Why doesn't the goalkeeper just hold the ball when his team has scored a goal and wait for time to run out?

Why doesn't the goalkeeper just hold the ball when his team has scored a goal and wait for time to run out?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouls_and_misconduct_(association_football)#Indirect_free_kick_offences
youtube.com/watch?v=d9wO_rJrQLI
youtube.com/watch?v=AT532MpmTjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

6 second rule

want to see this

isnt it 10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouls_and_misconduct_(association_football)#Indirect_free_kick_offences

Why doesn't the goalie call up a tall defender and bounce the ball off his head every five seconds?

That's a yellow and indirect free kick too.

Source: I'm a ref.

You'd get an attacking player trying to intercept it and probably do enough to mess it up and then you're in an incredibly risky position

>7 foot keeper and 7 foot defender however might create this, just drop ball onto the players head and catch it again

Hypothetically, if the 6 second rule didn't exist, how long woulda keeper hold onto the ball before an opposition player crunched them

Why doesn’t the keeper just put shoes on his feet so he can carry the ball downfield?

What if there was a keeper with really sharp teeth and he held the ball with them?

45 minutes

The GK can't hold the ball after 6 seconds.

Really made me think

But he's not holding the ball. He's biting the ball.

What if the keeper does a Kerlon dribble?

Unsportsmanlike conduct is against the rules. It's in the book.

legitimate question what if he holds the ball, drops it and kicks it ever slightly like a golf tap, and then picks it back up. can he just do that over and over again then?

How come goalkeepers don't do tricks like this against defenders?

youtube.com/watch?v=d9wO_rJrQLI

No, once the ball is dropped its not allowed to be picked up again and would count as a handball

Why do they call him the goalkeeper? Does his disassemble the woodwork and take it home after the game?

ok what if he kicked it to a teammate and he just kicked it back

assuming the other team doesn't do ANYTHING to stop this, could he then theoretically pick it back up after someone else has touched it.

It would be extremely difficult to run accross the whole pitch and the entire opposing team like this. 2bh if a player manages to scores like that, it would be one of the most beautiful goal ever scored

But why, the ball was technically in play and was returned properly into goalkeepers hands.

Sure but with really tall guys the only option for the attacker would be to foul someone.

>Unsportsmanlike conduct
Why would that be considered unsportsmanlike conduct? Is there a rule specifically referencing goalkeepers bouncing balls on defenders heads?

back and forth GK-defender passes would become more and more hazardous, because 2 or 3 opposing players would come and press to have them commit a mistake. Mistake that could directly lead to a goal considering the distance and the players involved.
Yes the GK could pick the ball up *IF* and opposing player touches it. But is taking a very dangerous shot worth wasting 1 or 2 minutes? in my opinion, it's better to hoof the ball far far away, or have a winger go to opposing team's corner post and protect the ball with his body

Only knew of the Harlem Globetrotters and basketball from futurama episodes

I thought they were the GOAT team from the 80s or something as I had no prior basketball knowledge

now we know it's all choreographed crap.

What!

big if true

>Is there a rule specifically referencing goalkeepers bouncing balls on defenders heads
yes, i think there is a word "deliberate" in there.

Why don't forwards just pinch the ball between their legs and jump around?

you just blew my damn brain.

You can't pick the ball up from a pass from your side.

Then he is a meme and a legend

why dont all the hot boytoys on the field suck nd fuck wch other the whole game?

Not true

You can pick the ball up from a pass as long as its not off the foot, any other body part is allowed

soccer sucks

can’t he throw the ball straight up in the air and catch it every 5 seconds?

The Generals were due!!!

Obviously not you nonce

what if the goalie just bounced the ball off the bar until time ran out

so he can eat the ball if its been on the floor for less than 6 seconds?
this doesnt answer OP at all

what if the goalie just balanced the ball on his head and ran into the other teams goals

>goalkeepers bouncing balls on defenders heads
bit gay desu

Why doesn't the goalie play as a forward and throw the ball into the net?

what would happen if the goalkeeper kept throwing the ball into his own goals

Why not go to the corner flag with the ball and get all outfield players around it as protection? Surely the opposing team wouldn’t be about to get to the ball

What if a player wore a sticky shirt and picked up the ball with it then ran into the net

couldnt all 11 players just stand on the goal line and the other team would never be able to score

Only if they were really tall

what if all 10 players stood together in a tight circle and held the ball in between their chests while they walked down the field?

