/180/: 2018 WILLIAM HILL WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 7

With 10 seeds already gone in this year's World Championship, there's certainly potential for two more to be leaving tonight in this remarkable event.

Starting off the evening is the final preliminary round fixture between China's Xiaochen Zong and New Zealand's Bernie Smith. The prelims this year have been a significantly higher standard than normal, with just one average below 80 and three above 90. However, these two total unknowns may completely ruin that stat and provide a comedy prelim we all know and love.

Returning to round 1, we begin with a clash of the children as tantrum-prone St. Helens kid Michael Smith takes on Irish upstart Steve Lennon. Bully Boy has remarkably shown a new steel to himself in recent months, with no sulking and throwing darts aimlessly. Smith's newfound character first made its appearance at the Grand Slam, where his opponent tonight produced four solid performances in his first ever major appearance with total composure. This promises to be a really good match.

One man who made himself public enemy #1 at Wolverhampton was Simon Whitlock, who starts his Worlds campaign against Martin Schindler, the German #2 (behind Kevin Münch of course). The Wizard's complete ignorance of Berry van Peer's dartitis saw him subsequently get embarrassed in all 3 group games, but his year overall has improved once more, making the World Grand Prix final and returning to the top 16. Schindler's emergence this year saw him outperform World Cup teammate Max Hopp and make the European Championship, but the Aussie's vast experience could knock down The Wall.

The evening ends with a game of "Guess When The Night Finishes" as unbearably slow Justin Pipe plays the prelim winner. The Force has remarkably failed to win a game here since the 2014 edition, but after his run to the Players Championship Finals semi, he should surely break that duck... even if it means the session ends at 1am.

Coverage starts at 7:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Darts (SS Arena).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/12/19/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-six
pdc.tv/news/2017/12/20/wright-im-ready-return
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j
youtube.com/watch?v=9cgrEA6eQ_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Prelims are best of 3 sets, first round best of 5 sets; first to 3 legs in a set.

>Tonight's matches (7:00pm start)
Xiaochen "Zing" Zong v Bernie "Sanders" Smith (P)
Michael "Snackpot 2.0" Smith (13) v Steve "Neil/John/Aaron" Lennon
STRAYA (10) v Martin "Berlin Ball" Schindler
Justin "LE SLOW THROW MAN" Pipe (27) v Zong/B. Smith

>Day 6 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/12/19/william-hill-world-darts-championship-day-six

>Peter Wright confirmed fit for tomorrow night; has given birth to a 2st gallstone baby in the process
pdc.tv/news/2017/12/20/wright-im-ready-return

>/180/ starter guide (now updated for 2017!)
pastebin.com/1DM9V54j

We must start this evening with a question.

After his ridiculous collapse against Kevin Münch last night that saw him drop outside the top 16 of the Order of Merit for the first time, what the fuck has happened to Adrian Lewis?

There was a time when the claim in pic related was reasonable. Aidey won at least one major in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014; sure, the latter two were the European Championship and the UK Open, but he was winning things. Now, he's not even a contender.

He might have made the Masters and Matchplay semi-finals this year, but his overall standard has been shocking. Lewis was known for his heavy scoring, yet in 2017 he has recorded a grand total of just 6 100+ averages; the last of these was in July against Rob Cross in the World Matchplay last 16. To compare that to the current top 4 in the world, only Daryl Gurney comes anywhere close with just 7. MVG, Peter Wright and Gary Anderson are all in the double digits of 100+ averages.

In fact, ever since the summer Lewis has appeared unfocused, lethargic and generally not bothered. How he played at the Champions League was especially pathetic, recording two sub-90 averages. That Players Championship Finals run which was ended by Cross now appears to be a one-off of what he can do.

For Adrian's sake, he needs to make a decision: either try and return to the top 16 and challenge for things, or just resign his Tour Card and fuck off to the exhibition circuit. Darts seriously needs a strong Adrian Lewis, but it appears Adrian Lewis doesn't need serious darts.

Aww yiss time for /180/

>mfw decided to go to sleep after Lewis won the first set
His collapse has been dreadful to watch. I'm not sure how and what happened though.
As you said, darts needs a strong Adrian Lewis. At his best, he was the one who could hang with Gando or MVG.

Do you think Wolfie watches the PDC? Imagine he turned up as a spectator. It would be great craic altogether.

Best first round of the worlds this decade lads? Certainly don't remember a better one since I've been watching.

Wolfie is too pure for this circus.

>wolfie
>watching the scripted darts championship

l m a o

how the fuck does pipe get to play a prelim guy? thats bullshit

wil not be watching anyway

Has to be. The standard has been incredibly good for the last 64.

>darts
>scripted
What planet are you on, lad?

Blame the draw.

Work yesterday, off today, the fuck Adrian? Did he look apathetic at all or is he just resigned to living on ferries for the rest of his career.

Uncle bazza rigs the PDC to get the results he wants lad, this is a commonly known fact. The BDO is the only true darts championship.

Munch came back at him big time after losing the first set and he just folded.

You should shack up with David Icke with that sort of delusion.

based wizard

Don't you have a meat raffle to organise?

