Has Sup Forums fallen for the travel the world meme?

Has Sup Forums fallen for the travel the world meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyu.edu/classes/bkg/tourist/Baumann-pilgrim-tourist.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hell yeah.

Wheneve a girl says that "travelling is her hobby" I instantly think of her in a lesser way. That's a huge red flag.

How was it?

True.

Don't need to because the rest of the world is moving into my neighborhood.

Take that, traveling.

After you go to a few places, you realize most of them aren't so different.

Traveling the entire world sounds like a huge waste. Just go for the highlights.

Well obviously.

It's code for "I want to fuck a guy from each country."

more like "I want you to pay for me to fuck a guy from each country"

Travel meme is so stupid, it's like throw all you money in shitty thigs

its in the white man's dna to travel

if you dont like travel you arent white

Are you fucking serious?

Can you even construe a single reason why?

I don't travel - I could easily afford it - because I don't fancy it. I think I live in the best place in the world.

Why is it a meme? You only have one life, why spend it all in the same corner of the earth. Hell, id love to explore the galaxies if I could. Theres no reason to not want to travel the world, its your destiny as a human.

travelling for women always involves men in some way. Either they're going with a man who is planning and paying for everything, or they're going to meet men to fuck and pay for everything. It's especially bad if it's an American woman because going overseas is fucking expensive.

Women never travel just to travel, it always involves a cock at some point.

"well-travelled" is just a code word for "well-used".

I used to frequent japan and germany.
Germany for the local festivals which are fucking ruined now, shame that, Germans knew how to get fucked up.
Japan because I'm a massive weeb.

Yeah, I have. And if you haven't, you're probably a really bitter person.

said the poor man

Yeah.

And fucking hell man, I have some stories.

No, you stupid fuck. It's in the white man's DNA to conquer.
Being a faggy tourist is disgraceful.

>Go to the US to travel for a couple of months
>End up going home after a few weeks because I'm not enjoying it and miss home.

I have no doubt that the rest of the world is just as underwhelming. I'm not going to leave this town for the next 60 years, there's nothing out there that I can't just look at in pictures.

No, but I want to.

insert le Mark Twain quote here

>yes user, I travelled abroad to do some humanitarian work in a third world country

Yes.

I went to Europe and every country was a fucking shithole.

The big cities were all detroit tier and the villages were like small towns in the USA minus modern conveniences.

I would like to travel but I'm not a rich kid with mommy and daddy money for plane tickets

What else are you going to spend it on? Material things that you're just adding up till you die?

>he fell for the world travel meme
LMAO

If you travel like you are a broke drifter it is a great experience.

You need to conserve money and live in the place you travel to for 2 weeks, just getting by, learn about the people, and dont go to vacation resorts, thats like going to vacation in america

I have traveled to a few places for different amounts of time, this has allowed me to sound informed on alot of subjects especially foreign. I am 'cultured' now and really i just got drunk and ate alot of delicious food

It's not a meme. It can be intellectually, socially, and emotionally enriching.

I just got back from China for the summer, but I'm planning a trip to Peru before I go back to China to work.

RIP 2011 Sup Forums

>Canada
I can see why you'd want to travel

This burger knows his shit.

>not traveling to your ancestors homeland to gain a new appreciation for your heritage

Degenerate as fuck desu

Usually if it's financed by her parents at a young age they turn out to be fairly obnoxious, demanding and fiscally irresponsible. Not great girlfriend material.

Plus if all their experience of 'travel' is the faux tourism package never leave the hotel and related facilities crap they might as well have not gone anywhere.

no, seriously, why is it a meme? my family goes on a trip once a year to different places

No, and I feel that it's why I feel so discontent with my life. I've always valued experience, going places, seeing things, experiencing what places have to offer.

I'm drinking and I'm going to blogpost now.

I grew up in a small town in WV and all my friends and I talked about as we were growing up was getting the fuck out of that redneck ass small town.

Unlike a lot of my friends, I had the means to travel a bit around the US. Had family up and down California, had aunts and uncles that took me on trips to the beach up and down the east coast. Parents took me traveling a bit across the US growing up. I've seen the whole country. Ended up moving to California when I turned 21 which was now 6 years ago.

Since, I've stagnated here, and I hate it. My urge to travel hasn't been stifled, but its more complicated now. It's more expensive to travel out of country, and hard to plan around my schedule and my gf's.

I'm torn between moving back to Appalachia... preferably Western NC... and focusing on traveling. I really want to see the tropics. I want to see the South Pacific... maybe Fiji, maybe Costa Rica, the Bahamas.

