This nigga graduated from one of the top American universities

>this nigga graduated from one of the top American universities
>still unironically think the world is flat
Is it only a thing amongst athletes or just the state of American education?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XfrtUt33o4
nytimes.com/2014/10/23/sports/university-of-north-carolina-investigation-reveals-shadow-curriculum-to-help-athletes.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deshaun_Watson
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More of an athletes thing. 99% of them don't stay the full time, and even when they're there they don't take difficult classes

>graduated

he went to Duke for 1 year and he probably never went to class once

Prove to me earth is round, faggot.

Prove it isn't, faggot

>graduated
he didnt graduate. he only went there for a year and his class schedule was basically
>algebra
>spanish
>art/humanities
>art/humanities
>art/humanities

the system basically sets it up so that athletes take the easiest classes possible to maintain a passable GPA and focus all of their time/effort on sports. its retarded. the whole college athletics system needs to be destroyed and replaced with real minor/development league systems but theres way too much money at stake so it will never happen.

Isn't LaVar trying to install a league for top HS prospects in order to compete with NCAA? Or is he just talking out of his ass like usual?

no idea, if he goes through with it he has my full support though

>humanities
So, he's well versed in modern philosophy?

He didn't graduate

>graduated
The never graduated. He attended for 1 year, you need 4 years to graduate (3 if you're a very good student and/or brought AP credit from high school). A lot of Division 1 athletes at "top universities" are barely literate. They're there to play sports, not to be students. Even the military academies have this problem. No matter how good your school is, your football team will be full of complete idiots who are "barely literate" (in the words of a US Naval Academy English professor).

Well the D-League already exists, and more and more players are starting to look at Europe as a legitimate option.

Lavar is talking out of his ass when it comes to him making that league, but the actual concept is sound. It's something that pretty much everyone can see is a good idea.

honestly what's the point of going to college if you're going to be an athlete? just play basketball,who cares about smarts

>For nearly two decades, UNC had, according to a university investigation, offered a "shadow curriculum" of so-called "paper classes." These classes, nearly 200 in total, required no attendance and only one paper. Some 3,100 students attended these paper classes, with some 1,500 student-athletes
lmao just lmao

Compasses, sunlight, flights, boats, Quadratic Calculus, and most importantly gravity all prove the Earth is round in various ways. But weak bait anyways.

>honestly what's the point of going to college if you're going to be an athlete?
NBA rules require a 1-year gap in between high school graduation and joining the NBA.

Didn't see the thread that was up. Check it out, m8

Why not add a youth pro league like in the rest of the world? Or players joining NBA teams but not playing for the main squad?

Also, why do you need to be at least 18 to join the nba? In other countries in basketball or other sports good players usually start being pro around the age of 16

you knwo what else is round? (you)

so they can try to learn how to not lose all their money 5 years after they are out if the league

By "graduated" do you mean attended for a single semester? They don't even have to do shit the second semester of their freshman year, they're about to peace out.

He didn't graduate lmao

does it usually work?

>this is what people in my country would rather watch play instead of baseball or hockey, whom they both claim to be non-sports
I seriously, undoubtedly, fucking hate my country on Sup Forums.

>literally more retarded than an old greek dude with a stick 2211 years ago

he probably never went to class in high school either

or junior high school

His concept seems to be how divegrass has youth academies in Europe instead of drafting kids out of college. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be but I think it's kinda stupid considering there's only like ~450 roster spots in the whole NBA.

>graduated from one of the top american universities
>still think you're more intelligent than him

fucking idiot round earthers

UNPOPULAR OPINION: College athletic programs should not exist. Amateur athletes should play on amateur club teams.

DAE unpopular opinion??? *upvotes*

So the sun has a lampshade on it now?

well, that's what most of them are doing anyway even after going to college

absolute brainlet

How do you explain magnets with a plain world system? Also, why would the Sun spin around it?

Internet is only possible with a spherical world

>believing the NASJEW lie
>round earth cucks

>Internet is only possible with a spherical world
>according to the same people who tell you the world is round

youtube.com/watch?v=5XfrtUt33o4

Even using the Paraguayan space program you can prove the Earth is round

Please explain how does gravitation work in a flat Earth

the D-league requires at least one year in college/overseas.

No it doesn't. That changed years ago but I can't think of any top tier players that have tried it yet. It's going to become more popular as the g-league continues to gain relevance if they don't do away with 1 and done

The equator isn't the hottest place on Earth in the first place, it just receives the most direct sunlight over the year.

