The watchmen movie was good

I've read watchmen many times and also enjoyed the movie immensely.

>comic books for children at a grade 5 reading level

SAD

It wasnt good because there wasnt a giant alien monster in the end

I hated it. I thought the costumes were retarded and didn't fit the characters or the setting, the action scenes were unnecessarily matrix-ish, they got Adrian's character completely wrong and his actor was a complete miscast. The soundtrack was just downright insulting, like they picked the most obvious song for every occasion. Snyder being a meathead comes across throughout the whole movie. Like, he's not comfortable with adapting comic book characters but he can't stop doing it.
I'm not even going to go into why the ending was retarded.

Technically it wasn't an alien and a minor curveball in the final act to make you wonder if it's going to end differently to the comic isn't so bad.

The costumes were even goofier in the comic, probably on purpose and you're upset they looked goofy in the film? Adrian was ok if a little more arrogant than the source material. I liked the music.

Can you name a more faithful comic book adaption?

>The costumes were even goofier in the comic
Exactly, because most of them were hand made. They gave them superhero movie costumes for no reason.
A more faithful comic book adaptation, funnily enough, would be 300. And i'll take creative licenses over "using the comic as a storyboard" any day of the week. The visuals are only half of what makes the story work, and this completely misinterpreted the original story.

thats just your opinion man etc

With creative license you're damned if you do and damned if you don't there's no pleasing everyone. I enjoyed seeing scenes from the comic in live action.

>completely misinterpreted the original story.

How?

itt: we pretend shit is good to get angered replies while inadvertently attracting people stupid enough to agree with us

There was no alien in the comic, either. It was just a projection to make people think it was otherworldly.

Changing it to Manhattan was dumb because the Ruskies would have immediately attacked the US. Snyder could at least have had NY attacked first.

>There was no alien in the comic, either. It was just a projection to make people think it was otherworldly.

What? Adrain had flawed teleportation tech that killed everything it transported. The squiddy was a real monster, just not really an alien. It was programmed to psychicly horror-fuck everyone in the city when it died on arrival too.

I stated it was my opinion in the first post, poindexter. Try 2 reed gud.
A poignant deconstruction of the superhero comic book tropes, visuals and themes was turned into an MTV music video with wire kung foo and a sex scene. It's what Snyder does, he regurgitates decent stories and characters for apparently nobody ever.
Oh god, Silk Spectre was so fucking bad. Why did you have to remind me of this piece of shit?

it was garbage fuck you and fuck anyone who liked it

Why the explosion?

From what I remember, he transmitted some kind of psychic pulse or some shit to give everyone horror images of some otherworldly beast.

>A poignant deconstruction of the superhero comic book tropes

I never thought that was lost in the film though they could have touched on the comedian a little more.

Adrain didn't transmit the pulse it came from the squiddies genetically engineered brain full of lovecraftian horrors thought up by the writers and painters he hired.

No it was 100% manufactered fake by Adrian, everything that happened to it he did to make it seem real.

You need to re-read the goddamn book, the squid caused buildings to collapse and telefragged a lot of people. Then the shockwave finished them off.

it was manufactured by adrain but it wasn't a projection. He teleported a real squid monster

Watchmen is an excellent comic, and far superior to the film, obviously, but I still liked the film a lot and legitimately preferred the ending.
Less convoluted, more poetic.

It is the only super hero movie that is barely watchable. All those other cringy faggots-in-tight-pants-movies can rot in hell.

kill yourself.