Be my friend

>be my friend
>work for a Polish movie distribution company
>jokingly suggest inviting Tommy Wiseau and make screenings of The Room in several cities in Poland
>somehow everybody loves this idea but he has to contact Tommy
>after some calls he finally gets Tommy on the line
>'No, never, not in Poland, thank you very much goodbye' was his exact response'

>2017
>still no decent investigation into Tommy's past

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp83CimT0w
roomfullofspoons.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz866yeYKG8
youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And there never will be, at least not while he's alive. He seems to have disowned his heritage in the same way that Rutger Hauer considers himself American.

>never, not in Poland
is wiseau jewish? why does he hate poland?

Mainly because it's shitty country.

Proven, I live here.

t. Mahmoud

youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp83CimT0w

kino

Kek, are there many Polish films? I saw an independent film theater near me playing some "Polish" film. Turns out it was made by Jews, with some Israeli actor, was about kike horror.

I'm an american living in poland and i prefer being in poland most of the time

That's cause you're a faggot expat though.

Kieslowski
Wadja

I just really like cytrynówka and smalec

>Kek, are there many Polish films?

Is this the average tv poster?

He actually has some Jewish in him. His dad or grandfather's name was (((Abrahamowicz))) or something along the lines of that. Don't know if his mom is, but there's a good chance he is a pure Jew.

Yeah, it's a relatively small country, and I don't see many Polish films being produced recently. Make more films or become relevent.

>are there many Polish films?
P L E B

You haven't been living in poor Polish family in the 60's / 70's

Polish film from last ten years that you have to watch, otherwise you're a filthy pleb:
>The Bad House
>The Last Family
>Ida
>Spoor

Poland has literally one of the most impressive track records when it comes to movies. Nobody cares though because that language is fucking impossible.

who

don't you mean "whoms't"?

one day polan makes of rulings of world, mark my words

He's a gypsy. Slavs hate gypsies

>still no decent investigation into Tommy's past
The section is The Disaster Artist and the few bits of investigation that have happened based on them have uncovered most of the details. His life isn't really that much of a mystery anymore, except for the people who try to keep it one because they think it's fun. Tommy not confirming details doesn't mean anything, because he tries to cover up everything about his past.

And yes, he's Polish. His original last name was Wieczorkiewicz. He probably doesn't want to go back there because he doesn't want anything to do with that period of his life. He hated his childhood and spent years trying to escape that country. He might also be trying to avoid family members, or other people he has distant connections to.

He might not remember that much either. He was supposedly brained by police officers.

there's literally a documentary, Room Full Of Spoons, about this and his life
But legal issues and constant threats from Wiseau prevent the film from being released properly

There is a chapter in the book in which Tommy becomes really sad, seemingly for no reason then vanishes for several months (or even longer) only to return ripped and with a complete The Room screenplay.
I think somebody in Poland (his mom? father?) died at this time and he had to face it.

Is there a way to watch it?

If there is, I'd love to know myself
Last I heard, the filmmakers were looking into their options saying that if they can't find a proper way to release it then they'll put it online for free

It's played at a couple of small festivals and gotten decent responses as far as I'm aware

yeah, personally i think people should just let it go. he clearly had a hard life growing up behind the iron curtain and and the faint hope of one day becoming an american was probably the only thing that kept him going at the time. i get making fun of the way he speaks and acts but there's really no need to get creepy and dig into his past

What if some peple just consider this an interesting and maybe even inspiring story?

roomfullofspoons.com/

Looks like you can purchase it.

if he was a scientist who cured cancer or world class athlete that would be one thing, but we are talking about a possibly brain damaged guy from poland whose main claim to fame is being ironically enjoyed by hipsters because he can't speak english properly. it's quite depressing when you think about it. and the fact that this canadian guy would go through such lengths to uncover every single pointless detail about his crappy childhood in the eastern bloc is kind of scummy and reeks of weapons grade autism

Tommy was a prisoner in the Eastern bloc who escaped from the soviets to America near the end of the Cold War. His parents probably fought in WWII as well.

I forgot about that. I had chalked it up to mania.

He became a millionaire and made a movie he always wanted to make. So he's already better than 95% of Sup Forums.

>So he's already better than 95% of Sup Forums.

Exactly.

Not me though.

>it's quite depressing when you think about it.
It depends on your point of view. It's also the story of a bullied kid who grew up dirt poor, worked his way to a place he desperately wanted to live (while having a terrible life along the way), gradually worked his way up to being insanely wealthy because of his sales and investing prowess, and was eventually able to finance his lifelong dream (making a movie in America) entirely by himself.

