What went so terribly wrong going from X-Men First Class(which was an okay film) to Apocalypse...

What went so terribly wrong going from X-Men First Class(which was an okay film) to Apocalypse? Did Sup Forums even think Days of Future Past was any good?

DoFP was good for the first half until it was just muh mystique and magneto shit fest like every other x men movie. When they leave Quicksilver behind, you can just shut off the movie.

>What went so terribly wrong?
Bryan-fucking-Singer

I hate that faggot since 2000

Can't you have your own opinion you pathetic faggot?

They turned it into the Hunger Games with Superpowers.

Days of Future past was really good until Mystique showed up.

JLaw is a terrible actress.

Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique suddenly becoming the single most important mutant for each movie

JLaw ruined these movies. First Class was good, then they get worse and worse with her.

>old xmen movies became Jackman movies. It sucks because i like the whole team but if they had to focus on someone he was the best choice

Jlaw is the new Wolverine in terms of focus. Kill me

Wolverine was a good character though. Mystique was always peripheral.

It would be like focusing it on Cyclops, or fucking Toad.

this desk but dofp was shit from start to funding finish.

You'll like the next movie, it's about Sophie Turner's Jean Grey.

What makes you think I havent seen Apocalypse AKA "THE THIRD MOVIE IS ALWYAS THE WORST ONE HURR DURR IM ACTING"

DOFP was the best of them imo. But yes, Mystique suddenly being the center of everything was a bad call, as was making her Xavier's adopted sister. Absolutely nothing in the previous movies indicates she has ever had any sort of personal relationship with Charles.

Not enuff of my January Jones

Same problem in all three; Too much Mystique who is an awful character and too much of Magneto's "muh oppression". The X-Men universe has a lot of stories to tell and they need to move on. Days of Future Past ALMOST did that but then pulled back.

Bryan Singer has only one type of story to tell and when the X-Men started it was a great story but now we're what, ten movies(?), into the X-Men saga comparing Mutants to being Gay is just not flying anymore.
Matthew Vaughn was able to make the movies fun again(Brett Ratner was so bad that they've retconned his film out of continuity) because he embraced the camp of the era while still taking the characters and situation seriously.

I did love the 80s aesthetic of Age of Apocalypse and the fact that no-one seems to give a shit that nobody is aging between movies despite twenty years having passed(just like in comic books).

First class was good. Days of futures past was pretty bad to mediocre, apocalypse was absolute fucking garbage

Ive hated Jean Grey ever since tge 90s cartoon. Wolverine, Gambit, prof X and Jubilee were always my favorite xmen. I couldn't stand cyclops or Jean

i always thought fassy was the man but i met in person and he was a manlet

>people un-ironically like first class
its garbage

>jubilee
>not rogue

You nearly had a decent opinion

Apocalypse was balls to the walls comic book camp, and I both liked and despised it.

What really bothered me in it most was how Magneto just lets Apocalypse take Charles with no objection, knowing Apo was going to transfer his mind to him and essentially kill Xavier. But later, Raven yells something like 'think of Charles!' to him, which makes Magneto have a flashback of how much he loves Charles and then betrays Apocalypse.

Did Magneto for a moment just forget what he was doing?

>First class was good.
Fassbender and Based Mcavoy are the only things that elevated that movie honestly.

Jennifer Lawrence becoming famous ruined the series.

>tge 90s cartoon
Bishop and Cable were hysterically badass to me as a kid.

>X-Men First Class(which was an okay film)
what went wrong was whatever was in your head telling you it had value

You mean he was a snob or something? Or just short?

This... why did he have to come back? First Class was objectively better than most of Singer X-men movies yet the moment that movie delivered they brought the fucker back. WHY?!

no, he was cool, he was just short. i thought he was way taller. he was shorter than me and i'm not that tall

>i thought he was way taller
Its always weird meeting a celebrity IRL, you've got the silver screen illusion in your head and then you meet them and your brain has a hard time dealing with the fact that they're actually just people.
Short people with enormous heads.

DoFP was good, but it was even more forgettable than a Marvel movie.

Wtf fassy is 6 foot even. Even on screen he's taller than most of the men hes with

he definitely isn't 6 foot, trust me. celebrities lie

Singer wasn't the problem. As stated, the weird focus on Mystique/Lawrence was and that goes all the way back to First Class.

X-Men 1 back in 2000 was a solid start. It was a good movie. X2 X-Men United was fantastic, a great sequel. Then Singer left to work on Superman Returns and we got the shitty X-Men Last Stand which was mostly awful.

Then First Class comes around and like X2, it was a great X-Men movie and a fresh start to the series. Singer returns for DOFP which was the perfect meld of new and old. The first hour, hour and a half is superb. Seeing the original cast and new cast was cool and that Quicksilver scene was the best X-Men scene since Nightcrawler's introduction in X2.

Then it all goes to shit, pretty much around the time Mystique becomes the sole focus and reason these events are even occurring in the first place. Her role since First Class is expanded and she takes part in nearly every scene/event. The assassination, Trask, the sentinels, Magneto, Wolverine's origin, etc. etc.

By Apocalypse, the franchise was right back to Last Stand levels of crap.

I feel you on that. She is dull and all of her stories are shit.

>all of her stories are shit.
DARK PHOENIX, NIGGER!

all the x men films including the 5,000 wolverine films are shit.

>Sophie Turner
>Jean Grey.
Why would they do this?

>Bryan-fucking-Singer
>meanwhile adoring his X-MEN1-2and DoFP
how?

It's the villain.

In First Class villain was good. He wasn't god-like monster, he just had gimmick that made him incredibly dangerous.

In Days of the Future Past sentinels were villains, and it worked because you could see how brutal and merciless they are.

With Apocalypse they hyped him as god-like monster that can pretty much destroy anything he looks at but they just threw in bunch of kids to zerg him.

erik and charles shouldve fucked.

i cant believe they had a gay director for 2 and 3 yet the movies lost the homoerotic touch of First Class

yeah and anonymous posters on Sup Forums always tell the truth

>we want the game of thrones audience.

Why did they always give Mystique a dumb hairstyle? She straight up looks retarded in kid form in the movies.

Eh, I still felt it in DOFP.

>You abandoned me!