What 'race' are British/English?

What 'race' are modern 'indigenous white britons/english', Sup Forums? A lot of shit happened in our ancient history that it's hard to even tell.

From what I can estimate, it kind of goes like this:

>A big bowl of Celtic Britons/original settlers.
>Add a dash of Rome from the Roman Conquest.
>Throw in a lump of Anglo's, Saxons and Jutes (who were north germanic and south denmark) during the anglo-saxon migration.
>Add another big lump of northern denmark/norway/true norse from constant Viking wars and the Danelaw being established in northern england
>Then another sprinkle of French-Norse (what with William the Conqueror and his army being the grandchildren of Viking settlers given land in Normandy, so pretty much 50/50 norse/french)

What would you guys say? In light of new scientific evidence that none of these migrations ever really truly 'overtook' the original celtic genes?

I'd estimate:
>50% Celtic British
>20% Anglo-Saxon
>20% Norse
>5% French (whatever the fuck that is. I assume Celtic Gaulic)
>3% Roman
>2% Other

I won't bother getting into facts like North england and Scotland are more Norse than South England, Wales and Cornwall due to Danelaw conquests and so on, or that Anglo-Saxon genes are more prominent in the East, but have I got the general idea right?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_britishgene.html
prospectmagazine.co.uk/features/mythsofbritishancestry
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Basques
kvenland.com/
nature.com/ncomms/2016/160119/ncomms10408/full/ncomms10408.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most of us"orginal" Brits are descended from the Basque people of Catalonia.

Just have a look at Welsh people and you see the original darker Britons. England is dominated by Anglo-Saxons. Welsh literally means 'the others' in Germanic language, signifying the ethnic devide that existed in Dark Ages Britain.

You are Germanic

>Anglos
>human

Also, the Celts and Anglo-Saxons were cultures, not peoples. Anglo-Saxon heritage is strongly concentrated in Kent, outside of that, you'll find almost no Germanic heritage. There are bodies that have been dragged out of bogs that are 5000 years old and can still be linked to people around the area. Race-mixing wasn't common back then.

>Anglo mods deleting my post

>Anglos
>white

most of them don't look it

Most of the orginal celtic people are the welsh..

Hello eternal Anglo shitposting Turk.
still forcing that meme is see?

mr bean?

>Anglos
>rapefugees

pick both

What a moronic image. Four of them look white as FUCK and the others look like white genetic mutations. The only "non-white" looking one is that comedian.

How's that Quebec independence coming along for you?

>"le it's just a meme" meme

white looking =/= being actually white

% French (whatever the fuck that is. I assume Celtic Gaulic)
Try 45%

Basque people aren't from Catalonia.

There's no black and white all-encompassing answer to your question. It's better to ask what a Cornishman is, or an East Anglian, or a Yorkshireman.

And Cornish. Studies have consistently shown that the Welsh and Cornish are genetically distinguished from their neighbours. Even the northern Welsh are distinct from those in the south.

This is inaccurate. They did testing on it and the highest Germanic mix is in East Yorkshire, East Anglia etc (basically anywhere the three main groups landed).

You are right that Celts do not exist though, for example the Scots are more closely related to the English than they are the Irish. The North and South Welsh are more closely related to English regions that border them than they are to other Welsh people.

"Cultures" that just floated in, disembodied, on the wind, eh? FFS, how fucking gullible are you?

Anglos are savages, that's sure

I don't get what's wrong with Russel Brand. He looks normal to me.

The Britons have been quite resilient and are still mostly descended from the original tribe after the ice age:
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_britishgene.html

The genetic evidence points towards there being a kind of apartheid between the Anglo-Saxons and the Britons. While the ruling classes were Anglos, most peasants remained Briton and most whites still are.

>2005
Outdated lad. there was a huge study done last year by Oxford University which showed that the Anglo-Saxons are the ancestors of about 40% of English people.

Pakistani

Yeah? I mean, its basically fact that the British and Irish are descended from the Catalonians. DNA testing proves it, and there's even a fucking Irish pre-Cristian myth that the Irish are decended from the Milesians, a Spanish tribe. Of course that was before you all became Muslims.

Daily reminder

The end goal of the Anglo agenda is that all races mix themselves into a brown unity race controlled by beady-eyed Anglo BLOOD, that is intelligent enough to work for Anglo BLOOD and consume Anglo BLOOD products but dumb enough to resist Anglo BLOOD oppression.

Spot on friend.

Is it BR-EYE-TONS or BR-IH-TONS

white

I would say mostly Indians or Pakistanis

Milesians weren't a Spanish tribe. It literally means "Soldiers of Spain," and they were supposedly Gallaecians under the leadership of the sons of a man named Breogan. It's mythology.

The English are not indigenous, and neither are the Britons.

Fucking Nigels, you're not even white.

t. Celt.

Ok, thanks for the info, Adolf.

Brit-tons.

