Remind me again why he is the GOAT

Remind me again why he is the GOAT

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yurie-okada-s-nipple-fb1qvxn/answers/new.html
dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/news-gossip/136056/stats-behind-lionel-messis-free-kick-record-absolutely-eye-watering/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because hes the grestest of all time

Disagreement with this objective fact is just contrarian nonsense

Nice set of facts you got there, pickle breath.

What him play

If you have ever watched him play you'd know that the man possesses legendary footballing skills. His balance and control of the ball, the composure, the vision are all way above most other football players.
He isn't a selfish statpadder, if he spots a teammate who is in a better position to score he will pass the ball to him. Despite that fact he still manages to score 50-60 goals a season as a playmaker.
He has been a crucial part of making Barcelona one of the biggest clubs in the world and has the trophies to back it up.
Not to mention his humble personality. He doesn't care about being marketed as "the best. He is a humble family man who just does what he loves and does it well.

Well I can't speak about Maradona and Pele, because I never watched them play.

But I've been watching football(soccer) since about 1998 and in my opinion no one I've ever watched comes even close to Messi. He sees the game on a level no one else really does. I know this is Sup Forums and it's all about the memes and I'm sure to expect ">leaf" replies and that's fine. But messi is game changer. I admit he's not really the player he was in the early 2010's, but he's evolved to be more of a playmaker.

When Messi plays it seems effortless. Like he's 16 playing with 13 year olds.

He dribbles past Bilbao's defence

Messi is the best player I have seen playing in my life. I have always seen this debate with Cristiano as a meme to keep things polarised for the sake of the rivalry between the fans of Barca and Real. He's the GOAT of this millenium and will be for many years to come.

The Dismantler of Deportivo

Has the vision of a playmaker, the composure and passing of a midfielder, and is as clinical as any top striker. His ball control and dribbling prowess are unbelievable, makes elite defenders look like amateurs without being a showoff, and he genuinely has some of the best goals I've ever seen, makes them look easy too. Such a joy to watch, and above all, he's humble.

OP asks what makes him a good football player
>he is humble, loves his family, he is a part of a successful team

Jesus, can you be grasping at straws harder than that?

>Totally ignores the first part of my post

Lmao and you talk about grasping.

For me, it's cause he doesn't dive.

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yurie-okada-s-nipple-fb1qvxn/answers/new.html

Let's see what the top coaches have to say about Messi.

Pep Guardiola:
>Pep Guardiola has described Lionel Messi as “the best player I have ever seen”, with the Barcelona star making the game look “simple”.

Mourinho:
>I always planned when I played against him. Every time I spent hours studying and trying to [find ways to] stop him.
>“I played against him dozens and dozens of times. Every time I played against him I would think about ways in which we could collectively give him a difficult match, that’s the best thing you can do against him.”

Simeone:
>"He showed to those that don't believe that he's the best player in the world. It's obvious."

>It’s another guy on PEDs is the best episode again

Not the goat, but surelly the only player who can put an end to the TSUUU menease

All you need to know

Messi is a pure footballer with natural born talent. A gift from the gods.

Ronaldo is an athlete that has dedicated everything he has to the sport and has reaped the rewards of hard work and training.

Pique put it the best with this quote:
"Messi is not human, the things he does no one else can do. But Ronaldo is the best of the humans."

doesn't do this

This, messi is an efficient autist who sees the game in his own way, on a 1v1 game he would likely beat ronaldo. But i will always root for ronaldo more, not just because hes portuguese but because he put in the worked and always tries to better himself. Also he is competing agaisnt bigger odds, against the inhuman autist, therefore, more merit in his victories

Yeah because Messi doesn't work hard or try and better himself either, right? He learnt right from Ronaldinho that sitting on your ass and not giving a shit with natural talent has no down side

Damn i keked

Is your hard on for messi so great that it eclipses the point?

Incredible intuition. Most natural dribbler ever

>Also he is competing agaisnt bigger odds, against the inhuman autist, therefore, more merit in his victories
You're implying that Messi is just more talented. Both of them are very talented and both of them work hard

Remind me again why people think water is wet?

“To me,” he said, “[the award] is like pinning a medal on Mount Everest for being the highest mountain.”
Pep on naming Messi the world's best footballer

MESSI MESSI MESSI

You're an idiot. This idiocy that Messi never works hard is proven wrong by the fact he managed to become a better free kick taker than wallnaldo.

ronaldo has a better fk conversion rate than messi
could have atleast said hes a better dribbler or some shit

I'm sure that's cause Messi didn't start taking free kicks till later on in his career

How the fuck do you autists not cringe at yourselves writing such stupid shit?

>le ronaldo works hard meme
i bet messi spends his days trying to fit square blocks into circles and only comes out from his kids' toyroom twice a week to play matches

Because Blatter gave him the 2010 Ballon d'Or for financial gain. Seriously Sneijder won the treble and got to the finals of the WorldC up yet wasn't even a top 3 choice. And he got the 2015 one for disappearing in the CL knockout stages and just getting straight up carried by Nerman

>carried by neymar
Lol the contranianism on this board is hilarious

>ronaldo has a better fk conversion rate than messi

[citation needed]

Because the digits said so.

Nerman had 7 knockout stage goals (1 in the final) to messi's 2 (0 in the final)
Neymar even had more assists
Please try to keep the incoming tantrum to a minimum level

Not sure about greatest of all time but he is very very very very very very very very verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good

So you don't know what getting carried means.

>M-muh Ballon dor!!!
Typical Penaldo fanboy attitude. Nobody gives a shit about those. They are meaningless nowadays anyway.

