How long until the inevitable reboot?

How long until the inevitable reboot?

three fiddy

Same length of time as Titanic, Goonies, and the first run of Disney-Marvel films

I didn't even realise that this is a possibility. It's as you say inevitable. Fuck.

are they seriously rebooting the matrix? holy shit this one is gonna bet a reboot too if that happens

Another person who doesn't know the difference between reboot and remake. Go back to your Matrix threads.

Implying they would change something

I would kill myself.

too expensive to reboot, especially when it's already clear that most people will hate it before it gets released

>too expensive to reboot
pls, the average capeshit must be very close to that budget and the franchise is a guaranteed moneymaker

I've always said it will happen before 2025

I hope soon. Needs more action and titties

That is the reboot. The original came out in the 70s.

sequel is more probable I guess, once the intellectual rights expire or something

I don't think they ever expire. Don't Disney keep pushing new legislation that extends the public domain limit? It must be centuries by now.

Not gonna happen before 2027 at least, Hobbit is still too fresh and is bundled together with LOTR in people's mind.

than let's hope saul zaentz or whoever holds them won't sell after christopher dies, otherwise brace for Tolkien Cinematic Universe.

How long has Christopher before he dies?
That + 2 more years

Don't bully the plebeian numale lotr fans please

Christopher doesn't have the movie rights to LOTR and Hobbit, only to the rest of Tolkien

Yes, but as far as I know he may block the transfer of rights or new media being produced. Maybe I'm mistaken tho

They would make Sam black, guaranteed

9 dindu Nuffins from Far Harad show the men of the west that poc are the real heroes in the story of mankind.

Actually, something about the Blue Wizards trying to derail Sauron's influence in Harad by starting some sort of rebellion and thus divide the amount of Oliphaunt cavalry that Sauron could send to Gondor might be a decent story.

10 more years

Michael B Jordan as Frodo

>one blue wiz is a sheboon
>the other is a male asian cuck
cant wait

lol i hope i die before it happens lol

What's your problem with black actors anyway?

it's ~70 years isn't it?

>12 reasons why Frodo and Sam were gay all along and why their sex scene is a brave step towards advancing LGBTQ+ rights

>LotR remake
How many of these gilded turds do we need?

>Hobbit is still too fresh

This. If there is one thing, we should thank Hobbit for is the delaying the inevitable and also hobbit's cgi memes

no, that's just when The Silmarillion movie will come out

Never. I doubt even WB are stupid enough to try and remake a fantasy classic with sure a massive autistic fanbase.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tested the Silmarillion waters with a Children of Hurin adaptation though

protip: never start a sentence with "I doubt even WB".

After how the hobbit films angered the fans hopefulky never ever. But you know it will prolly come in 7 to 10 yrs and have 1 tenth the love the original trilogy had in production

wb is worse than sony

>The sole purpose of The Hobbit trilogy was to delay a LOTR reboot

Fellowship reboot announced 2020. Screencap this.

When JJ's schedule frees up

Will Galadriel riverdance in the reboot or remake?

Warner Bro's is rebooting Matrix, so i wouldn't be surprised

I also don't think they will make it "diverse" the Hobbit was White as snow besides some 2 second shots of background characters

LOTR cinematic universe soon

>I can't carry this piece of jewelry of yours, my Master, but I can carry you

I can only think of one or two directors who could pull that up, the first one that comes in mind is Raimi, of course.

>Silmarillion movie

I think you mean first entry in the Silmarrilion anthology (7-10 movies)

underrated kek