it. Disney wanted and WON your money.

BvS CLEARLY was attempting to follow in the footsteps of Nolan in breaking past Capeshit into grand play territory. Its moral dilemmas lasted far longer than the first 15 mins of the film, and weren't as retarded as some convenient "B-Bucky killed my parents" magical fucking video tape. It missed it's fucking mark but you're damn retarded if you're claiming CW is the smarter film.

You do remember the aliens though... be honest here. I can't unsee that...

>how come the morning traffic ran smoothly isnt talked about but the morning there was a horrific car crash is?

Yeah I do. I also remember the fridge scene. Stupid scene, but nothing that triggered me. You didn't like the aliens?

>How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?

You know what I've noticed? Nobody remembers when things go "according to plan."

>why is the bad movie that made batman a murderer still talked about?

The what? it was the same ethical dilemma man... except it was poorly addressed on both movies.
Not only Captain America's point was weak as fuck in the movie but the movie itself doesn't even depict the society contradictions.

Movie could have been far more interesting and memorable had marvel grown a pair and did what they had to do, namely make Iron man learn about his parents at the beginning of the movie and use the whole political bullshit just to hunt Bucky down.

That would have directly contrasted with Captain America's motives and pushed them to a fight to the death.
Iron man should have then killed the Captain and Bucky should have taken his place.

Then we would have a movie...
But no, they dispensed of the social conflict on other marvel movies so it's essentially absent from this one and took no risk whatsoever.

BvsS at least killed Superman... sure, he is back or whatever but they offed him and Snyder did include the social ramifications of the pro superman and anti superman sides.
Still he did the same conflict better on Watchmen so...

It's more fun to talk about bad movies

Batman kills in almost every movie, though.

It's not about lives saved, it's about whether a group of vigilantes should be given carte blanche to operate wherever and whenever they like. Do you seriously believe the world would accept that? Right after Scarlet Witch accidentally blew up half a building full of people in a foreign county? There is no right answer here. Both sides have valid views that previous films developed them toward having.

Batman V Superman is the inverse of this. Both protagonists have moronic views that neither of them were shown to have grown into, and both could have been refuted by a teenager with more than two brain cells to rub together. It's lazy writing just like everything else about BvS bar the imagery, which Snuder clearly put a lot of thought into. What was if the screenwriter said? Ah yes:

>"Batman versus Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities,"

Comments that should be a surprise to no one who has seen the film.

>The what? it was the same ethical dilemma man

No it wasn't. Batman and Superman are both vigilantes, yet Superman wants to end Batman... because he's a vigilante, while Batman wants to end Superman because of his one percent retarded logic. Neither rationale is ever refuted at any point during the movie despite how ridiculous they both are, and they only decide to forget about it because MARTHA.

I totally agree. But BvsS being pants doesn't make Civil War good. Both movies are terrible.

>the only memorable part of civil war

Civil War: one of the better Marvel movies (doesn't mean much at all) but it's still a cookie cutter industry money printer. Just a by the numbers movie, boring to talk about.

BvS: absolute dumpster fire. It's like Sup Forums's version of a trashy eality show, you just can't look away.

general concurrence

Because retards like you keep spamming the board in some vague attempt to make everyone love it and retards like me keep replying to blatant bait threads because I have nothing else to do at 1am in the morning.

If BvS didn't inspire so much bait, it'd fade into the aether just like every other shit movie with a budget but no direction.

I always laugh whenever I see shills spouting this nonsense because BvS won like 89 razzies and Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

redditors circle jerking over mundane screen caps and applying their intro to philosophy knowledge to a tedious and drab film

"discussion"

So that's at least $3560 your autism circlejerk spent to say BvS was the worst movie of the year. That's funnier than Iron Man yelling UNDEROOS.

BvS was more memorable than Civil War.

That doesn't mean it was a better movie. It's just more memorable.

Lmao when the fuck has a razzie ever meant anything?

Who the fuck gives a shit?

people generally can recall traumatic episodes better than insignificant ones

You do know that razzies are given to shit movies right?

By that merit, when the fuck has an Oscar for best makeup ever meant anything?

People took Razzies seriously for a while. Probably around the time Halle Berry showed up in person to accept one.

But they're a total joke now. They're basically clickbait, how memeworthy something is decides what gets them, hence BvS

Means a lot to the people that win it.

Means more than no Oscar

>How come BVS is still discussed
Because you spam threads about it every day.
>and relevant
It's like a documentary on how not to make a movie.

So it means a helluva lot...to the people who are specifically in makeup, gotcha.
I'm just saying though, what other movie in recent memory boasted so hard about winning an Oscar for something like best makeup? Like people boast about getting shit like "best director" or "best leading role" or "best supporting cast" or "best musical score" but not something like "best makeup."

isaac perlmutter doesn't want to pay to pay to shill on Sup Forums unlike kevin tsujihara who is willing to blow and entire quarters budget paying spics to haha

My favorite is when people boast about no oscar

I think its because in the end, BvS actually TRIED to do something, even if it was reeeeaaaally bad. Civil War was just... Marvel. Not very imaginative, entirely predictable, no real stakes or anything, just more Marvel.

Also BvS is part of the Big Guy Cinematic Universe.

>I-it's still being discussed! Time to make another thread! I'm not crazy!!
Why are all Zack Snyder fans damaged goods?

Trying don't mean nothin' if you don't succeed though. Like nobody's going to give you a pat on the back for "trying" to get a job or "trying" to clean up your room or "trying" to get to work on time.

People work off of results, which is why BvS got nothing but razzies while Suicide Squad got an Oscar for best makeup. I don't have high hopes for WW and I'm almost certain that JL is going to be a shitty Avengers ripoff that thinks quips=the big bucks.

Because Sup Forums is a shit hole of whining, griping, and overt contrarianism for teenage boys that can't deal with the real world in any sort of functional way. All you fuckers wanna do these days is wallow in shit.

I'm convinced some of you autistics are just spamming the same posts over and over ITT with minor tweaking to the wording each time. There's no way a normal person would read this thread and think "oh, you know that post that was already made word for word 10 times, well let me post it too just 'cause!" Please just kill yourselves and stop lowering the tone.

Eh we've had plenty of CW discussion, because people actually discuss the movie in those threads. BVS is for memery only, which makes it favorable to this board.

I'm not saying they should have their dicks sucked for trying, but I think the fact that it was even a little different (and also fucking terrible) makes it better remembered than Civil War.

I also think WW is gonna suck, I can't even fathom ironic hype, and ALL of my hopes for Justice League were killed with BvS like instantly.

>BvS was an actual movie
No, it wasn't. A movie generally has characters you can relate to, and a narrative that makes sense.

If you mean ponder over how fucking terrible it was and how one man can fuck up so royally bad with two of the most beloved American icons of all time, sure.

BvS has both.

yes, my mother is also named Martha.

They can't have Cavill display any kind of personality because he's not an actor. Superman has a well defined personality and character, which is completely missing from these movies. You can't have a lead who can't recite more than a couple of lines and barely interact with other characters and call it a movie. The narrative had more plotholes than the Prometheus extended cut.
This movie is trash, and discussing its merits is a waste of time.

You're really fucking dumb, you know that?

Cavill just play a more subdued Superman and just because that interpretation isn't the same as the charming spokeperson from the old movies and cartoons doesn't mean it's bad.

Also, try to point a plot-hole. I dare you.