But if the happening is incoming, I want to return to my home ASAP. Let my soul die where it was born, and where it longs for

This

I travel and conquer women that in turn I impregnate. Must have around 10 or so Kids around the world my dna will live forever

Seeing d Brazil is the same as the shit holes in Pakistan, Bangladesh and China, I wouldn't doubt it. Try traveling to USA (before the wall) or England, if you want to see REAL culture

>I just got back from China
Come on, we all know you're just visiting family. That doesn't really count

I've traveled Canada. From sea to sea to sea. I fished off the coast of labrador on a cousins ship, I've done trails in the BC interior, I've hiked the rockies and spent a few months mining for gold with another cousin up in the yukon.

Fuck going to other countries though, they've all turned me down even though the worst thing on my record is a few little arson charges.

>tfw 23 years old
>tfw have never left the country and have only left my state twice

Such is life growing up poor. Oh well. I guess I have Google Street View to enjoy.

>imblying

If I want a urban experience, I just need to travel to São Paulo (4th largest city in the globe). If I want a european village-like experience, I just need to go the countriside of Santa Catarina. If I want to see the wonders of mother nature, I can just visit my own state (one of the seven natural wonders of the world and a quick shopping on Argentina included).

All of this, and the farthest place is just 1h away of plane.

Why would I travel again?

people bitching anything they don't like.

visit us, everything cheap as fuck.

>Why would I travel again?

To not be surrounded by apes 24/7.

Why? I travel a lot, but I'm also a man.

Been to four continents, twelve countries or so, 46 out of 50 US states, and five Canadian provinces.

That was about enough for me. I'm staying my ass right the fuck here, spending my money on guns and books and useful shit to survive the next great happening. The rest of the world can go on fucking right in the direction of off.

Travel makes you appreciate home.

Santa Catarina's countryside.

What exactly is so wrong about seeing the world, experiencing other cultures yet retaining your own and appreciating it even more?

"i'm a tourist, i'm interest to visit any cock"

Why would you want to spend $1000s to go visit some shit tier country

>Go to college
>Don't study abroad, watch everyone fuck around abroad on facebook
>Graduate semester early, take money not spent on tuition and travel on my own terms
I felt obligated to enjoy my trip rather than pretend that I'm actually accomplishing something. Also my work lets me travel all the time so it all worked out.

Where u from bro

I stood in the ruins of Sunrise Gate at Nineveh, where the locals told me Alexander had marched through passing further into Persia.

I have walked Little Round Top at sunset, listening to the whispers of the 20th Maine's ghosts in the trees.

I have gotten the shits in the jungle, sweated in the deserts, gotten drunk from Seoul to Sofia, and occasionally had people shoot at me.

Like I said, I think I am done with that shit.

i despise people who find their purpose in this "finding themselves through travelling shit" and being tourist.

Zygmunt Bauman wrote about all these roles people take in this "post modern world ruled by consumerism" and "tourist" was one of those. He had categorized others but I only remember the "player" beside the tourist, him being the typical jershey shore guy finding purpose in just fucking a shit ton o women.

Read that shit in High school, but if someone knows what I'm talking about and referring to I would be clad if someone of you could list the others as it has bothered me to not remember the others and haven't found it in the web.

t. Roastie

World travel is a true red pill, user.

Hands on experience with so many different cultures and people is fantastic. Seeing all the great architecture, the art, and landmarks is really something.

Some parts of the world just hum with energy and I love it. Traveling the world brought me really close to nature and closer to people. It helps paint the big picture of life user.

Has anybody here traveled alone? What was it like? Is it fun?

Fucking this.

>tfw I fucked a hong kong ching chong who liked to "travel"
>she paid for everything
Lmao

My only regret is not giving her a bastard half white parasite before ditching her

Kek, already traveled across 27 US states and a good part of Europe and South America, besides living in a few countries. Seeing beautiful buildings and beaches gets old.

You'd learn more about other cultures with books.

family, here normal people can't afford a travel

More like $500 for a round trip, $500 for food shelter and shit for a few weeks to sit on beaches, climb beautiful mountains, see volcanoes, drink cheap liquor, swim in the beautiful Pacific ocean and seeing coral reefs, and doing it all with your qt girlfriend. Feels good man.

we've got a pretty good slice of this shitty little planet op there's more to canada than most other countries.

so no the rest of the world can rot while we also do basically that

nyu.edu/classes/bkg/tourist/Baumann-pilgrim-tourist.pdf

Is this it?

>You'd learn more about other cultures with books
The true red pill

>Whenever you log into google it'll check your location
>You end up with a pretty accurate map of where you've been

It's pretty cool Jewish spying, senpai.