I don't see why it's going to beget more popular as long as 1-and-done exists.

The most important thing for players entering the league is to get drafted and sign contracts and get their payday. Going to the g-league to develop could be great for an 18-year-old once he's been drafted and got his money. But if you're an 18-year-old who is not yet eligible for the draft, and you're deciding between college and the G-league, I think college is usually going to be the best option. It's a higher level of competition to prove your ability as a player - it's more meaningful and more likely to improve your draft value. and the amount of money that G-League teams pay is going to pale in comparison to the money you get off a lottery draft contract.

as long as the one-and-done rule exists, the G-League and Euro leagues are mostly going to be fallback options for players who desperately need money, or who can't go down the college route for whatever reason.

the comedy gold is that it's all >literally who
courses until he hits algebra

>F

Because some players are getting tired of the NCAA's shit and the NCAA has been cracking down on all the extra benefits that "student athletes" aren't supposed to get. Ben Simmons basically made a documentary about how shitty the ncaa was and said he would have played overseas if he knew better. All it takes is a few high profile player making the jump before the floodgates open

well he is a black person, so he prefers his own made up definitions of things rather than the ones written by the white man to trick him.

burden on proof falls on the people who make the first claim, which in this case is people claiming the E*rth is round

faggot

If the NCAA actually successfully cracks down on corruption, maybe it'll change. But it's not enough for players to go overseas, you have to go overseas and then still get drafted high - in the top 5 probably - for the floodgates to open.

what would you accept as valid proof

why can't I see mount everest on any of those images?
iused to believe in flat earth, but now I am confused

Many colleges athletes, even if they go to good schools, can barely spell their own names. Sure, there are exceptions like Paul Robeson(who was literally a da Vinci level polymath) and John Urschel, but mostly college athletes in this country are both academically coddled/restricted and barely know anything.

Here's a small sample of what I mean...

nytimes.com/2014/10/23/sports/university-of-north-carolina-investigation-reveals-shadow-curriculum-to-help-athletes.html

>implying he went a full year
1 semester.

you think an image that only shows a few miles is enough for you to see the curvature of a 25,000 mile object?

Just because it isn't a perfect sphere and you are doesn't mean it is flat.

I don't believe the military academies really have that problem. You have to be recommended to go there by an official, and considering that every graduate of the military goes onto be an officer I don't think they want dumbfucks in charge of other people.

Because people are still in high school at 16, and we have spent far too long artificially inflating our graduation rates to ruin that now.

What about my dude Ryan Fitzpatrick? He has a math degree from Harvard.

>implying you can't attend school at the same time you play pro ball
it's not like you had 11 months seasons...

Messi moved to Barcelona at the age of 12 lmao. Why can't a 12 years old wonderkid get a contract with, let's say, the Lakers?

>Be black
>take a class called Black Experience
>Get a D

America treats its children like complete idiots until they turn 18 and would never let stuff like that happen

Because Messi moving to Barcelona because he's being recruited and because they'll pay for his high af medical expenses is a lot different than Jimmy Kewande Shazzar-Smith from Livonia, GA moving to LA with his family to play pro basketball or football at the age when people are currently playing in high school leagues.

I mean, why do you need highschool and college sports? Why not just letting the pro teams make Youth Academies and recruit them when they are kids so they grow up in the team and learn from them? Trust me, it's better

We don't give a single shit about basketball, same goes for most European countries, and the reason we have some players in the NBA is because we have that Youth Academies system, if we had to play by the American system not a single player would make it there

I like Julius Peppers. I didn't realize he was such a fucking brainlet. How the fuck do you make a C in a class about Blacks in Film?

>Why not just letting the pro teams make Youth Academies and recruit them when they are kids so they grow up in the team and learn from them? Trust me, it's better
That sounds awful, actually. High-school and college sports build character.

The American system has tradition (Read: "Money") behind it, so it will never change. Especially when the NCAA and certain state high school leagues have the media power to portray any alternative as "harmful to the children." I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's the way things are and the way they'll stay.

>black nationalism
that's a course? what?

parents already let their children travel across the state on baseball teams.

I will say, however, in defense of the American system, that for the hundreds of thousands of kids who will never be in a professional sports league of any kind, the ability to play in high school or to play for a scholarship in college is something they really couldn't get otherwise, especially those in rural or extremely poor urban areas.

