Why do some plebs think LotR > GoT

Why do some plebs think LotR > GoT

They're both shit.
/thread

Makes them feel patrician to act contrarian
It is sad really

because GOT wouldnt exist without LOTR.

GOT is just LOTRs bastard edgy child and is Shakespeare Lite for plebs who cant handle Shakespeare.

They both have the same problem (the movies/TV shows at least): they don't know how or when to end and have lingered far longer than they were welcome.

What was the tax policy in Westeros?

>GOT is just Shakespeare Lite for plebs who cant handle Shakespeare
wat

Because there's no "the more she drank the more she shat" equivalent in LotR

What don't you understand about that? Not that user but he is absolutely correct.

T A X
A
X

Dwarf's Penny or something like that. Basically a prostitution tax

because GoT is just a compilation of bunch of meh stories going at same time to keep you watching, if any of the GoT sub stories was a standalone it would be unwatchable
and LotR on the other hand is one epic journey from start to finish
also GoT is muh women empowerment bullshit

Proud member of 'I never watched a single second of GoT' reporting in.
I bow to no one, thronefucker.

What exactly do Amerisharts think Shakespeare is

I've read 6 of his tragedies (watched 3 of those) and 3 of his comedies, wanna educate me on Shakespeare?

I probably have to

>tfw to intelligent to use the correct form of to/too

lotr is nothing but childish banalities
prove me wrong you can't

It's the correct form amerishart

I sicnerely enjoy ASOIAF more than LOTR. Why wouldn't I?

same
tolkien writes bland characters desu

There's nothing wrong with this actually, but Sup Forums will shit on you

I find ASOIAF simply more exciting. LOTR is like reading mythology, which isn't a negative but not as attention grabbing.

lol. Cato standing like human

LOTR is complete. So complete Tolkien's made money off his world building notes he had lying around. The Hobbit & LOTR created a genre.

The movies had a full story to deal with and ruin what they thought needed changing and add their shitty fanfic writing to the Hobbit series to cash in on le three film epic.

GRRM is retired. He gave up writing the series before the show's pilot was done then redone because D&D are shit. Yeah he finished one book that he was sitting of for 6 years, and has sold three short stories to cash in on the TV show's success, but he basically has given up on the story and doesn't care. Fuck even the audio books are so low quality the voice actor mispronounces half the names.

D&D care even less about the story. And now that they lapped that fat lazy baby boomer their lack of talent and apathy are almost legendary. They kill off characters to save money on the show and expect it to have the same impact killing off Ned Stark had except Ned's death was significant to the plot. The remaining characters they move around to save more money teleporting them all over the world doing stupid shit that is inconsistent with their characters' motivation. But as long as they keep the STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN and give them all the best scenes the critics will keep loving the show. Add blood & tits and you get the Reddit Consensus on what show and story is better.

I hate to sound like mr doesn't have fun but they're both dogshit, it took me a re-watch to realize for LoTR it's mostly just "wow this is pretty" with mediocre acting and cgi sequences. I like the lotr films and the lore sure but they're not great movies. GoT just makes me laugh, I downladed the entire seasons and haven't rewatched them simply because I cannot.

They all seem to invoke this formula where oh cut to this major character - SOMETHING HAPPENED! then cut to minor character who is doing osmething that will eventually set off a major character.. shut up.

I'm still going to finish it to the bitter fucking end though

based cat

>pretend to be reddit for a thread
>actual redditors come up and spout the very opinions you parodied earlier.
Jesus Christ you braindead morans belong on a concentraiter camp.

REDWALL MOVIE WHEN
>REDWALL MOVIE WHEN
REDWALL MOVIE WHEN
>REDWALL MOVIE WHEN

GoT is shit now