>Since 2009 to 2016 : (UCL and league) Messi Conversion Rate : 7.8% Ronaldo Conversion Rate : 8.5%
>Since 2012/2013 to now (In La Liga) Messi Conversion Rate : 7.03% Ronaldo Conversion Rate : 7.14%
>Season 16/17 till now ( League) Messi : 3.77% Ronaldo : 4.76%
>Season 15/16 till now (UCL) Messi : 5.26% Ronaldo : 10.34%

Ronaldo won titles and set records in the EPL, La Liga, Euro, CWC, domestic competitions, Champion's League, won the Ballon d'Or and golden boot in multiple leagues. He's scored TEN (10) goals in his last FIVE (5) CL knockout stage games mean while Messi has FIVE (5) goals in his last FIFTEEN (15) games.
Ronaldo has scored 3 CL finals, 3 World Cups. This year alone he's scored in and won the Supercopa, UEFA Supercup, CWC and Champion's League.

But Messi must be the GOAT because he can dribble past Iván Ramis twice a season.

Because he throws stats out of the water the way he plays, stats are just icing on the cake for this man. The fact that he is a playmaker and links midfield to the forwards, while putting up striker numbers, is GOAT worthy.

Except, you know..... he's not even top 3 in La Liga scoring or assisting ratios, is behind Ronaldo in CL scoring and assisting, is behind Ronaldo in total European goals..... isn't even top 10 in Copa America goals....

him play futbol

>muh stats
>muh team trophies
>tsuuu!!

Tristiano can win the next 5 marketing awards and he will still never be in the same category as GOATs (Pele, Maradona, Messi, Di Stefano, Cruyff).

this

learn to read chilly

>conversion rate = amount of freekicks tanken

american education is actually starting to get depressing

this

Until Messi wins one.

Barca fans are as delusional as you can be.

>literally every trophy earnable with united and madrid he won
>messi doesn't have a single CL without xavi/ineista

hmmmmmmmm

You really are an idiot you're all over this thread saying dumb things to multiple people.

Penaldo doesn't have a single CL without scholes, tevez, vidic, ramos, bale, modric, di Maria, van der sar.

thats right he has 4

>Messi thread
>half posts are made by the autistic canadian ronaldo dickrider
Literally every time

shut your bitch ass up youre here every single time right on queue. stop playing the flag game just because you get assblasted every fucking time

I don't give a shit about ronaldo or messi, just saying you are pathetic

then quit crying about it

You have difficulties reading emotions, you are literally an autist

How am I crying? I don't even care about football, just saying you are a sad cunt

How could you possibly want for the dumb Canadian fanboy to stop posting? He's every thread's comic relief
You can almost picture him rage-posting all his bullshit merits, awards and cherry picked stats, trying to convince the world only to get a "Lol, yeah, no, fuck off"

Just leave it, he's not "completely right", if you know what I mean

He is not gay like homonaldo

>is here every single thread day or night
>i-i don't care! i-i-i s-swear!
>continues to reply without failure

>all argentines are the same person

Ronaldo is the best
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

0 without the aforementioned players.

The fact that you're one of the board's inner jokes doesn't mean Sup Forums wouldn't be better without you.
Every-single-thread remotely football related gets derailed at some point by you retard-dumping all your collection of fanboy bullshit and stats and most people telling you to shut the hell up and fuck off already.
Worst part is you're probably thinking "H-haha, told them", instead of realizing we just wan't to discuss the topics instead of dealing with the autism of one certain anonymous board user, like is currently happening.

Ignore the assmad Argies, leafGOD. Messhitters are just mad they're on the wrong side of history.

It's the leaf AGAIN.

he's in EVERY messi/ronaldo thread dick ridding ronaldo. LMAO

BASED big strong handsome elite macho muscular Ronaldoleaf poopetually eviscerating the pooturbed weak small messhit shitters

he will remind you tomorrow

Back to asp mandrama loser

BTFO

well he like scores goals and things but only against worse teams

He's here to combat the eternally assmad Messi chicano who posts stat charts from 2014.

>tf
>tt
Who are you fooling CHI? You think we dont know you subhumans bandwagon Halal?

Why are asians so weird?

You'll see tomorrow kid

the bane of bilbao

Because his father was a goat?

Such digits wasted on reddit. Shame

>This moron posted fake stats and no one bothered to question it

Truly we're in the era of fake news.

>Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand, has only scored three free-kicks since 2015, highlighting the vast difference in quality from dead ball situations between the two.

>Put in simpler terms – if Barcelona’s main man missed his next 241 free-kicks he would have the same free-kick to goal ratio as Ronaldo (who has a mere 1.3% free-kick conversion rate)

dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/news-gossip/136056/stats-behind-lionel-messis-free-kick-record-absolutely-eye-watering/

>Cristiano is not talented
>Messi doesn't work hard

Are you retarded?

I'm not even Hispanic and don't pretend you chicanos don't also root for Barca. Let go of all that self-hate, ese.

Xaviniesta literally dominated international football for 6 years, starting before and ending after Pep’s reign. But yeah Ronaldo never won a CL without Danilo, Anderson, or Arbeloa.

penaldo wouldnt even be able to dribble the first player

he took his country to a world cup final and a copa america final.
then higuain made sure messi lost both. the only reason he hasn't won anything with the argentina NT is because they love to sabotage messi

*Gets barrel bombed*

Watch the Clasico

Because he takes dribbles that used to be legendary, once-in-a-career moments for other players and does them multiple times every season

>the literal meca of weaboos
wwyt?

I mean the obvious weakness is his heading game. He also does nothing defensively. Still the GOAT though.

>He also does nothing defensively

I think it's fair to excue him of that when he is worth both a full midfielder and a full attacker

He's an attacking mid and a winger

Sure. I'm just saying, just because he's the best, doesn't mean he's perfect.

>(you)

Now you have your answer

>manages to set up Aleix Vidal to score against Madrid
That's why