Stop burning down refugee camps

Stop burning down refugee camps.

Black lives matter too same as whites indians and refugees.

that scene was so horrible I should write a book about it.

Stop putting music in films.

It's like the only scene in the film that isn't a dressing down from an authority figure

not true there's the scene where the Baron's wife is all upset about the cabbages. and also the scene where the farmer's son finds his hanged corpse.

Fair enough. There was quite a bit of lecturing though

>the abusive farmer took the pussy way out and ruined his family for at least the next two generations.

What a coward.

that's a good scene the priest gave an amazing performance in it. much better than

There are a ton of great scenes. I like the one where the wife wants to divorce the baron

That one's OK but the baron's wife is such a nonfactor I didn't really care about her affair. I much preferred the scene with the doctor and the midwife where it begins with her blowing him and he shoves her away.

great film. You seen a ton of Haneke? I've only watched Amour and both versions of Funny Games but have had a hard time finding some of his lesser known material. Worth looking into?

Not that user but watch Cache.

I watched all of his movies. I think my favorite of his is Time of the Wolf. It's the most "parable-y" of his movies and I think makes for a very thought provoking watch. 71 Fragments has great structure and performances but the themes are very weak. I did not care for Cache at all, thought it was trite. Benny's Video and The Piano Teacher are incredibly vulgar but entertaining. Also thematically lacking. The White Ribbon is really good even if I'm a little confused by what Haneke was trying to say with it.

Sweet thnx. Can you give me a spoiler free gist? I I found the style in Das Weisse Band to be very reminiscent in tone to that of Dreyer which I thought was an excellent choice.
Does Cache work in a similar way, borrowing from the tone established by the work of other notable filmmakers?

here
It's a surveillance thriller that is meditative and foreboding rather than "thrilling". The conclusion is satisfying if you are very observant. It's also incredibly political.

And I also forgot Code Unknown. That movie is Haneke's style at its best.

Thanks for the reply I'll check it out.

Stop insulting Hillary Clinton.

What's the point of burning down a refugee camp? They are just going to build another one using your money anyway.

Unless it's made by the EU and you are in eastern europe, in that case is not your money so it's fine

>in that case is not your money so it's fine
Laughed hard because it's true.

>The White Ribbon is really good even if I'm a little confused by what Haneke was trying to say with it.

I got it as birth of viciousness as a result of the formal and rigorous but rotten in the inside world or something. I didn't understand what happened with the doctors family and the midwife though.
I liked Amour and Cache more to be honest.
I also want to watch it but it is hard to find his filmography.

The baron's wife is a non factor but it goes to show the cyclical nature of abuse and how it is literally everywhere in the town, even the children torture the autistic mascot boy.

>in that case is not your money so it's fine

Yeah the EU magically gets money, no european is involved on the process whatsoever

>I also want to watch it but it is hard to find his filmography.

>the state of 2017 Sup Forums

>muh private trackers
Convenience is king, and he's well known enough that his shit should be VOD

Think about how much Germany pays into the EU..

Think about how much Hungary puts into the EU

Now understand the joke.

>Convenience is king
hey reddit

So what are the odds Hanake will eventually kill himself?

Everything about the sensibility of his work suggests a man heading inevitably towards suicide. The guy is death. He even looks like death has already overtaken him.

>Happy End premiers at Cannes
>20 minute standing ovation
>wins every single award
>Haneke gets onstage
>endorses Martin Schulz
>shoots himself in the head

>Build me an army worthy of Mordor

haha, that would be great.

gosh and he even has that creepy hatable "communist face" that people with his politics ALWAYS have. what is it about that ugly, resentful ideology that sucks the beauty and life out of a person's face and gives them that quality?

how bout i slappy your shit

>Another Sup Forums meme circlejerk episode

communists always kill themselves eventually, if another communist doesn't kill them first.

*sits and waits*

*writes depressing anti-Western screenplay about the misfortunes of George and Anne*

fuck off it's fun.

kill yourself

Why? My life has meaning unlike Haneke's.

If Haneke was a comedian he'd be Hanekek

If Haneke was Jewish he'd be Hannukkah

If Haneke was a baker he'd be Hanecake