I just got back from seeing Kong. This was actually pretty enjoyable and a worthwhile fun experience

I just got back from seeing Kong. This was actually pretty enjoyable and a worthwhile fun experience.

I overheard a hipster couple just after the film outside the theater, some tallish unkempt guy with an unwashed grey beanie and his obnoxious girlfriend covered in tattoos and makeup, talking about how shit this was, and it wasn't just like "well, that was pretty bad", they were legitimately upset and angry at the film. I couldn't help but wonder why? I mean you kind of know what to expect when you go into this kind of picture.

So to those of you who didn't like it, what were your biggest complaints, gripes, etc.

>a worthwhile fun experience.

Nice buzzwords, kiddo. Now go blogpost somewhere else.

It was a fun B movie

I saw it in IMAX and thought it was a really enjoyable spectacle

After they got to the island it was basically a giant monster showcase scene after scene and not much else. Can't say I prefer this to the Peter Jackson one.

I could feel the pretentious film critic in me want to tear apart how there's no character arch for the protagonist, the cast was too large, John Goodman's character gets forgotten about, etc.

BUT, the film's tone felt very self aware that this is a popcorn B movie flick. When it came to action scenes and time to have fun, it was fun.
The scene that cemented I need to just sit back and enjoy the camp and absurdity, is when they are just traveling down the river in the boat and for NO REASON the scientist is taken by a tiny bird, then more birds join in an dismember his silhouette . I was cracking up in the theater and realized "ya I like this movie"

I never quite understand what some people expect when they go to see a movie. After Jurassic World some 30 year old guys was talking about how dumb it got.

Theyre fucking cloning Dinosuars in a theme park what on earth did you expect

I never saw that movie, but for me, when I got to see a movie with a dumb concept, I still want to see characters acting as if that dumb concept was real life, because then it gets me invested and immersed in this fantasy.
Im guessing by "it got dumb at the end", he meant things that break the laws of physics, common sense, or character motivations start to happen.

It wasn't just dumb, there's lot of entertaining dumb movies out there, this movie was just sloppily made.

In my opinion, it was no where near as good as Godzilla 2014 was. It was still pretty enjoyable though.

I saw it today too, and thought it was pretty crap.

As I was leaving I overheard an obviously hipster gay couple, one guy was wearing a ballerina outfit and full beard and the other guy was just wearing a glittery thong, and they were talking about how it was such an enjoyable and worthwhile experience, and how much they love any movies with monsters. I just couldn't understand why they would think that Kong was any good at all.

and then your mom picked you up outside the mall in her minivan

It was a historical theater on Main Street and it was an SUV.

>I saw it in IMAX and thought it was a really enjoyable spectacle
This. If you saw it for anything other than a giant ape in Vietnam then you are retarded

>I definitely feel this product will have wide appeal across multiple demographics and market segments.

>I noticed undesirable cliched caricatures did not respond well to this product. Hmm I wonder why obnoxious, unwashed hipsters don't like this product?

Lol its a movie about a giant fucking ape that wrecks shit up. If you complain about story beyond that then you might as well kill yourself.

>Theyre fucking cloning Dinosuars in a theme park what on earth did you expect

Jurassic Park was an intense, smart sci-fi novel and the original movie wasn't a "B Movie mindless fun just turn your brain off"

>worthwhile fun experience.
>they were legitimately upset and angry at the film. I couldn't help but wonder why?
>what were your biggest complaints, gripes, etc.

you're a fucking marketer doing focus grouping, right?

I can smell the crusty sjw smegma from this post.

The film is already out, you're fucking retarded. Focus groups and marketing happens BEFORE a film is released. It's ok to be paranoid, but just don't be as retarded as you are right now.

I totally refuse to watch any movie that is part of another attempt at starting another 'cinematic universe'.

First it's MCU
Then it's DC
Then ghostbusters.

Now this fucking pile of shit?

Hollywood needs to stop trying to turn every movie into a kickstarter for a film franchise that will obviously suck and appeal to the same mouthbreathers who play CoD and have shitty tribal tattoos.

MAKE
GOOD
SINGULAR
MOVIES

STOP WORRYING ABOUT SEQUELS AND FRANCHISING

Hollywood follows the money. And for the past decade or so the money has come from sequels.