The Disaster Artist is one of the most inspiring books I've ever read. Yeah, the guy is a weirdo, a lot about his life is pretty sad, and it's kind of messed up he's regarded as a sad joke by pretty much everybody, but overall, it's pretty inspiring. Tommy is a guy who tried hard and accomplished everything he wanted.

>SHIPPING JUNE 1ST, 2017

I'm 99.9% sure that Tommy's parents were actually Polish and got their citizenship under Reagan's. So he might just want to avoid leaving traces in the stupidest way imaginable.

It's a preorder
But there's a trailer that I hadn't before seen
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz866yeYKG8

what the fuck dude
slavkino is the best

>being insanely wealthy because of his sales and investing prowess

lmao hol up

nobody knows how tommy wiseau got rich. he claims it was good old hard work and elbow grease, which we all know is the surefire path to riches. the dude just financed The Room out of his own pocket, by the time they made that movie he already mysteriously owned a bunch of real estate in los angeles. are you telling me this brain damaged faggot is/was a master investor? read the disaster artist.

somehow I doubt he bootstrapped himself from being a shitpoor poleling into a millionaire american via traditional means. whether that means he got lucky and inherited shit from a lost relative, or pulled some fraud, or won a lottery on the downlow, or there's some money laundering happening, or he pulled a fast internet scam during the dotcom boom similar to "in my garage" guy, who knows. it's probably legit though because I guarantee he has already been audited, his mysterious wealth is such a massive meme at this point that the government must have looked into it. maybe he's just embarrassed about where it came from.

I believe it said something in the book about him making big bucks by importing leather jackets from South Korea

yeah that's probably bullshit. he has made a bunch of claims about how he made his money selling bootleg stuff in the third world etc. and he has some businesses where he sells clothes (you can buy from his website right now) but I aint 100% buying it, no way this guy is a chinese textile kingpin. could be a front.

>read the disaster artist.
I did, that's what happened according to Greg. He came to San Francisco dirt poor and got a job selling cheap trinkets and toys at Fisherman's Wharf, which he was apparently very good at, and became locally famous for. He used the money from that to invest in selling counterfeit clothes, which became even more profitable. At some point he started acquiring real estate (probably aided by some wealthy benefactors, who he may or not have have been a boytoy for), which is where most of his money probably came from, since he ended up owning a bunch of high-value property. The real estate, combined with his huge counterfeit clothes import business left him rich as fuck.

Those details are all either stated outright, or hinted at heavily in The Disaster Artist.

>are you telling me this brain damaged faggot is/was a master investor?
Well, that's what happened, so yes. And his brain damage probably helped. He apparently has a poor understanding of social boundaries, which probably makes it a lot easier for him to aggressively sell or negotiate.

tommy wiseau has also stated that everything in that book is bullshit

[shrugs polishly]

I don't know man, Sestero really claims that however much of a goddamn goof the guy seems to be he also knew how to make money

The point is that big monies did not help to make him into a great actor or screenwriter though

He got brain damaged after becoming wealthy.

It also makes sense as at the time the real estate in San Fransisco was dirt cheap.

>we are talking about a possibly brain damaged guy from poland whose main claim to fame is being ironically enjoyed by hipsters because he can't speak english properly
HE SPENT 6 MILLION DOLLARS on the fucking movie!!!
Just his story about getting the money would be interesting!
He went from a poor migrant to a millionaire.

>you will never write and act in an advertisement of your own business
youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec

Wiseau is a bro.

I had no idea they were making The Disaster Artist into a movie. I'm going to read the book tonight.

The movie looks pretty great but I guest my biggest issue is the cast is pretty much nothing but Franco's inner circlejerk of Hollywood pals, but I'm hearing good things.

I think he inherited a great amount from Drew Caffrey, which died in 1999 and Tommy credits as executive producer for the room.

He also claims that he was born in america and is 36 right now...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome

>Foreign accent syndrome is a rare medical condition in which patients develop speech patterns that are perceived as a foreign accent that is different from their native accent, without having acquired it in the perceived accent's place of origin.

The book is a great read and the final chapter is quite moving.

Initial reviews of the movie from SXSW this week are very good.

Wiseau is a good man who has achieved his dreams -- maybe not in the exact way he wanted, but he's brought joy to many people's lives.

Calling him a good man is a stretch.

That's likely. It's pretty clear he had some kind of relationship with a few elderly rich people who seemed to provide him money in some way. Inheritance is probably part of it, although it seems like he was still pretty loaded before 1999.

Yeah, Tommy has absolutely no problem with treatment people like shit if he thinks he'll get something out of it. Even his best friend describes him as manipulative, sometimes abusive, and hard to be around a lot of the time.

lol. is there anyone in poland who isn't part jewish?

Depends on the definition.
Everyone is going to have some ashkenazi DNA.