Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal...

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

That’s the situation of the “black lives matter” movement. Culture, laws, the arts, religion, and everyone else repeatedly suggest that all lives should matter. Clearly, that message already abounds in our society.

Other urls found in this thread:

therebel.media/black_lives_matter_toronto_refuses_to_sell_t_shirt_to_man_because_he_is_white
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The problem is that, in practice, the world doesn’t work that way. You see the film Nightcrawler? You know the part where Renee Russo tells Jake Gyllenhal that she doesn’t want footage of a black or latino person dying, she wants news stories about affluent white people being killed? That’s not made up out of whole cloth — there is a news bias toward stories that the majority of the audience (who are white) can identify with. So when a young black man gets killed (prior to the recent police shootings), it’s generally not considered “news”, while a middle-aged white woman being killed is treated as news. And to a large degree, that is accurate — young black men are killed in significantly disproportionate numbers, which is why we don’t treat it as anything new. But the result is that, societally, we don’t pay as much attention to certain people’s deaths as we do to others. So, currently, we don’t treat all lives as though they matter equally.

Just like asking dad for your fair share, the phrase “black lives matter” also has an implicit “too” at the end: it’s saying that black lives should also matter. But responding to this by saying “all lives matter” is willfully going back to ignoring the problem. It’s a way of dismissing the statement by falsely suggesting that it means “only black lives matter,” when that is obviously not the case. And so saying “all lives matter” as a direct response to “black lives matter” is essentially saying that we should just go back to ignoring the problem.

tl;dr please

not reading all that

tl;dr, but you're already an entitled cunt in the first sentence, sitting down to dinner with your family and demanding shit that you probably didn't contribute to.

Nice try. The pop-culture claim that "black lives matter" is invalid... not because black lives don't matter, but because the implicit claims of the movement (and motto) are bogus.

Those implicit claims are that:

1) Blacks are being targeted by the police unfairly.
2) Black encounters with the police are out of proportion to the amount and type of crime they commit.
3) Deadly police encounters constitute a significant portion of total black homicides.
4) It's white people (and white society) who behave as if black lives dont matter.

All four of these points are demonstrably false.

Does "black lives matter" movement promote racial coexistence or racial segregation?

Does "stop appropriating black culture" movement (keeping in mind that 'culture' by definition is a collaborative group effort) promote racial coexistence or racial segregation?

>korea being this much of a (((chink))))

That's very nice and all but that doesn't the change the fact that BLM has yet to clearly set forth any solutions to the problems that don't even have any evidence of existing.

Imagine that in-group preference is natural and healthy. Imagine that blacks are the out-group. In this situation, why should you give a shit about them, much less allow them to flout the law and mow down cops because their "lives matter"?

This. I believe if you ask 100 BLM people about their platforms, you'll get congress gridlock.

Go cook your own dinner.

>if you ignore all the times these black people recieved exorbitant amounts of media attention, black people don't get media attention!

1 post by this ID

Sage

If your meal was paid for with an EBT card, you have no right to talk about fairness and do not deserve any fairness.

blow it out your ass, kimchi.

No lives matter. We all die

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account

Yeah? You forgot an important part of this metaphor... In this scenario the nigger decided to do drugs on the couch, tried to rape his white sister, got in a fight in the yard, shot a cop, and then punched his dad in the face, because of something that happened 150 years ago before he was born, all the while claiming everyone else was the problem, not him, and everyone calling him out on his shit.

Just a thought.

niggers

Black lives don't matter.

Of course it never crosses your mind why your own parents would refuse to feed you.

Are they sadistic or were you being a little shit?

This, also, see this ?
>Black Lives Matter Toronto refuses to sell t-shirt to man because he is white
therebel.media/black_lives_matter_toronto_refuses_to_sell_t_shirt_to_man_because_he_is_white

So, I think some of the BLM protesters are actually the racists one. (Not all of them of course)

They want to be fair treated but refuse to be fair themselves... just like feminists !

... and just like feminism this movement will auto-destroy itself.
And peace will be back.

>everyone should get their fair share

No fuck off. You work hard or you get nothing. Your share is proportional to how much work you put into getting it.

Get a new family, go back to Africa nigger.

Counterpoint: niggers

thing is, youre only in the house coz some creepy old great uncle brought your mother to share his room, and hes been dead for years now.

Imagine that you're sitting down to dinner with your family, and everyone gets one steak and one baked potato. But your douchebag younger brother says that he deserves more because of systemic family oppression and favoritism. Dad tells him no, and that everyone gets their fair share.

So your blue-haired, gender gifted brother (who your father enables by guilt, not setting him straight because you were "luckier" in childhood) runs to the gun safe, grabs your dad's gun and kills you and the rest of the family, before turning the gun on himself.

>my fair share

What exactly have you done to deserve it?