Netflix

>Netflix
>$9.99

>Amazon Prime
>$10.99 (includes way more than just video)

>Showtime
>$8.99

>Starz
>$8.99

>Hulu
>$11.99 with no ads

>HBO
>$14.99

Why is HBO so expensive?

It's 5 dollars ...after paying 35 dollars for DirecTVnow

HBO will have to drop their price, they are no longer the spot for great TV shows anymore with garbage like GoT, Big little Lies, Veep, and even westworld have terrible plot points that would make any veteran of the channel drop their subscription.

Game of Thrones is popular and expensive

>torrent
>$0.00

Once Leftovers finishes I am done with HBO. In terms of television that was the only great show they had left.

Pirating

Free

Yes, well I'm not a thieving nigger, and I'm rich enough to pay for it.

It's not just tv, it's HBO®.

Amazon Prime is only 8.25/month if you pay for a whole year.

I would pay 15 dollars a month for The Young Kino desu senpai

How? It's the cheapest one, but it gives you WAY more than any of the others.

Do they have good streaming content? I've never looked into what they have.

I just mail $15/month to Paolo Sorrentino.

Nah it's like 2 decent shows and faster postage

>torrents
>$0.00

also because HBO has content people actually want

>Do they have good streaming content?
They occasionally get some good movies up there. They've got a bunch of riff trax on now.

They have the regular Hollywood movies that Netflix has, plus they have the exclusive rights to stream Mr. Robot, so that's something. When it comes to their original shows, they have Catastrophe, which I fucking hate, but it gets great reviews and most people seem to like it. As well as Fleabag, which was a critical darling last year, and The Grand Tour, the successor to Top Gear.

I think the main reason to get the video service is their original movies. Really patrician stuff is already there or coming. You can stream The Handmaiden right now, and Manchester by the Sea, Patterson, The Salesman, and Gimme Danger are all coming soon.

Other than that, Prime gives you free two day shipping on almost everything from Amazon.com, as well as a shitty version of Spotify, but if you want Amazon's full version of Spotify, Prime members get a discount. You get Audible Channels, which has some really good podcasts, and if you watch Twitch at all, it's ad-free, and you get a free downloadable game every now and then. Also, new video games are something like 20% off.

All for less than a monthly Netflix subscription.

then why are you complaining about prices

This. And the main selling point of Prime is unlimited 2-day shipping. The streaming service is more of a bonus.

They have to pay for Bill Maher and John Oliver's extravagant life styles.

Does the streaming include 4k content or do you have to pay extra for that?

I don't think there's any 4K. I haven't checked because I can't play it, but I'm pretty sure it's just regular 1080p.

$15 a month is just much higher than the others.

there, there

>complaining about a $20 service

You guys arent poor, are you?

>I allow myself to be scammed
>Haha i don't give a shit you must be poor

>scammed
>know exactly what you are getting and what it costs