>and occasionally had people shoot at me

Story teim

>only going to London
What a waste of a trip to England. I hope that was just a connecting flight.

Why do liberals project a moral high ground when they're the worst abusers of 3rd world tourism and exchange rates?

Its seems every female who cries about poverty and exploitation also has 3 albums on Facebook devoted to there recnt trip to bali/india/south america

depends,
depressed or not.

you know the answer.

More fun with friends or family.

Much easier to meet people if you're in a group and if you don't want to bother you already have people to spend time with.

That said, it depends on what you're doing. Going to New York City wouldn't be much fun all by yourself, backpacking in Yellowstone would be a great time.

The fuck were you doing in Norway/north Sweden?

Eh, I was visiting a friend.

Nothing wrong with it if your a high wage earner or you own your home and retirement is set up, otherwise its a colossal waste of money

Meh. Had a Korean gang fight over the wall from a sensitive US military installation they didn't really pay attention to. They were out in town, but were sloppy where the rounds were going.

Kosovo-Macedonian border, nervous allies shot first and didn't bother asking questions.

Invasion of Iraq, enough said.

Back to Iraq, mortars, rockets, a little sniper fire, mostly IEDs. Not much to describe.

yeah it'll definitely pick my location accurately, because every device connected to it has military standard gps.

Dog sledding

it's just to signal wealth. not really a redflag but kinda lame yea

Well, I figure it's tied to the IP because I didn't have a phone in a lot of places, but I used gmail to handle flight info and stuff.

Solo traveller user here. Did it for a year. You get to know yourself a lot more.

Oh so you're a solider. Do you miss the rush of battle at all or are you sick of it?

Honestly, I prefer to travel alone than with others. It's a lot harder to justify blank time, or random exploring, or talking to foreigners when you're keeping a time table.

>Check my google map history.
>no data because it's banned in China and Korea
>a bunch of blips in Japan

Makes me look like a massive weeb desu

>m

>caring about one piece of dirt over another

only normies want to travel to europe and italy and climb mount everest

lol

seems boring and like hard work for no benefit

I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck I was doing in Kentucky.

Retired. It's a young man's business. Knees are wrecked, I have three blown discs in my back. I don't know if I miss it so much as I just miss being young and it not taking me two minutes to get out of bed in the morning as everything pops into place.

One reason I hate traveling. Unless I stick to Sheratons (great mattresses), nights away from my own bed suck ass.

My parents thought that I should see the world to become educated on the way the world worked.

Now I am just as racist as my parents. Thanks mom.

there's set up on dev mode to set bogus location for gps on your smartphone, if you worry that far.

A few years ago I decided for whatever reason to visit Chile and wander around in the Atacama with a couple stubs of Peruvian torch. Never been outside the US before this. I was completely alone. I bought a few supplies and a tent in Calama, set up at night, and made a brewed concoction from the cactus.

Then I woke up really early, took all my clothes off, wandered around, drank the tea. I couldn't really describe it, it was like I was on a different planet, a different plane of existence. I must have wandered around for days and days but it felt like eternity. When I stopped tripping it was morning again, and I didn't know where my camp was. I ran out of water and thought I was going to die. I still had a little torch left so I decided I was going to drink it all, and just wait for death.

Two hours later a Chilean mestizo found me lying in the sand completely naked and drove me to the police station. Never been outside the US since.

It's not. You have to either sign in through an IP address there, or have phone location or whatever.

Like I went bussing through a few places, and none of that is there.

I didn't know the jews did this. It's not entirely accurate though, places are off, and it misses places entirely.

Are you a woman ?

Tfw been to over 60 countries and still in my 20s

Travel is the ultimate red pill. It is the only way to get an appreciation for why the West is the best.

Also doesn't hurt to be able to BTFO of liberals in arguments.

>user that's so ignorant have you even met a Muslim?

Well when I was living in Saudi Arabia blah blah

i dont believe your story because you said you visited Chile for "whatever reason"

nobody would randomly do that

Did you like northern Norway? Did you see the aurora by any chance? most tourists in the north go for that reason

No, but everyone I know has. Travel is like Sup Forums. It distracts you from life just enough to temporarily forget about its pointlessness.

Yeah, it was quite nice. I saw the lights on a tour bus and as soon as it started we pulled over in the middle of nowhere to watch it for about 30 minutes.

I also saw it in Sweden briefly near Gothenburg in the early spring.

>Travel is like Sup Forums. It distracts you from life just enough to temporarily forget about its pointlessness.

;_;