Barney > Marshall > Robin > Lilly > Ted

Barney > Marshall > Robin > Lilly > Ted

I'd swap Barney and Marshall, but the show is mediocre anyway.

Lilly is trash tier

She left Marshall at the fucking alter to go be a shitty artist is San Francisco, then cam crawling back to him when she failed.

Not to mention constant scheming in Ted's love life to match him with a partner she deemed suitable for her "front porch fantasy."

Came here to say almost exactly this.

Ah well. Back to bed I guess.

Marshall > Barney > Ted > Robin > Lily

why did they make the lead character so awful?
i have no idea what kind of person that would like ted.

>Marshall > Barney > Robin == Lily > Ted
there fixed

Marshall > Barney > Robin > Lily > Ted

This is the only correct answer, search your feelings you know it to be true.

Early marshall>early barney>late ted>robin>early ted>>>lilly

Marshall>a toilet>Barney>literally shit>the rest

Late marshall and barney are last ofc

Why do people like Marshall so much? I never really cared for him - I always found him quite childish and pseudo intellectual. In fact I actually preferred Ted over him. Ted was a naive, neurotic douche, true, but at least he knew it and frequently admitted to his mistakes. Marshall thought of himself as some le epic lawyer dudebro who was doing serious environmental work guiz while being a complete shill throughout the entire show. The fact that he was completely whipped by Lily as well also turned me off liking the guy. Lily was the biggest cunt of the entire show and the fact that he married her says a lot about him.

Of course none of this is to say that Marshall was a bad guy and he had his good qualities too but I just didn't feel anything for him.

From day one, Marshall mimics what you're supposed to deal with in reality (i.e. putting up with shitty conditions while still chasing your dreams). He just does it constantly with a sense of happiness and with intention overall, I think thats the childish part you're referring to.

When you strip back the laughs on the show, every other character seems dark and depressed about their existence, even though they're living out the trope of being well paid in sick NYC apartments and great living conditions. Every other character is sad about their existence; Marshall is just (seemingly) happy to live every day being Marshall. I think most people want what Marshall is for themselves, which is why so many people like his character (myself included).

Yeah but we don't evaluate characters by how desirable their traits are.
I'd place him at the top based on the actors physical comedy chops, and the fact they aren't as gimmicky and cardboard cutout as the other two male characters.

That being said I relate to him more easily than the other two male characters and it's all opinion.

Ted reminded me of myself but I also hate my personality so go figure.

Who's Sup Forums, the taxi driver guy?

Sup Forums is Randy

this show is sooo white and gay. i can't stand it.

Marshal > Barney > Robin > Ted > Lilly
true patrician choice

nice racism

How can you even remember such an obsure character?

>It's a Ted gets cucked episode.

if you want to be a true patrician you have to rate them based on testosterone so:
Barney > Marshall > Robin > Lily > Ted
but that just brings you back to OP

I'm still pissed about that ending

Everyone chucks everyone in this show... it's impossible to keep up with...

Lily is easily the worst, and Marshall the best.
They all get flanderized hard, Barney especially. Ted is fine in the early seasons; I don't know why they decided to make him so pathetic later on.
Robin is the only character who arguably improves as the show progresses, at least for a while. The late seasons of the show are so garbage, nothing about it can actually be called good.

>final season
>establishes the mother is literally the perfect match for Ted
>Barney and Robin overcome their problems and insecurities to find love with each other
>get to final episode
>lol jk eat a dick

Marshall>>>>Barney>>>>>>>Lily>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Robin=Ted (two worst characters ever on TV... )