>Prometheus was pretty good
>Paranormal Activity was actually pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/By_CI38IKKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Martin Scorsese hasn't made anything good since Taxi Driver

The Departed was pretty good though

You are a PLLEEEEBBBBBB
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT PLEB NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I chuckle heartily at Rick and Morty and I wait anxiously for the next season

Harry Crane was indeed a pretty good character, and his story arc of turning from a beta male into an asshole is one of the best of the show, Top 10

Your coen brothers' opinion is the most plebeian I have ever seen, and you deserve to burn for that

Sam Raimi is really a racist and a director's cut with human holocaust really exists.

Pretty much everyone loves Harry or is entertained by him, that's not nearly contrarian.

youtu.be/By_CI38IKKo

Pete was the one at fault for opening the door. If he didn't want to talk to Harry he should have just given a polite nod or a wave and kept the door closed.

>The King of Comedy
>The Last Temptation of Christ
>Bringing Out the Dead

Come on now

Even if someone didn't like Harry I can't imagine anyone would argue that he wasn't a good character.

>Trying really hard not to mention Goodfellas because you're worried your internet friends will call you a pleb for naming his most popular film
Wew lad

Cloud Atlas is in my top 6.

I think that's the point. It was Pete's guilty conscience causing him to assume that Harry was going to “walk in” on the phone call.

Wouldn't call this contrarian just objective fact.

>Why can't we keep the discussion centred around films I've seen!!!

Sorry champ, Goodfellas was great though, my best bit was when Joe Pesci got cross

Toy Story is the only good 3D animated movie.

Every single one since is Reddit incarnate.

>Arrival was trash

everyone already forgot that movie existed, it isn't VERY contrarian of you

>Luck
>Vinyl
>TD Season 2
>Entourage

jesus christ how horryfying

>Your coen brothers' opinion is the most plebeian I have ever seen, and you deserve to burn for that

>muh pseudo-arty Jew directors

Fuck off idiot

Why did every other character hate Harry?

A lot of the show, especially the office stuff, is about appearance. He was a dorky schlub. Then when his media dept took off he was a self important sleaze bag. I like him though.

Even Sup Forums likes them

>Luck
>Vinyl
>TD Season 2
>bad

jesus christ what horrifying taste

Pete was a chubby moonfaced balding loser but everyone liked or at least respected him.

Did you not watch the first couple seasons? Pete was a joke to Don and Pete early on until he started to prove himself.

>to Don and Pete

Don and Roger I mean

Only in mid season 3 I think did he begin to be taken seriously

He went full douche and full of himself. The constant jet-setting and schmoozing with media bigwigs had him self-aggrandizing left and right, constantly namedropping his celebrity interactions around the office, and so on… not to mention his early marital troubles basically giving him a diving board from which to gracefully swan dive into a life of depraved sexing, whoring, and wannabe-starlet-casting-couching while away from home.

>He was a dorky schlub

Desu Harry would be a decent looking guy if he lost weight.

Contrarian to who? Sup Forums or normies?

Anyways, GoT is garbage. That one is contrarian to both.

see

user i think you've gone too far with the memes

close, the truth is he hasn't made anything worth watching since Goodfellas

Michael Mann is the best American director of the last 30 years

>Family Tree

forgot about that. maybe the worst show i've ever actually watched

I think the clincher there is that Pete had some (albeit limited) ethics which he would emote from time to time. Pete suffered for his transgressions and seemed to grow or learn from them over time. Harry never seemed to have trouble sleeping at night despite his behavior. IIRC, his last act is trying to manipulate Megan into sex, while Pete whisked his family away from the seedy city to [seemingly] live a wholesome life in the midwest.

Two very satisfying and great arcs for characters, but I too agree that Pete came away more likable.

Harry Crane is one of the best characters on the show. He's a shit, but a three-dimensional and often times sympathetic shit. He's like the antithesis of Pete, who learns to go from sniveling weasel to responsible family man. Harry goes from bumbling but caring family man to total predatory douchebag. But he's still very human.

Mad Men is also one of those shows that really teaches you how to navigate the corporate ladder, and Harry is one of the stand-out characters to learn from. He carves out a fiefdom for himself in Television, which makes him a revenue generator. He's the only person who knows how to do it, and never lets anyone else learn how to rule his little kingdom. He also makes himself future-proof, so his portion of company revenue will only continue to increase as television ads grow.

Harry fucks up in two ways though: he alienates his coworkers by being a shit, and his lack of self-confidence costs him a partnership. His revenue generation made him indispensable, so he was immune to termination, but it also kept him from gaining allies who could've voted for his benefit. He also failed to capitalize on the revenue he was generating - Bert and Roger even remark that Harry could strong arm them into giving him a larger share of the profits, but Harry never realizes this for himself.

I'm I completely agree that Harry is a fantastic character. I was responding to the questions why nearly everyone hated Harry, save for Cutler.

Cutler hated Harry at first, but then he saw that Television was the future, just like Harry had noticed, and so Cutler ends up being Harry's lone Board Member ally - albeit too late to help.

True.

I forgot to say, great assessment.

Everyone thinks Harry Crane was a good character. They're just split on wether he was based, or literall human garbage. EWS being Kubrick's best is also a popular oppinion.
You're also dead wrong about the Coens being trash, Paranormal Activity being good, and of course anything Star Wars related not being "that bad", seeing as it's all pure garbage.

Here's my contrarian oppinion though:
Mel Gibson is a below average director, with only one good movie under his belt.

I like Benedict Cumberbatch, and I wan to see more films and shows he is in.

Season 1 and maybe 2 of Futurama is the best season, the other ones were less deadpan in their humor and more cheesy/childish

Apocalypto is so fucking good. Everything else is so fucking bad

I'll counter, I think Mel Gibson is actually an above average director but most people on Sup Forums only suck his dick because of the Joo remarks he made.

Also it's sad and funny that both his fans and detractors focus on what he said and ignore the fact that he was blind drunk and driving a car on public roads.

F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T

Was fine until I got to the Coen Brothers part

Eh, when I say Harry was a "good character" what I mean was that he was well-developed. In fact Mad Men had some of the most well developed characters on television in about a decade.

No it isn't. Even /got/fags here hate the show now. They have for at least two years.

I agree with this - but throw in The Incredibles by Brad Bird, and all 3D movies are pretty much shit.

Exactly.
>Also it's sad and funny that both his fans and detractors focus on what he said and ignore the fact that he was blind drunk and driving a car on public roads.
Of course they do. Most people are idiots. On Sup Forums and in the real world.
Yeah, I got that. And absolutely no one disagrees.

>Godfather is much better than Godfather 2
>Aliens ruined the Alien franchise
>Terminator 2 is overrated and doesn't hold a candle to the first movie
>While the Thing is my favourite Carpenterkino, In the Mouth of Madness is his best
>Once Upon a Time in America is far better than the Godfather
>Watchmen was the last good Superhero movie
>Lisence to Kill is the best Bond movie
>Die hard isn't even in the top 5 best action movies of all time
>X-Men is the only good capeshit coming out today