Why is European history so confusing?

>Different kingdoms of different ethnicities controlling different and often disconnected pockets of land

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Mitteleuropa_zur_Zeit_der_Staufer.svg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If only the Italian peninsula looked like this today...

Italy is rightful German clay

>Neapel bleibt unser!

the period between end of western roman empire and 11th century is the most chaotic, small duthcies and kingdoms everywhere

Literally the same as everywhere else in the world.

>Emirate of Sicily

18th century Germany is worse...

No, it's beautiful and way more logical than today's borders

This

(you)

Renaissance, reform and napoleonic era european history is extremely interesting desu.

i also really like seljuk, sultanate of rum (anatolian seljuk) and early otto history a lot as well. well 2nd thought, i also really like late otto history, 1800 and onwards.

non countries mostly

Wrong

EALA FRYA FRESENA

Because all your glorious military history is basically a few barons squabbling when compared to the west

Beautiful

Now think about what united Germany brought to the world

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Mitteleuropa_zur_Zeit_der_Staufer.svg

best Germany 2bh

Ottoman history is very interesting, especially its expansion phase in the XVth century. In fact, the XVth century is one of my favourites periods of History : from the fall of the Byzantine Empire to the rise of the Ottoman one, from the end of the Hundred Years War to the end of the Reconquista and the discovery of America. Such an important period.

yurop history is confusing?
you r too stupid.

Didn't kings of neighbouring countries (France, Hungary, Denmark, etc) fight for control of meme German statelets because it would technically make them princes of the Empire?

fart

>, i also really like late otto history, 1800 and onwards.
Isn't that when it gets really bad?