>as protection?
you can only really do that as one person. if more than one person is involved, the ref would just blow for obstruction.

what if someone on the team knocked the ref unconcious

What if the whole other team is there?

i don't follow. a whole team could go for the ball, but only one player would be able to "have" the ball within the opposite team. if you don't have the ball, you can't stop someone from taking it, or impeding their progress. so going to the corner flag with 10 other players from your team, those 10 other players wouldn't be allowed to do much to opponents.

players often go to one of the other team's corner flags with the ball to stall time though.

what if players wore silly costumes when they played? wouldn't that be funny haha

wat if multipass

couldnt the goalie do the worm on top of the ball all the way across the pitch and into the other teams goals

>obstruction
>impeding
Why do they let defenders get away with shielding the ball from the attacking player as it trickles over the end line then? Poor enforcement?

why dont all 11 players just sit down in a circle around the ball so the other team cant get to it?

>Why do they let defenders get away with shielding the ball from the attacking player as it trickles over the end line then?
because they are allowed to do so since they are shielding it. that means they're seen as having possession the ball. and only one player can do that, basically.

>since they are shielding it. that means they're seen as having possession
that's dumb tbqhwyf

and here I thought handegg was the only sport with arcane overwrought and subjective rules

What if they all go to the corner and touch it. They are technically passing and playing the ball. Also, but obstruction cause the are playing the ball

this

Why don't the eagles just fly the ball into the other team's goal?

what if goals from outside the box counted as two?

would count as a pass back, other team get's a free kick

why doesnt the goalie just hold the ball and stuff it up one of the players shirts, then the whole team forms a ring round him and they run all the way into the opponents goal?

Are you allowed to change your formation during play or after half time?
If you switch players out during half time does that count towards your sub count?

What if each half teams took turns attacking and defending?

without the rule you could just stand in a ring and protect the ball from other players, but that wouldn't be very interesting, unless you like handegg.
well you wouldn't be able to cram that many there, you have to be within a certain distance of the ball. if you aren't the ref would blow.
it happens during games with one or two players, but it doesn't last long, and sending an entire team to the other end is dangerous.

You probably can fill the goal with 9 and stack 2 on top... there might be a few holes, but they'd be small

what if they put a beach ball in the field?

youtube.com/watch?v=AT532MpmTjw

Someone answer.

I must know these answers

you can move your 11 players anywhere you please during the game and also during half time

you can only make 3 subs including during half time

what if you threw pocket sand at the defenders face?

Is an beach ball a athlete?

I don't think you can let a player ride on another player's shoulders, could be wrong though

Why isn't the 4th sub during extra time mandatory yet

it's a matter of time only i'd say

Maybe i am not catching it but i dont see formation changes during play, is it an uncommom thing?

What if your mum held my balls until my cum ran out

What if countries were allowed to play soccer using that own country's football rules (ie, American football players playing American football against a soccer team playing soccer)

Why are amerimutts so stupid

Mostly see it after half time where the manager has time to explain the new gameplan. Usually depends on the current score.

they where banned from the NBA because they where too good.

only good post in this shit thread

They get changed quite regularly
It's easier to see a formation change if you can see the whole pitch when you are in the stands, harder to see on the tv because it's zoomed in

Rush goalie

Happens often. You don't need a sub to change formations. Look at how a team lines up late in the game when they need a goal. The only time you ever really see a formation on TV is during a kick off.

What this guys says, there's a lot of shit you miss on TV that you can notice live. There's players that you always wonder how the hell they get paid to to this when you've only seen them on TV and then you watch them live and you understand why.

Are you Serb scum?

he would get one of this

Why doesn't the defence and midfield just stand on the goalline and turn their back to make an impenetrable wall behind the goalkeeper and then punt the ball up to the strikers?

Why doesn't the goalkeeper just kill the guy who's about to score? Even if he gets a red, he's gonna get replaced.

Lmao okay I'll give soccer a chance

why can’t the players just cover their heads with pine tar so the ball sticks to it?

?? How would they shoot it ??

I know 4-3-3 means 4 defence, 3 mid, and 3 foward. but when i see #1-#2-#3-#4, #1 being defence and #4 being foward, what the hell are the other 2 numbers?

defensive and offensive midfielders

When a team gets the lead why don't they just play keep away the rest of the game?