Why do white Latin Americans get so goddamned triggered when you say they aren't western?

Why do white Latin Americans get so goddamned triggered when you say they aren't western?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country
defensa.com/argentina/tiradores-elite-ejercito-argentino-entrenan-espana
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlwtJfqJMBw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>white
>latin americans

>latin america
>western

No.

They are Western. Their country is not.

Western is just an umbrella term for where whites/euros went.

The only reason Latin America and the Carribean aren't is because the Spaniards, Portuguese, Brits, French and Dutch thought it would be fun to racemix and see what happens.

Western is a cultural monicker, not some racial club Alberto

Because they're western
Western =/= 1st world =/= white

Wrong yet again.

Because it reminds them they are unwanted wh*Te invaders in Amerindian lands.

No, I'm not, you're objectively wrong
"a heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems and specific artifacts and technologies that have some origin or association with Europe. The term also applies beyond Europe, to countries and cultures whose histories are strongly connected to Europe by immigration, colonization, or influence."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_culture

Doesn't matter.

You'll never be true Western unless you share the looks.

Travel a bit, and you will understand.

"you;re wrong:
"doesnt matter' lol fucking retard

I have traveled a bit and personally I share the looks, makes no difference. Pictured is a monument to a Native American.

>I have traveled a bit and personally I share the looks

Then it's normal.

Because they are? Even most mestizos are Western. Indigenous communities whom actively retain their own cultural and social norms are the exception.

Africans are western by this standard.

Probably because we know the cardinal directions.

>western beliefs
>western political system
>western economical system
Yeah, why no

Are you arguing that predominantly English speaking, Christian Africans are western?

Almost all christians in Africa are Pentecostals, while in South America protestants only start to grow in number after 2000.
Religiously speaking Africa is closer to the US than to SA.

No such thing.

What's the point of the term "western culture" if it just means "white"?

Some Africans could be Western, yes, it depends to the degree to which European customs and traditions are stronger than native ones in any given country, how they themselves self identify, etc.

Another factor is ancestry and how it impacts culture, most Latin Americans have some degree of European ancestry and this influences customs at home, that may not be the case for some places in Africa.

Because white latin americans are more atuned to european culture than white americans?
You white americans do all sorts of weird shit like taking religious seriously and stockpiling assault rifles

whites =/= western
Juarez is right, Manuel. Being from west has nothing to do with race. They may not be white, but are western. In some places they even look whiter than you who were blacked by mouros.

don't trigger the freedombrigade

You're all wrong, being western is cultural but it stands to reason mixed race people have mixed cultures unless they are adopted.If you are a pardo then you probably have cultural figments of African culture that you dont notice.

>Because white latin americans are more atuned to european culture than white americans?

I just don't get how people use "western" as a synonym for developed countries and then also define Latin America and parts of Africa as western.

cringe

>san luis something
is that in california?

Nonsense

But Africans are Western. They were western colonies and they were westernized.

t.butthurt mestizos

>Western culture is a term used very broadly to refer to a heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems and specific artifacts and technologies that have some origin or association with Europe. The term also applies beyond Europe, to countries and cultures whose histories are strongly connected to Europe by immigration, colonization, or influence.

>taking religious seriously
latin american masses are religious as fuck.
most americans only pay the lip service. but when pope travels to latam, millions of people go crazy about seeing him.

So literally every country is western now because of globalization?

>Latin american masses
You're comparing white americans to mestizo latin americans
That says it all

so "white" latin americans are not religious catholics?

No. Countries in the west of the globe are western. Countries in the east are eastern.
The whole NATO context ceased to be relevant long ago.
People want to bring culture up but Latin America was colonized almost entirely by europeans so the european culture is stronger there than in North America.

No.

I don't get why people bring the African example. You can see that African culture is very different. A lot of them maintain some those tribal customs and everything IIRC.

lol don't be ridiculous

I only hear people talking about god in Sup Forums, religion is dead unless you are american or brown or both

>You can see that African culture is very different. A lot of them maintain some those tribal customs and everything IIRC.
A lot of them are more "westernized" than a lot of Latin America.

That would certainly make them Western then

LOS

Everytime there's a "is latinamerica western?" thread, the first few replies always come to the conclusion that while there's some degree of westernization, Latinamerica is its own thing. Other people from here say it too, even

sure thing breh

i am upper middle class and catholic
you atheists will burn in hell

If we go by religion, Argentina is more of a western country than the US. But then again, that's not hard, since we don't have people actively trying to deny evolution and take it out of school books.

how interesting, i was about to post this link:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

USA: 69%
Argentina: 65%

Pretty much same, huh?

Salta is the least white province in the whole country

But the USA still has a white majority while Argentina has a mixed race majority.
You see our point here? we are comparing white americans with white latin americans not white americans with mestizos.

but these people are as white as it gets in argentina. it is right there in the pic, take a look.

Yeah, I actually looked at half a dozen maps and graphs about it, with the US being more religious every time. Congratz on being as western as Argentina at best bru

Black Americans and Native Americans did more for the west than any midget paleface spicbarker south of the border

>there are Brazilians and Argentinians who unironically think they're more Western than THE current Western cultural power

stop

there is nothing wrong with being catholic

at least is better than being a pr*testant

I see a line of white politicians that have to be there because work,white priests that are probably from elsewhere and native american looking crowds

You mean the ones filled with muslims dictating which streets follow sharia and throwing acid on people?

you are the one trying to correlate being atheist with being western. your original point was "taking religion seriously" is somehow against western values. i simply pointed out that you are not exactly an atheist society, that's all.