Nah mate, it's the other way around. The American system is fucked up in that regard

Not having promotions and relegations and only having 1 pro league per sport means only a really small minority of players can make a living out of playing football

Imagine you are a handegg player who got your skull quite rekt and by the age of 22 you don't get drafed by any NFL team, what do you do with your life? You can't travel to another country and play for a worse, but still professional, league

he spent one year at duke. he didnt graduate

That's why signing the kids to professional contracts at 12 is a terrible idea. At least this way the player got an education and if he took advantage of the opportunity, he would have a fallback career to live his life on.

If he spent the last 10 years at Dallas Cowboys Academy instead of high school and college, what else is he able to do?

It's been said in this thread that "student" athletes get shit degrees so in most cases it's irrelevant

When you are in a Youth academy by the age of 18 you can already tell you'll never make it to the pro level so you can move on and go study what you want to look for a job

No, but you can use the education you got to do something else- like run a business, or go to law school. Contrary to popular belief, not everybody who plays high school/college sports has a two-didgit IQ.

"Student" athletes get shit degrees. Actual, legit student-athletes typically do pretty well.

To put it simply, there is a difference between the student who goes to school to play ball, and the student who plays ball so they can go to school.

You don't understand any of the bullshit you're spewing, just regurgitating something you heard from "credible sources" who "know better" than you (read: jew professors and scientists). Get fucked kid.

>legit student-athletes typically do pretty well.
And those legit students usually don't do pretty well in their pro athletes careers

>waiting until you are 22 to join your literally first pro team just because you want your degree

Explain how a compass works if there are no magnetic poles on the earth brainlet

Yeah, what kind of chump would do that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deshaun_Watson

Come on man, you know these are execptions

Also, he's only 22, you can't tell he'll have a great career. He already wasted a few of his best years as an athlete studying, that's quite dumb

Why can't that uni just let him study after he retires from pro sports?

I enjoy Kyrie's trolling because it fucks with the scientism autists but at the same time it likely reinforces their blind faith. No better than religiousfags.

After checking your flag I can't tell if you are baiting or just retarded

>blind faith in the earth being round is bad
Kya contrarian faggot

>nigga graduated
doubtful
>nigga
>top universities
doubtful
>world
doubtful

RG3 got his law degree all on scholarship, it's unfortunate that his career ended so early, but he had NFL skill, you can't use fluke injury to prove a point

It's the bigger picture brainlet. Having blind faith in anything is bad.

Yes, but what motive is there to conceal the earth being flat? None. We can observe other planets rotating, our moon rotates, and our model of the solar system hinges on the earth being round which has been established for centuries.

>In an interview with Toucher and Rich in Boston on Tuesday, Irving said that his propagation of a flat-earth theory was an “exploitation tactic.”

“It literally spinned the world, your guys’ world, it spinned the world into a frenzy,” Irving said. “It created a division. ... It became like, because I think different … because I believe that the world is flat, and you believe that the world is round. Does that knock my intellectual capacity or the fact that I can think different things than you can?”

you can tell by the eay he talks he's a think cunt. a thick cunt that thinks he's somehow intelligent.

>high school valedictorian
>carried a 4.0 all throughout college

Imagine if he's actually right. You're all going to look like such fucking goobers

Glad we dumped his dumb ass, desu. Can't wait for his career to plummet.

Still waiting on these images of the Earth's edges and an explanation on how people have literally circumnavigated the world without falling off

but posters on Sup Forums have assured me the world class education this man received far outweighs the money duke makes off their basketball program

They didn't circumnavigate shit nigga

He said he was just trolling and you STILL believe he thinks the world is flat so technically he's smarter than you.

>this nigga posts on Sup Forums
>still thinks it's possible to tell when someone is being unironic

>OP thinks niggers do their own work in college

The earth spins ya dummy

Troubling amount of racism in this thread and all from round-earthers. Just what is their problem?

>purposely say retarded shit just to make people mad
Is he /ourguy/ ??

I personally circumnavigated the earth in a 42’ catamaran

The hottest place on earth is north of the Equator, you retard. In fact NONE of the hottest recorded temperatures on this planet have been anywhere near the equator.

Kill yourself, please. No one would care anyway and you're a waste of space.

jesus dude, you dropped that in a random reply on Sup Forums like it was nothing
>what did you do this weekend?
>oh not much, just circumnavigated the globe what about you?

for real?

I've taken 5 successive flights heading EAST from Los Angeles and ended in Hawaii, which is WEST of Los Angeles.

Los Angles -> Berlin -> Dubai -> New Delhi -> Beijing -> Hawaii

As expected from a spic. How do you enjoy la rosa de guadalupe?