Why did kubrick become every pleb's favorite director?

Why did kubrick become every pleb's favorite director?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_MFCbbTAJA&channel=UCKX7R64PsYzcEh1f6DqJU6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should already know the answer.

Very enjoyable films on a surface level, but more enjoyable once further studied. Plebs and patricians alike enjoy Kubrick.

Because of that cuck monologue in EWS.

0/10

Subtlety is the key.

2001 is baby's first "deep" movie, and the fact that it's science fiction makes it all the more accessible for plebs

This.

/threadf

friendly reminder that one of kubricks favorite movies was "White Men Cant Jump"

I think I should come more on this board.
I'm one of that plebs. I just didn't manage to find someone that liked almost as him.
Pls suggest me others

It's impossible for plebs to enjoy Barry Lyndon and 2001, for the rest of his films I agree however.

Redpill me pls

Because he's a an above-competent director whose movies don't challenge you emotionally or intellectually but can make you seem more intelligent for liking them.

Same with PTA

>tfw im the only person I know who prefers Eyes Wide Shut over any of his other films.

Well, this is a little bit radical.
You cannot say that 2001 does not intellectually.
What do you think that movie is about?

Here is some real directors

robert bresson
ingmar bergman
carl theodor dreyer
masaki kobayashi
béla tarr
brian de palma
aki kaurismäki

>don't challenge you emotionally or intellectually
>challenge

fucking hell get back to film studies class.

doing 200 takes of the same scene until the acting is so stiff and bizarre it becomes surreal. like an alien simulation of how they think humans interact

Fuck me. I've been into cinema for years and never seen any of them. Even in those good-tier cinemas, never (one of the two cinema choosen by Tarantino for the Ultra Panavision show of in Italy)

I was totally expecting some Tarkovskij-tier directors as answer.

> Dump movies pls

His movies are extremely hollow and devoid of emotion or humanity, but the cool aesthetic has a sort of neat mechanical precision. Now that said Paths of Glory, The Killing and Dr. Strangelove are quite good. And 2001 was at least visually imaginative though Solaris is better in my opinion.

>Bay, Michael
>Pain & Gain

>Palma, Brian De
>Dressed to Kill, Body Double, Blow Out just watch everything he's done desu, can't speak for his anti-war movies, but I think they were duds

>Antonioni, Michelangelo
>L'Avventura

>Snyder, Zack
>Man of Steel and Batman v Superman

Read Armond White, he's pretty smart, and has the education to back up his opinions.

desu I seem to agree, his obsession with the mechanics of the film detract from the human elements. Although I think he's better than PTA, I understand the comparison and think it's pretty accurate. I think Almond White has the same complaints.

>brian de palma
Scarface and MI are shit, his last good movie, Carrie, was over 40 years ago.

Body double is literally the greatest film ever made. Cinema was done then and should just have stopped. Body Double can and will never be topped

>Scarface and MI

lmao nigger, watch his less popular stuff.

>Carrie
>last good movie

Pleb

This is a good opinion, although Femme Fatale has some great scenes and Jon Lithgow is pretty funny in Raising Cain. Pic related is pretty entertaining as well.

The better question is why do pretentious retards pretend that Kubrick wasn't a great director?

underrated

>Blow Out
>The Black Dahlia
>Mission to Mars
>The Fury
>Phantom of the Paradise
>Hi, Mom!
>bad

>forgetting Obsession, Body Double and Dressed to Kill

Thought Body Double was kinda eh, didn't see the other two

>I've been into cinema for years

>never seen a Brian De Palma film

go fuck yourself seriously

I just love this shit, great use of music

youtube.com/watch?v=x_MFCbbTAJA&channel=UCKX7R64PsYzcEh1f6DqJU6Q

De Palma is pop auteur, you need to get to watching those other movies as well user. It's really great stuff.

Plebs dislike Kubrick
>ehhhhhh his films are too long!
>ugh I don't get it!
Pseudo-plebs dislike him too
>well, he's somewhat known that means he makes bad films!
>ugh I don't get it either, but it's probably stupid, and I know that because i'm on letterboxd!
Real patricians know that Kubrick is still one of the greatest filmmakers to have ever lived.

We should be thankful that such a brilliant mind graced us with his creativity and talent.

>Kubrick makes 2001
>Tarkovsky watches the movie
>doesn't like it and immediately starts talking shit about it by calling it cold and sterile
>makes Solaris to one up 2001
>Kubrick watches the movie
>actually really likes the movie

Say what you want about Kubrick but at least he actually enjoyed movies and appreciated them for what they were instead of being a raging autist like Tarkovsky

>he actually enjoyed movies and appreciated them for what they were instead of being a raging autist like Tarkovsky

You're a faggot, there's nothing wrong with being an autist about your tastes.

obligatory

All the plebs jumped on the bandwagon when he directed Apocalypse Now. Great movie btw

Stanley Kubrick is the Pink Floyd of movies.