Negroid

Celts don't even exist lad.

Please explain your distinction between Britons and Celts.

Yes they were. Why do you think Catalonia is included with the Celts?

>its mythology

Mythology that survived the Christian attempts to purge it, so it must have meant a great deal to the British and Irish for us to have protected it as much.

>I got the general idea right?
It looks like it. I don't know what else you want answered.

English people are a mix of iberian (celts), anglo-saxon and norse blood, and also some roman and french

god I'd love to worship her feet tho

Bear in mind the Frisian invasion of England about a hundred years before the Romans arrived.

I think:
>25% Celt
>10% Norman
>5% Frisian
>25% Norse
>25% Anglo-Saxon
>10% Other (French, Spanish, Romans and other filth)

Not true.

1) There is no such thing as a Celt. It was just a language group, not a genetic one.
2) Anglo-Saxons were the only group to leave a legacy, the Norse did not because there were not enough of them.
3) The Romans did not settle Britain but rather worked with local elites, there was a small military garrison, and genetic testing shows no significance from it.
4) The Normans did not contribute in genetic terms. Only a few thousand of them came over.

I reckon your ratio's are about right, the Romans and Normans were there as occupying forces, mostly police and soldiers so their blood wouldn't be that intermingled, the rest were settlers and shaggers.

Stop saying Catalonia. There is no connection between Catalonia and the Basques, or the Gallaecians. The Gallaecia lived on the other side of the Iberian peninsula from modern-day Catalonians.

What are you talking about? The story of the Milesians gained even greater popularity after Ireland was Christianised, because it was used by local lords as the basis of their legitimacy to power. They would create elaborate genealogies which traced back to the Milesians as a means of clearly establishing their authority.

You're also taking Oppenheimer's theory to conclusions his studies never came to. He concluded that the British are largely related to modern Iberians, using Basques in particular as the case study. That is to say, many modern British and modern Iberians share some of the same ancestors. This is not the same as saying that the British are descended from Basques or from people who came from the Iberian peninsula.

And as someone already pointed out, Oppenheimer's study is outdated by a decade.

Christ, how dense can you be?You as good as denied the physical existence of your most successful and influential ancestors.

Holy fuck you're back.

I missed you.

The master race.

90 fucking percent german, just look at that
old nasty cunt you call " queen". ..btw, learn how to football, britcunt.

Sutton Hoo mask is Finnish.

Also, the eldest DNA found in British Islands are Finnic.

The first kings (before chistianity) of England, Scotland etc. were also FInns.

I was in London actually just until yesterday
Had no time to post

i suspect hes just fucking around with us. i dont want to entertain the alternative. would be too depressing.

This article is a good read.
prospectmagazine.co.uk/features/mythsofbritishancestry

I'm Nortern Irish btw.

Ok

the worse one: anglojews

the evil trinity who is ruining the white race: irsael - uk - usa

Fuck off you stipid Spaniard. We all know you got cucked by Muslims and now you are one. Don't fucking talk to me like I'm some prick. Know your place, you disgusting Arab.

>a fucking leaf trying to lecture me on my own ancestry

Bullshit, British people are Catalonian (Basque/Milesians). The Iberians are a Fir Bolg from Greece (after the Metics breed them out of existance) and the Middle East. Hence why we tried to genocide them.

Mix of Celtic, Anglo and Norse.

It looks like I have to lecture you because you still don't understand that Basque =/= Catalonian. Now I'm sure this guy is right.

More stupid divide and conquer threads. Amazing.

>calling us arabs
>what is La Reconquista and La Santa Inquisición / purge they did
>the 1st name in your country is mohammed
>ours is not

ahmed pls. enjoy your last (you),
these guys already btfo you.

welcome to the classic tactic of the anglojews

there were people in britain before the celts got here

> Basque people of Catalonia.

lol

Well of course a Canadian would agree with Muslims because you're French.

Yeah but you were literally owned by Muslims for hundreds of years. Given their um... sexual urges urges its pretty much fact that you are Muslims.If you're not muslim, then why are ou brown?

>Basque people of Catalonia
wut

Yes, there were. But it's still not understood whether the people in Britain "became" Celts due to migration or a process of acculturation.

In any case there is no difference between a Briton and a Celt. Briton = Brython = Brettaniai, meaning anyone who hails from the British Isles. At the time this term was coined by the Greeks and Romans, they were referring chiefly to the Celtic peoples who lived there.

I'm Cornish, actually. Don't get arseharmed because you made stupid posts and people picked up on it.

>Basque people of Catalonia
nigga wut

Anyway, basques are descendants of iberians (even basque language is a dialect of iberian language). Are you implying that anglos are descendants of spaniards?

You realise we.are talking about iberia ~15000 years ago, right? Not modern day spain

Our closest common ancestry is with the Basque people

This user is correct, there is evidence to show that the british population is originally from iberia

That doesn't help your argument because 15,000 years ago Catalonians didn't exist and the Basques STILL didn't come from Catalonia.

