Alan Rickman is fantastic in the Harry Potter series and Snape has a legitimately compelling arc from movie 1 to movie...

Alan Rickman is fantastic in the Harry Potter series and Snape has a legitimately compelling arc from movie 1 to movie 8.
You know this to be true.

Still not as good as him in Dogma, Galaxy Quest, Die Hard. Shame HP will be his most recognized legacy forever now.

Grow up

I disagree. His characters had virtually zero range in those movies. He's great in them, and they're all movies I like, but in the Potter series he got to express a great range of emotions.
>appreciating good performances is childish
Nigga u dum

Yeah, he had more "range" in HP, sure. Because the series had EIGHT FUCKING MOVIES. Jesus.

Harry Potter movies are unironically good, that pasta can fuck off

Are you saying a character can only experience a wide range of emotions over the course of many movies? Because that's objectively retarded. Rickman also expressed a wide range of emotions in 'Love Actually'

Seriously, they're highly enjoyable movies. Not sure why people have to get so autistic over "kids" movies. Pixar is great but Harry Potter is only for children? Jesus Christ.

>movie 8
>not movie 7 part 2
c'mon, buddy

I know the real truth which is its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises haha. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

> is

was.

You need to remember where you are.

I'm saying that in 16-some hours of footage and continued plot development, a glorified support character is much more able to obtain a wide "range" of emotions than they would in a support role in a 2-hour production.

He was not in a support role in Love Actually.

If you're saying you think you can infinitely characterize a given character regardless of their role, purpose or screentime constraints, that's objectively retarded.

Get your autism under control.
Shut up. His performances didn't die with him.
He had like 15 minutes of screen time in Love Actually. Having much more screen time over the course of 8 movies merely allowed for more character development.

Im normally never affected by celebrity deaths, but I remember Alan's death hit me hard and saddened me for a few days. It felt like a friend I had known for years passed away. The man was a rare talent and extraordinary person. RIP

David Bowie for me. I think because of Labyrinth. I teared up and wondered if he's going to hell. No joke Same with Willy Wonka

Same.
Because of Labyrinth? Are you a grill?

Do you think it's too late to trade Meryl Streep for Alan? would God agree to this?

Bad news. God is played by Morgan Freeman, and he's friends with Meryl Streep.

>Mmmmmmmmister... Ppppppppotter.

He'll always be Hans Gruber to me.