You've simplified the whole thing, though.
Tarkovsky didn't really dislike 2001 as a whole, he hated the idea of genre science-fiction, and that's why he considered it "cold and sterile". But leave it to internet journalists with useless film degrees to hype up bullshit for the sake of hits.

>

>All the plebs jumped on the bandwagon when he directed Apocalypse Now
Top kek.

Isn't The Wall the Pink Floyd of movies?

Is there a place to get all of these they always make me laugh.

I think they published his diaries, so you can probably just buy the book.

A patrician post.

>people itt live in an alternate reality where 2001 is popular among normies
What the fuck?

lmao

I always thought it was? Either it's 2001 or ACO normies love.

And isn't Tarantino the pleb favourite director?

Full Metal Jacket has stood the test of time more than Platoon

Friendly reminder that most of Kubrick films takes place in the same universe: Kubrickverse.

Part of the Kubrickverse
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut

And maybe:
Dr Strangelove.

I've not met a single person who doesn't use the words "boring", "hate", or "slow", other than me, when it's brought up.

Platoon won best picture didn't Full Metal Jacket come out like the same month

I hate this shit, when plebs have to force everything into their autistic little head cannon, to imagine a deeper connection between their films. Fuck of to the Tarantula thread about Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2 being in the same movieverse you faggot.

I watched the Exorcist with a cousin and my brother, they both said it was boring. Attention spans have been killed with smart phone tech and the internet.

Normies don't collectively know directors. I was speaking to one last week, recommending them ACO if they don't mind violence. I said 'Kubrick' was the director and they asked 'Who?'. Told them he directed The Shining and Dr Strangelove.
A couple of days later I found out he had thought I meant Dr Strange.

I also wouldn't say normies really have a favourite director to begin with. They might say Tarantino since he's rather well known, but I can't imagine they know many directors to begin with.

This, normies are plebs, although some normies know a bunch of actors, and some of my normie friends are action kino connoisseurs

and they all feature the same species: homo sapien

This post gave me ass cancer.

:D

And Monolith.

This post gave me ass and balls cancer too.

Are there any streaming services that have all these old movies on them?

What are normies and why do we got a problem with them? (normies)

I don't have a problem with them

Michael Mann is the ultimate pleb favorite director

But what does normies mean?
Are normies superior than you people?
Are they better than Sup Forums?

normies are normal people. Like the plebeian proletariat, it doesn't always have to have a bad connotation, it depends on how you use it. The term should be pretty self explanatory.

xD i forgot about monolith!

Anonfag of before.
Forgot about Scarface

This. We give normies way too much credit.

And you rest of Sup Forums are not normal people?

No, a lot of Sup Forums are normies too I guess. I think autism is a large decider of who is not a normie.

Honestly Kubrick has a pretty impressive filmography, I really wouldn't judge someone for calling him their favorite

those two movies are trash. 2001 is boring shit with no substance. barry lyndon is the same

We all are normies then, so Sup Forums is place for normies.

Wow i respect you for that
spbp

This fuck this board making me feel insecure

Contrarianism for the sake of argument.

>did he actually die not knowing he was a hack
Jesus christ haha

jesus, what a wannabe

Daily reminder

>I've been into cinema for years and never seen any of them.

95% of Sup Forums is plebs and contrarians at any time. The board has no chance

>Body double is literally the greatest film ever made. Cinema was done then and should just have stopped. Body Double can and will never be topped

As soon as that faggot said that De Palma was trash, I was going to destroy his opinion by citing Body Double.

That being said, it's a masterpiece in a lot of ways, and really shows his skills, but it is what it is and what it is is a limited exercise in genre.

i dont think after what happened in dr. strangelove FMJ and the rest of the movies couldve taken place

what the hell is this?

because he was supposed to be and "illuminati insider" or some shit and revealed hidden knowledge through his films.

>My God! Did no one ever tell the man he suffered from graphomania*? Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack?

Kinda rude to banter the dead, but communists have it coming.

*an obsessive need to write

Uh, wrong picture, but I guess it works. . .

>says the pleb

Kubrick liked the simpsons and seinfeld and Eraserhead was one of his fav film. He had a film print of it and screened it for friends. Kafka was his favourite writer.

>Kubrick added that Bill should be a "Harrison Ford-ish goy" (though Ford's mother was Jewish), and created the surname of Harford as an allusion to the actor.
>mfw Jewception is so deep that Kubrick thought Harrison Ford was a goy

You're not alone. I think that was his best work as well. Though it's hard to beat A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket. Those are two great films as well.

>Ford's mother was Jewish

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Tracking shots, classical music, stories about psychological collapse

Then Dr.Strangelove is not canon!

The only thing they have in common is the ineffectuality of technology and civilisation in the face of man's animal nature. 'Human, all too human,' would be Kubrick's catch phrase if he were in a sitcom.