The Basques were most closely related to the Aquitani. They were related to Iberians proper (the people living in El Levante), but they were most closely linked to the Aquitani. Basques are not, nor have they ever been, Catalonians or from Catalonia.

> English heritage
> family tree can be traced back a long, long time
> mostly scandinavian, russian and ukranian DNA matches
> we wuz vikings

>

Traitor! You're decended from the Basque!

We're the decendants of white spaniards (neanderthals). Hpw dopes it feel Muslim? That now we've left the EU, the Anglo Empire on the tables? We're going to ally with America, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and all our friends. And we're going to make it so you can work 40 hours a week. The Anglos are rising my friend. We're are going to pump Benidorm full off our Basque sperm and have English Breakfast there. Your Senioritas or however the fuck you spell it wil be begging for UK sperm. Also, Gibraltor is ours. Get used to 40 hour work weeks, you cuck. Can't wait until the British Empire finishes what we started years ago.

>And Cornish. Studies have consistently shown that the Welsh and Cornish are genetically distinguished from their neighbours. Even the northern Welsh are distinct from those in the south.
Which ones are more on the dole?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Basques

I would be proud if that were true because I have a great respect for Basques and Iberians in general. But it's not true.

Do I share ancestors with Basque people? Yes.
Are we, in general, descended from the same people? Yes.
Does that mean I'm descended from Basques? No.

Let me put it this way:
Are both ostriches and crows descended from theropod dinosaurs? Yes.
Do they descend from the same dinosaurs? Yes.
Does that mean ostriches are descended from crows? No.

This isn't very difficult.

The catalonia guy is a moron but he's still right about British people being descended from basque settlers thousands of years ago. These people were the first to settle Britain and Ireland and haven't actually ever been replaced by other peoples who settled on the islands.

The Irish are strongly associated with the celtic people and the British with the saxon people, but this is due to their cultural dominance of those areas, rather than their ethnic displacement of the original population.

What?

kvenland.com/

How's that falling pound going for you?

What's the deal with the welsh and cornish are they just northen frenchies then or what?

If you had simply ctrl+f'd that article and searched Catalonia you'd get your answer.

If you look at the map half-way down the page, where it clearly shows that the Basques occupied (as they do today) the foothills of either side of the Pyrenees, hugging the Bay of Biscay, you'd get your answer.

I say again, Basque =/= Catalan. Historical Basque territory =/= Catalonia.

Probably the Welsh.

YOURE FUCKING WHITE FAGGOT.

>British population history has been shaped by a series of immigrations, including the early Anglo-Saxon migrations after 400 CE. It remains an open question how these events affected the genetic composition of the current British population. Here, we present whole-genome sequences from 10 individuals excavated close to Cambridge in the East of England, ranging from the late Iron Age to the middle Anglo-Saxon period. By analysing shared rare variants with hundreds of modern samples from Britain and Europe, we estimate that on average the contemporary East English population derives 38% of its ancestry from Anglo-Saxon migrations. We gain further insight with a new method, rarecoal, which infers population history and identifies fine-scale genetic ancestry from rare variants. Using rarecoal we find that the Anglo-Saxon samples are closely related to modern Dutch and Danish populations, while the Iron Age samples share ancestors with multiple Northern European populations including Britain.
nature.com/ncomms/2016/160119/ncomms10408/full/ncomms10408.html

38% east England, considering it decreases going west one could say Brits are about 1/3 Anglo-Saxon on average

Analogy is useless because Ostiches aren't the same species as crows.

British people are associated with the Anglos because of Sexburga, a Gemrna Christian queen who did a lot good for people in 700AD, hence ehy Anglo culture spread. But gnetically, we aren't anglo, aside from Kent, where the Anglos cucked the local populace.

No, the Bretons are the progeny of Welshmen and Cornishmen who were fleeing the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, etc. We are native to the British Isles.

When did i mention catalonia? I mentioned iberia you fucking leaf

It's perfectly usable. Much as ostriches and crows are not the same species, Basques and Britons are not the same ethnic group.

But now you're nitpicking. You understood my analogy perfectly well.

Someones been listening to that ugly brummie nigger. You're Anglo Saxon if you're English. Celt if you're Welsh/Scot.

You butted in on a discussion that hinged on this assertion . In any case, even if we were to treat Oppenheimer's conclusions as gospel it could still not be said that Britons are descended from Basques, and as such the article you posted would be of little use.

Yolu've already defeated yourself. Species aren't ethnic groups. I mean, I understand we're a lot smarter than the old Basques, but we're still decended from them. We're their T-Rex to their Allosauras. Except, maybe the analogy isn't completely correct. I'd say we're th Troodons, very intelligent creatures.

Also, that map is from time of roman arrival to iberia, not time of migration to britain

you are painfully ignorant, please stop. i almost regret being your countryman.