The Matrix Reboot in the Works at Warner Bros

>It’s still not clear what shape the project will take, but sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a relaunch of The Matrix, the iconic 1999 sci-fi movie that is considered one of the most original films in cinematic history, with Zak Penn in talks to write a treatment.

>Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go.

WE WUZ THE ONE N SHIETZ!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIenIcLpRZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will smith was supposed to be neo before Keanu, cloister

Practical effects are what made the matrix stand out in terms of visual direction. You cant top that with cgi

>ak Penn is reportedly in talks to write the reboot, and there is supposedly interest in having Michael B. Jordan star in the new film. Penn is widely known for his writing roles in popular movies like The Avengers and X-Men: The Last Stand,

kek

Only perhaps, the Nebuchadnezzar scenes

much of it was still CGI

Uhm it was 100% cg

Only the background scenery. The bullet-time camera effects were all real, using set-ups like pic-related.

All of the iconic scenes were captured using real cameras and the real actors, using 360 degrees of cameras around the actors. They had to greenscreen the actors into the scene afterwards, but the effects had a real basis instead of being created entirely in computers.

only because they couldn't get depp

noooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

reboot? I mean I would understand a continuation with different characters but reboot? there is no reason at all for this and it would be entirely stupid to do it. I mean, I actually understand the Fant4stic, Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man etc. reboots but this is just retarded

If they really make this, I will definitely not go see it, doesn't even matter what the quality of the movie is like in the end

Hollywood is pretty much depleted when it comes to originality and creativity. oh yeah, using diversity as a selling point is definitely another no-go

True. I'd also say the martial arts scenes are the same type of discipline as using practical effect effort. I just think the CG wasn't lazy addition and it was still a great movie.

I expect lots of shaky cam, poor compositing work with no believable physics, milktoast lead and comic relief that dates the movie circa 2019

Reboot after reboot after reboot...

youtube.com/watch?v=cIenIcLpRZQ

Check the catalog before making a new thread, faggot.

>Rebooting The Matrix

For fuck's sake, this is getting fucking absurd

Cast her.

I hope it tanks so hard it takes down the careers of everyone involved.

would there be outrage if she's not white

But no white girl has an ass like that. Look at the image. They had to CGI it for the movie.

I've actually been ok with most reboots lately, but seriously this is fucking horrible. There is literally no way they could match the first Matrix movie, it was literally a 10/10 movie despite the fan service sequels that were at least a fun watch.

The Burly Brawl is a perfect example of this.

I hope this is, if anything, a collection of stories from the same universe, like The Animatrix. Use the same tech, same style, but depict microcosmic Twilight-Zone-esque features which depict the spooky dynamics of Matrix life, and the human beans within. No more grand epic of The One. That story has been told.

>making obvious cash grab reboots is still not punishable by death

it going to be about aliens

trash , not a chance at any thing new from hollwood.
hope deleted.

>GET IN