Consider Munch played so well people "aww'd" the fact that he missed the first dart on 170 to possibly finish the match

It's Münch.
MÜNCH.

KEVIN KEVIN MUNCH KEVIN MUNCH, KEVIN KEVIN MUUUUUNCH LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, KEVIN KEVIN MUNCH KEVIN MUNCH, KEVIN KEVIN MUUUUUNCH

Munch Munch!

wew

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't forget the (literally) rigged boards for higher scores

Agreed lad, it's fine enjoying the PDC, it's an entertaining product, but in similar fashion to Katie Price's latest pair of knockers it might be good to look at but is all a mirage

I honestly hope this is an elaborate troll.

Or at least write it "Muench". This is also correct because "ü" just means "ue". But don't write "Munch", it is plain wrong. Thanks foreign lads.

The rigged boards is a fact though. The treble beds are bigger on PDC boards

>when Aidey losing to Münch is the equivalent of Wezzzzzz losing to Reyes 3 years ago

You don't see Mensur complaining.

Why should he complain? His name is Mensur not Mensür. Also he's a fucking Yugo.

you are being autistic Kamerad

Mensur is top bloke

no he's not
this shit has gone on for too long
we must correct it

The standard has been great in the first round. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed by is that we haven't had many 5-set crackers. Only Cullen-Wattimena and Webster-Lim have been good 5-setters.

And we're on now.

youtube.com/watch?v=9cgrEA6eQ_g

And you are to dumb to properly write "Feindpropaganda". Go back to primary school.

We haven't had many 5 set games in general.

Just 4, and incredibly all in the same quarter of the draw.

What is it about Munching that bothers you?

>doesn't even notice the lower case Sie
top käk

if you'd won the war we'd all be using umlauts but you didn't so pipe down

It's also not properly punctuated. Pig disgusting.

*too

Is there anything more kino in all of darts than a side profile shot of Hendo?

Why don't you fuck off and watch handegg or eat some burgers or some shit.

No he's not. I am! Getting this thing started now, put already in a few for orientation. Whitlock still top or relegated one level because van Peer? Barney also still on top? Seems like he annoyed lots of people with his complaining, so maybe no. MvG? Probably meh tier. Or better? Seems he is well respected but not loved.

Open for suggestions. Only relevant players please.

i'll consider that nerve well and truly touched

is this the final step on the evolutionary scale?

>that lower skull bubble

The age of man is over, the time of the Hendo has come

People love philth though. He doesn't give a fuck anymore and says what he wants. Granted he sometimes acts like a dick but you can't fault his darts.

Yep. Thänks bäsed fätbürger.

Mensur is at least in likeable tier

>88
yoü're velcome, vorld var loser

>BORING BORING TABLES

Is the /180/ bingo already complete for the day?

Hendo in God tier, Gando in likeable, Pipe in hate tier

Wolfie in god tier

Id put Gando in GOD tier.
It's controversial , I know

>german tv station showing women's handball instead of darts

At least we did not lose against a bunch of gooks.

You can only lose a fight you compete in.

So far everyone with me? Not sure about Gando, I like him very much and see no problem with god tier, but maybe others do.

Haha, Id put Chizzy in a bespoke Chizzy tier, desu

>The Panda Man
>deferred university to play at the Worlds
That's some commitment.

>Beaton
>Elder god

Painter in dislike, chizzy in meh, wade in dislike, klassen in hate

You can't have spineless in the god tier.

You need to put all the people like Scholten in Philth's pocket tier.

but you have let a bunch of Turks invade your country

>Phil not in God

Fuck off to Sup Forums

Is Bernie Smith the real deal?

Going to break Cadby's record at this point.

Wade in dislike, really? Thought most people like him. Opinions?

No Wolfie in god tier?

Ooooh, controversial! Against the grain! Unorthodox! You have defnitely mastered the blade!

bonkers = based

Can't have him in god tier. I know he is a personality but his refusal to mix it with the best players makes his "world" titles a farce.

i like Wade. And Wolfie.

Good nonce pic. What is he smelling though?

Also need Chris Mason and Paul Nicholson in the hate tier.

says the guy who used the word 'gooks'...

Reminder that if you don't stand up at home every time they chant stand up if you love the darts you're a dog sniffing nonce

Hopefully whoever wins this can knock out Pipe

We don't have that character on our keyboard you nonce

It'll be an absolute shame if Zong doesn't get a leg here.

(You)

absolute MADMAN

newton

but he said relevant players only
fordham?

>fat lego man
>likeable
literally philth tier

>pipe last

Thank you God. Now I can just go to bed after whitty

Good for him.

Thought Nicho was more of a geniune heel than actually hated.

According to the source pic: MvGs niece.

>Wade
>Liked

Wot.

He should be in bottom tier

i'll take that response as another victory for the allies. enjoy the tiny spear throwing competition (on a stream of a British tv channel, i assume).

I'm happy you cropped it then

Newton is under the radar tier

I would put Smith, Cadby and Huybrechts in hate tier and Norris in dislike.

Today I had to go to a 2 hour 30 man group meeting, then go for lunch with my colleagues I've only known for a month and then play party games in the afternoon

Never felt more autistic in my whole life

>that 146
what the

THAT FUCKING 146 TO WIN IT