You agree with me but you are too stupid to realize it, you hate protestants because they are more religious, that's the whole point.
>Europeans that came to America 80 years ago are less European that Europeans that came to America 200 years ago? madness!
Mexican intellectual spotted

Not the same argie, but follow the replies long enough and you'll see that it ends up with an argie saying Americans take religion more seriously, and you replying that it's the other way around. Turns out it wasn't.

You are a retard and I can prove it
See this ? "White latin Americans" this is the group of people we are discussing
Now lets see your post "latin american masses " this is the group of people YOU think we are discussing because you cannot fucking read
I'm trilingual and my english is better than your's

White latin Americans have no different culture than their peers and social class is far more of a determinant when it comes to education. If one is culturally Western then the other ones as well and viceversa.

>your's
trilingual as in spanish, portuñol and hand signs?

that assblasted over nothing. nice.

I rather be assblasted than stupid.

Smh why do Argentineans wanna be western so much?

Argentina is an extra-NATO country who even sent troops to the persian gulf and currently training in NATO exercises... How this is not western?

defensa.com/argentina/tiradores-elite-ejercito-argentino-entrenan-espana

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlwtJfqJMBw

but it s a sign of stupidity. also, stupid people often overestimate their abilities. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
but it is ok. calm down friendo.

lol you wish

One is Western, the other ones are Westernized.

Stupid people more often than not start an argument over a reading comprehension error against people that could read properly despite the original text not being in their native tongue
I say its a more accurate sign of stupidity than getting mad at stupidity

They have nothing else going for them, why not latch onto an actually successful civilization instead of being grouped with the rest of Latin America?

That inferiority complex, you cannot handle the fact that some people in your region are from a different and better culture, no they must all be latinos, brown and poor like us! oh sweetie.

Threadly reminder that you are trying to reason with the only Argentinian dumbass on this board who is eurocentrism, wannabe white and white supremacist, who is also a deluded fuck who thinks that Argentina is "wuait" and culturally ""European""" instead of mestizo
Yeah he lives in a world of his own. He is not sane. Ignore him and you'll do us and him a favor.

Summarizing, yes Argentina is culturally and ethnically mestizo, a mix of Native American and Spaniard.
Not Western though, there is a difference.

No one in this thread claimed that the majority of any latin american country is white
Calm the fuck down boludito

I don't actually like the concept of Latin America, being grouped with South America is highly unpalatable.
>are from a different and better culture
I think the fact that your country is a shithole is a point in favor of you not being Western :)
>inb4 Mexico is a worse shithole
I know! Haha.

sorry i am partially to blame i somehow triggered you. i was just curious about religion stats. nothing to do with proving or disproving if you are western or not.

I know argentina is a shithole, I don't see what that has to do with anything ITT

Point is Argentina is not western, it's culturally a mix between Amerindians and Spaniards, down to 50-50%

So no, you're not doing yourself and favor by calling Americans non-western since they are the definition of western, with its pros and cons but they are THE western nation.

What's important is that the true latins rise up and kill the wh*Te """"man""""".

If you think European Latins are PoC, you should kill yourself and drop your whole PoC power bullshit.

>Point is Argentina is not western
Agreed but that was never the point of this thread and was never discussed in this thread dumbass
> it's culturally a mix between Amerindians and Spaniards, down to 50-50%
Ok you're exagerating or trolling now
>So no, you're not doing yourself and favor by calling Americans non-western since they are the definition of western, with its pros and cons but they are THE western nation.
Europe is the epicentre of the west, the USA is a former European colony therefore western culture predates the USA

Give me one (1) good reason ameridians should not mass murder wh*Tes.

There isn't any but that's not what my comments is about.

May the pachamama hold you in all her grace and glory.
Whites have their days counted, all brown nations shall unite against the pasty menace.

>pachamama
I cringe everytime a nature activist says that word. Just call it nature ffs, stop pushing your amerindian language down my throat

Spanish is trash

Because OP's pic is not a white latinamerican but a burger emigree in some mormon colony somewhere in the mexican desert

Because Americans don't know jackshit about geography. This is the only reason.

>murica say Brazil is not western
>then we are eastern?
>no
See, this is why we call you names.

That bitch obviously has a foreign last name. Every single person with blue eyes/blonde hair in Mexico has at least one foreign parent or grandparent.

Native American languages>>>your beloved pisshit europoid languages.

Es gracioso por que los jipis piensan que los indios eran activistas del greepeace y el otro dia se juntaron a celebrar la pachamama (una celebración del tinku bolita en buenos aires) y dejaron todo lleno de basura y olor a fritura

Say something in amerindian?

bruh

Mish kama? --> How are you?
Nde! --> Hello!
Taken due --> Shut up!
Namishi koho --> Fucking whore
Shonda --> Faggot

I'm missing many but those are cool for now :)

>Del "anything"
>not foreign to Mexico

unless your name is Cazonci Itzcoatl your ass is a foreigner

How to you say:
>How much for the kid?

Imaynallatah kasanki, matataq ruhuanki?

>Implying what?
You believe in the one drop rule? Mexicans overwhelmingly have European ancestry even if that's painful for you to hear and no that doiesn't mean we are "white" as a people, it means the same as if you have parents of different nationalities you get to ingherit both cultures.

amilaxolopitli